Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    They could continue the story with Garrus or Leiara as main protagonists. If I remember right, they're the only ones that are sure to survive in any scenario whatsoever, right?
    Garrus can die on the suicide mission, and both can die on the beam run if your EMS is horribly low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Garrus can die on the suicide mission, and both can die on the beam run if your EMS is horribly low.
    Ok, didn't know about the suicide mission. Besides that, the beam doesn't really count as in that option everyone kind of dies, nobody on Earth lives and barely others on other planets make it, barely.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Ok, didn't know about the suicide mission. Besides that, the beam doesn't really count as in that option everyone kind of dies, nobody on Earth lives and barely others on other planets make it, barely.
    this makes me sad as I can never see these endings as I've spent too much time on multiplayer :/
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

I got back into the multiplayer last night for the first time in a quite a while, and I has a question for anyone that can answer it. I have all the characters unlocked, but I am still getting characters from gear packs, which of course give my classes experience. I really want gear instead. So my question is, if I don't promote anything and I get all classes to 20, will the game stop giving me those useless class xp boosts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I got back into the multiplayer last night for the first time in a quite a while, and I has a question for anyone that can answer it. I have all the characters unlocked, but I am still getting characters from gear packs, which of course give my classes experience. I really want gear instead. So my question is, if I don't promote anything and I get all classes to 20, will the game stop giving me those useless class xp boosts?
    You stop getting those when you unlock all of the customization for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    You stop getting those when you unlock all of the customization for the class.
    Cool, thanks! A little demoralizing when a premium spectre pack gives you nothing but the character xp thingies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Because without Shepard living there is no reason to pick Red. It's pointless.
    That doesn't make sense. If it was pointless and there was no reason to pick it then why did people pick it in the first place? The only way they can see that Shepard apparently lives afterwards is by picking the option. The Catalyst tells you that you will be destroyed as you are part synthetic. It is illogical to say that the only reason to pick that option is for a hidden scene you aren't shown until after you've already picked it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Personally, the reason I picked red is because I felt it was my duty. My Shepard promised to destroy the Reapers. He felt that control, essentially turning himself into a god, is not only too risky, but a betrayal of everyone that followed him. He saw synthesis as too radical, a choice that no one person should ever be able to make for the rest of creation. So he chose destroy. He finished what he came there to do, he destroyed the Reapers, and he maintained the status quo in the galaxy. He was saddened that his choice destroyed the Geth, but he also believed that the Geth were perhaps in some small way more "Human" than any of the other races, and that they would understand and agree with his choice of sacrificing them to stop the Reapers forever.

The only reason I can't bring myself to choose destroy? EDI. I can't bring myself to kill EDI. Legion would stop me too if he were actually still around. But since he's not, EDI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    The only reason I can't bring myself to choose destroy? EDI. I can't bring myself to kill EDI. Legion would stop me too if he were actually still around. But since he's not, EDI.
    Legion is still my reason for not picking Destroy. After all, he proved that the geth do have souls and I do not want to massacre the millions of souls aiding the quarians to rebuild their homeworld.

And of course I don't want to kill EDI.

Besides, Synthesis results in krogan with glowing green eyes. Who wouldn't want that?
    Putin khuliyo

I always kinda worried about the quarians too. I was like, "Okay just how indiscriminate is this thing? Would it render all of their suits nonfunctional? Am I inadvertently killing off the quarians too?! O_O NUUUUU TALI okay no destroy."

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    That's why I did it. Millions of years of genocide? Absolutely no regard for organics other than turning into goo and mech zombies?

They are lucky I didn't pick control just to crash them all into the sun.

My Shepard didn't survive a hit from Harbinger just to negotiate a surrender. He had no intention of leaving the Citadel alive as long as the Reapers were still alive.
    Any by picking that you committed genocide to the Geth. How are you any better then the Reapers themselves when you are willing to commit genocide for your goals? That's my point anyway. But You guys make a good point about the whole renegade stick it to the man thing. A renegade Shepard caught up in vengeance would probably pick red just cause the Reapers blow up. Screw the consequences or potential plus's with the other options.

I always play paragon(I feel to shitty as renegade) so I tend to view the series from the paragon POV.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That doesn't make sense. If it was pointless and there was no reason to pick it then why did people pick it in the first place? The only way they can see that Shepard apparently lives afterwards is by picking the option. The Catalyst tells you that you will be destroyed as you are part synthetic. It is illogical to say that the only reason to pick that option is for a hidden scene you aren't shown until after you've already picked it.
    You do make a good point, I am looking at it from the afterwards POV since I've already played the game. Just red comes off so lame to me now(am I the only one?), especially if Shepard is actually dead like Starchild says. The Reapers as we know them die in every ending one way or another. In red they die too but we get none of the spoils and we kill the awesome Geth and EDI. The two blatant exceptions to everything Star child spews at us. Shepard living to me would actually make that ending somewhat worthwhile. Otherwise with the knowledge I have of the other endings, I would never ever pick it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 10:09 PM ----------

Personally, the reason I picked red is because I felt it was my duty. My Shepard promised to destroy the Reapers. He felt that control, essentially turning himself into a god, is not only too risky, but a betrayal of everyone that followed him. He saw synthesis as too radical, a choice that no one person should ever be able to make for the rest of creation. So he chose destroy. He finished what he came there to do, he destroyed the Reapers, and he maintained the status quo in the galaxy. He was saddened that his choice destroyed the Geth, but he also believed that the Geth were perhaps in some small way more "Human" than any of the other races, and that they would understand and agree with his choice of sacrificing them to stop the Reapers forever.
    But by destroying the Geth you are proving the Reapers and star-child correct. That AI's and humans cannot function as one or work together. You did exactly what the Reapers do by sacrificing the Geth. You jammed a giant knife into the Geth's back because of your human conceptions. They trusted you and you tossed them to the side the first chance you had. Do not presume they would have been ok being used like that. You just unmercifully killed every piece of AI in the galaxy. Your an organic Reaper essentially. You are saying the Bad AI's overshadow the good one's and therefore neither deserve to live if the bad one can be killed. Apply that to humanity and it becomes quite a bit less black and white. If Shep actually got to ask the Geth, it would be different. But he didn't.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-07-01 at 02:17 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Meh, screw the Geth... if there needs to be a sacrifice let it be the toasters ~
    The thing is if you screw the Geth you are screwing the Quarians as well. At least in the short term. Because the Geth are integrating into the Quarian suits and allowing them to adapt to life without a suit 100 times faster then they normally be able to. If you broker peace between the two then you intertwined their fates. What happens to one impacts the other.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Meh, screw the Geth... if there needs to be a sacrifice let it be the toasters ~
    I feel a little bad for Joker, but I'm sure he will find someone with a real punany and get over it.

About the Quarians, they had the aid of the Geth for a couple of weeks, they don't die over it.
    They could have had their aid for the entirety of their civilization if 90% of them didn't act like zealous fanatics when the Geth gained intelligence. It's something I fear in real society to if we ever accidentally create AI's. Everything the Quarians got from the Geth they deserved.

Also not having the Geth will delay them being able to live without suits for hundreds of years now. No walking Rannoch suitless for Tali.

Edit: rhorle beat me to it
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-07-01 at 02:30 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Geth can be rebuilt. Problem solved.

Besides, I spent three games gunning them down by the truck load. They were just useful tools for the war.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Geth can be rebuilt. Problem solved.

Besides, I spent three games gunning them down by the truck load. They were just useful tools for the war.
    Well I spent two games learning that they could be friends. I generally don't kill my friends. You monster.

They could have had their aid for the entirety of their civilization if 90% of them didn't act like zealous fanatics when the Geth gained intelligence. It's something I fear in real society to if we ever accidentally create AI's. Everything the Quarians got from the Geth they deserved.

Also not having the Geth will delay them being able to live without suits for hundreds of years now. No walking Rannoch suitless for Tali.

Edit: rhorle beat me to it
    Well and the whole, we rebuild AI, go to war, and start up the cycles again.

But by destroying the Geth you are proving the Reapers and star-child correct. That AI's and humans cannot function as one or work together. You did exactly what the Reapers do by sacrificing the Geth. You jammed a giant knife into the Geth's back because of your human conceptions. They trusted you and you tossed them to the side the first chance you had. Do not presume they would have been ok being used like that. You just unmercifully killed every piece of AI in the galaxy. Your an organic Reaper essentially. You are saying the Bad AI's overshadow the good one's and therefore neither deserve to live if the bad one can be killed. Apply that to humanity and it becomes quite a bit less black and white. If Shep actually got to ask the Geth, it would be different. But he didn't.
    My Shepard never cared about being right or wrong. He cared about the Reapers, for sure, being gone forever. If he had to sacrifice a different species instead, he would have. It was just coincidence that it was the Geth. Hell, he'd have sacrificed humanity if it meant the rest of the galaxy got to live, Reaper free.

My Shepard saw the Geth the same as any other species, saw how noble and selfless they had the potential to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Legion is still my reason for not picking Destroy. After all, he proved that the geth do have souls and I do not want to massacre the millions of souls aiding the quarians to rebuild their homeworld.

Besides, Synthesis results in krogan with glowing green eyes. Who wouldn't want that?
    I took every choice to destroy the krogan, so i dont.

Besides, selfawareness equals a soul?
    I disagree.

My Shepard never cared about being right or wrong. He cared about the Reapers, for sure, being gone forever. If he had to sacrifice a different species instead, he would have. It was just coincidence that it was the Geth. Hell, he'd have sacrificed humanity if it meant the rest of the galaxy got to live, Reaper free.
    Geth do not see death as a living species, so they would themselves judge it as an acceptable sacrifise to stop the reapers.

I feel a little bad for Joker, but I'm sure he will find someone with a real punany and get over it.

About the Quarians, they had the aid of the Geth for a couple of weeks, they don't die over it.
    Armed toasters that can go for your throat if someone hacks a computer.
    And i think Joker would prefer a real soft squishy vajaja over a hard metal CLANG CLANG CLANG one, the mans body is weak already, no need to break it further.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-07-01 at 10:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    this makes me sad as I can never see these endings as I've spent too much time on multiplayer :/
    Look them on youtube, that's how I saw them.