Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    Y'know, I have a hard time deciding what I hated more about the planet exploration - The Mako or the Planets. The mako had terrible handling but the planets were so unbelievably difficult to navigate. Some were mostly rolling hills and flat plains (beware thresher maws) but others were nothing but sheer cliffs and mile high peaks.
    I loved the planets that didn't have many sharp inclines. They actually made the Mako tolerable. But for some reason that I can't begin to fathom, they decided to throw in ridiculously sharp cliffs every two feet. That just made the Mako's god awful handling even worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Here,

Characters:
    Adept: Asari > Justicar/Drell > rest
    Soldier: They're all viable
    Sentinel: Vorcha/Turian > rest
    Engineer: Salarian/Geth > Male Quarian >>> rest
    Infiltrator: Salarian > Geth >> Male Quarian >>>> rest
    Vanguard: Asari/Krogan > rest

Registering your game and making a profile on social.bioware will let show you what you have, what you're missing, and what rarity everything is.
    http://social.bioware.com/3838954/&v...ay=multiplayer
    ^ mine for example.
    For me I rank the regular Human Adept as higher on any maps where you can get easily shockwave people. If you can't get the shockwave to set off biotics it's a fair bit weaker unless someone else can help with the biotic explosions. Non-stop biotic explosions and tech bursts are a beautiful sight to see.

I quite like the batarian for the sentinel as well.

Agree with you for the rest though.

10+ Year Old Account
    i loved the planets where i didnt have to get out of the mako to shoot down drones!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I loved the planets that didn't have many sharp inclines. They actually made the Mako tolerable. But for some reason that I can't begin to fathom, they decided to throw in ridiculously sharp cliffs every two feet. That just made the Mako's god awful handling even worse.
    Personally I don't remember the Mako being as awful as everyone is saying, I didn't find it's handling that bad. Then again it has been a little while since I played ME1 so I may have locked those memories up.

Ya, I think you've put on the rose coloured glasses. My GF wanted to experience the series since I had been talking about it for so long so we played (I played while she ate popcorn and watched) them all through back to back on the xbox. Until I did that I remembered enjoying the planet exploration. I think the issue is everyone playing it through more than once. The first time it's all new and you find things in almost every new valley. Every time after that you know what you're going to find and its just torture to find it all again...but you feel like you need to to get the full experience.

Edit - I was just talking to my GF and she mentioned liking the overheating system. It was different from most shooters and made sense. I'd have to agree with her and you never had these situations where you ran out. In the short term you may screw yourself by firing too many shots, but you'd never be screwed in the longer fire fights.
    Last edited by Iyotanka; 2012-06-13 at 12:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see why people hated the mako. It wasn't that bad and I for one prefer it over the hover tank in ME2. At least the mako wouldn't explode from a gentle breeze.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I really don't see why people hated the mako. It wasn't that bad and I for one prefer it over the hover tank in ME2. At least the mako wouldn't explode from a gentle breeze.
    A happy medium between the two would have been perfect for me. The maneuverability of the Hammerhead and the armoring of the Mako.

Though I've gotta say, I didn't miss either in ME3. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I enjoyed the mako as well. The planets were all kinda boring but at the same time I liked the exploration that came with it even if it was a bit cookie cutter.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still say that anyone who hates the mako simply didnt understand my baby at all. =P I love the mako and getting sweet, sweet air in it was what made exploring planets for me bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I still say that anyone who hates the mako simply didnt understand my baby at all. =P I love the mako and getting sweet, sweet air in it was what made exploring planets for me bearable.
    You can keep your overgrown super bouncy ball baby. I'm just as happy with no planet exploration. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Really? Because I also got it on my first day =X
    I made a couple of games and saved for the most expensive pack, got it right away.
    Sucks that I only wanted an Asari Adept =(
    Hold up, you can get the N7 Valiant from the normal packs?

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 04:29 PM ----------

Bleh. N7 Eagle II and N7 Crusader I from this past event...

15+ Year Old Account
    Hold up, you can get the N7 Valiant from the normal packs?
    You aren't supposed to. The N7 weapons are exclusive to the Community events in multiplayer (and the CE in single player).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    and I should say the CE n7 weapons, as all ultra-rare weapons are "n7". But yeah the CE weapons should only come from the event packs. If you did get one from another count yourself lucky you got a nifty bug. And even if you just remember wrong it is still awesome as the Valiant is an awesome rifle to start out with.

Been a while since I checked up on ME3. Is extended cut out yet? Or is there at least a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Been a while since I checked up on ME3. Is extended cut out yet? Or is there at least a release date?
    No and no.

Well they did say during the summer so it should be out soon, which means..... got to start the single player mode. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Well they did say during the summer so it should be out soon, which means..... got to start the single player mode. >.<
    I have been doing just that. although i`m playing D3 more atm i have a single player ready to continue whenever they decide to give us the extended endings
    Multiplayer is getting a bit boring for me so i havnt doen it for a few weeks now i`ll pick it up later

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

The two packs from this weekend's challenge just gave me the vorcha soldier, the Crusader, and the Hurricane. Would have liked the Valiant but oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can keep your overgrown super bouncy ball baby. I'm just as happy with no planet exploration. lol
    I must admit I loved exploration in Mako as well. The bouncing only happened on low G planets, on high G planets the Mako was like glued to the terrain but had difficulties to crawl up mountains.

If they had replaced the Mako with the hovercraft they had in some missions in ME2 I'd have been fine as well. I think it added to the atmosphere, seeing strange and well-crafted worlds. Part of what you could enjoy even when you hated the Mako control at times. Still playing ME1 sometimes for the sake of planet exploration sometimes.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!