Deleted
    I just finished it. I must say that I hate that it made me so sad at so many times, including all the final part. Just before the assault I was feeling...depressed because I thought we would just fail. I really don't remember any other videogame, ever, having such strong emotional impact on me at so many times except maybe FFVII and that was because I was a teenager, not a full grown adult or the BG2 endings (Minsc, Viconia romanced)

There's some details I didn't like (not many playable characters, no real exploration, etc.) but in general I think that it's an incredible ending to the trilogy. It has surprised me from the beginning to the end.

I remember, some years ago, how my brother was showing me the trailers for the first one and I was like "Bleh, I'm not into sci-fi with aliens and spaceships except Star Wars". Then one day I decided to try it and...got hooked. And now it's become one of my favourite games/sagas of all times.

I'm going to replay the last bit to see the other ending although I read that there's tons of additional endings.

There's not a ton of endings, there's a ton of variety in which endings are available to you depending on your EMS.

And I know the feeling about going to fail. I got it when I saw both the kid and Shepard burst into flames in the dream. I just knew Shepard wasn't coming back from that mission. Which I'm okay with. I would have liked a happy ending with rainbows, but in the Mass Effect universe there really isn't such a thing. There are victories, but they always come at a cost.

Deleted
    Wow... just found a nice time saver they did.

If you get Gabby and Ken back on the Normandy, you can JUST trigger the lines they say when you leave them for the first time in ME2. (missed it the first time as they started talking then I moved out of range)

Deleted
    Theses "16" endings are ALL bad -.-

Deleted
    Bleh, would rather have 25% credits, but I suppose they wouldn't sell as many BW points then -.-

I only have one level 20, so this suits me fine. ^^

3 million Brutes killed? Good job guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Well that depends.
    If you watch this, [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOyeFvnhiI[/url] and if it is true, I'd say it's one of the better endings I've seen.
    But if they don't expand/fix it, it's one of the worst - if not the worst ending so far.
    Even if it is true it should have been on the released game, even after the credits to troll you (would have laughed).

I doubt they would have let it get this out of hand if it was true.

If they try and make a paid dlc for an ending that makes sense, or don't make one that makes sense I'm just done, not going to flame them or anything.

I have to agree that if they charge for a DLC ending then all of my good will towards Bioware will be evaporated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I have to agree that if they charge for a DLC ending then all of my good will towards Bioware will be evaporated.
    One potential problem I can see arising for BioWare, is that on the 360, Microsoft put a capacity cap on the size a piece of free DLC can be. So they might have to charge for the 360 version even if they don't want too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    That would be a massive kick in the kneecaps. And yes, I agree.
    I've seen a few people going "omg you guys just don't get the ending! Stop destroying the gaming community! (lol)" and the only one who tried to back up his claim linked the indoctrination video...

Apparently he's perfectly fine with no actual ending and Shepard lying in a pile of rubble after a HUGE unconfirmed plot twist and the Reapers flying around nomming people.

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    One potential problem I can see arising for BioWare, is that on the 360, Microsoft put a capacity cap on the size a piece of free DLC can be. So they might have to charge for the 360 version even if they don't want too.
    Portal 2's free dlc was almost 800mb

10+ Year Old Account
    so no extra packs or prizes like last weekend? Bah, not worth my time.

Deleted
    Oh awesome, this one is actually available on PS3 as well. *does a little happy dance* Gotta see if I'll actually bother doing it but meh. :P

Also, anyone else hate Project: Overlord because of the Rogue VI making those damn screeches everywhere you go? I was playing Overlord with my new, fancy headphones when I first went there and that sound just gave me a freaking heartattack. Now I keep getting those lil' shocks even without the headphones... :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Oh awesome, this one is actually available on PS3 as well. *does a little happy dance* Gotta see if I'll actually bother doing it but meh. :P

Also, anyone else hate Project: Overlord because of the Rogue VI making those damn screeches everywhere you go? I was playing Overlord with my new, fancy headphones when I first went there and that sound just gave me a freaking heartattack. Now I keep getting those lil' shocks even without the headphones... :|
    I think that's the point in them

Nice seeing people from it in ME3 though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I think that's the point in them

Nice seeing people from it in ME3 though.
    It was great seeing David and the professor guy (my memory fails me so he's just going to be "professor guy"), I didn't expect to see them both.

And yeeeeah... I think that's the point in them but I was being so overly amused about my new headphones and the sounds and when the Rogue VI kept going "SKDJAKSDAKMMSD!" I literally threw the headphones at my TV. I'm just glad I didn't knock over anything. :'D

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    so no extra packs or prizes like last weekend? Bah, not worth my time.
    It does mention that we should use this as an opportunity to get levelled for next weekend's event though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea those VI sounds really were terrible :S

I just had an epiphany while replying to something about the ending on another forum. Which other device have we seen in recent sci-fi history that could send out a bubble of energy capable of targetting specific matter with the ability to be transmitted through an interstellar transportation network? Stargate SG-1, with the ancient weapon on Dakara. If it worked for people there, I really don't see why it doesn't work for people now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's been posted, but Ending clarification/closure DLC shit confirmed now:

https://twitter.com/#!/masseffect/st...33534146781186

It's not a new one, though. But meh. Seems like they're caving into the people who want a 'happy!" ending instead of fixing glaring holes.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-23 at 08:27 PM.