Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'll say one thing about this game. I bawled like a baby through many parts of it. It's tinged with this bitter sweetness. Alot of it is a result of the music I think but also you feel alot more for the characters in this game. Way more than in me1 and me2. I'm so glad I romanced Liara this time.

I still get misty when I hear this song.
    Now I want to completely skip ME2 with my newly-finished ME1 Adept, and jump straight into ME3, just to get that scene again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Now I want to completely skip ME2 with my newly-finished ME1 Adept, and jump straight into ME3, just to get that scene again.
    I know the feeling...

Anyway, I'm definitely still falling in love with the OST. Plus it's a great motivation booster for WoW raids. I listened to it during our progression tonight and we got Hagara HC down. Clearly all thanks to my Mass Effect 3 music listening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Thank god for an autosave @ romance scene

I just love the credits music in ME 3, and ofcourse, M4. Part 2 from ME 1 Credits, which I still use as a ringtone. People are kinda sick of me answering late... Wonder why?!

I bought ME 2 Collector's edition from Origin (25Euros) to get ME 2 soundtrack. I just love them all. Would get ME 1 Collector's edition if I can find it.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

what time period do u want the next game to be in? Sequel? Prequel? Next Cycle?!?
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    what time period do u want the next game to be in? Sequel? Prequel? Next Cycle?!?
    Sequel or next cycle would be my preference. Though... not sure there'd BE a next cycle if the Reapers were stopped. I've found out most of what I wanted to know about the Protheans from Javik. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the game too much to bitch about the ending really, it was decent. I guess Bioware like giant god metaphors

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I enjoyed the game too much to bitch about the ending really, it was decent. I guess Bioware like giant god metaphors
    Aye the ending was my only issue with the game. I loved all of it up to like the last 15 mins. I can trade 15 mins of "mehs" and "wtfs" for 35+ hours of "holy craps" and "OMFG MOARS". I'll love them if they give me DLC that gives me more clarity and closure (which they said they are) but either way I still think it was an awesome game. :P ME1 and ME2 were just breathtaking IMO so they're not even in question. XD

The Catalyst Doesn't Care If You Approve Of His Ending

Catalyst: “Wake up.”

Shepard: “What? Where am I.”

Catalyst: “The Citadel. It’s my home.”

Shepard: “Who are you?”

Catalyst: “I’m the Catalyst, bitch.”

Shepard: “Why do you look that dead kid from my nightmares?”

Catalyst: “I chose a form that would seem familiar to you. It’s kind of like that movie ‘Contact.’ Have you seen it? It isn’t very good, but I love anything with Matthew McConnaughey.”

Shepard: “What?”

Catalyst: “My all-time fave is ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.’ It’s just delightful. I’d tell you to add it to your Netflix queue, but I kind of doubt the mail is getting delivered, since Earth got eaten by my giant robot space Cthulhus. Plus, you’re going to die in about three minutes.”

Shepard: “Wait. What?”

Catalyst: “I’m just fuckin’ with you, bro.”

Shepard: “Oh. Good. I was about to freak out. So, how do I stop the reapers?”

Catalyst: “I control the reapers. They are my solution.”

Shepard: “Solution? To what?”

Catalyst: “Basically, people are smart enough to be dangerous, but you’re still too stupid to live. You always invent killer robots that will exterminate all organic life. The only way to stop that from happening is to invent killer robots that only exterminate most organic life. It’s really obvious, once you think about it.”

Shepard: “That’s not true. I made peace with the killer robots. I made peace with everyone.”

Catalyst: “Are you serious? Have you not been paying attention? All you’ve managed to prove is that the disparate civilizations of the galaxy slightly prefer tolerating each other’s presence to dying in a fire. If the reapers were out of the picture, how long do you think the galaxy would last?”

Shepard: “But you have to give us a choice. That’s what the entire series of games has been about.”

Catalyst: “My ass! Can you really be that disingenuous? I know how many times you reloaded from your old save on Virmire. I know you looked at Gamefaqs before the suicide mission. So don’t try to bullshit me.”

Shepard: “I think what's been happening is really inspiring. Stuff is really going to change.”

Catalyst: “You gave free will to an army of nine-foot tall killer androids. You also cured the genophage, which was the only thing preventing the galaxy from being overrun by giant nuclear rage rhinos. And you decided that a species of bugs the size of trucks should continue to exist. Twice.”

Shepard: “The truck-bugs said they’d be nice.”

Catalyst: “God, you’re stupid.”

Shepard: “You’re taking away our future. That’s all we’ve got.”

Catalyst: “I am the most powerful computer ever created. I’ve done the math. If I don’t harvest advanced civilizations, then they’ll inevitably destroy themselves and all other organic life.”

Shepard: “I don’t believe that.”

Catalyst: “It’s a fact, dipshit. You don’t get to agree or disagree with a fact. It just exists.”

Shepard: “But we built the Crucible.”

Catalyst: “Yeah, you did. And if there’s one irrevocable law of the universe, it’s that world-destroying fleets of squid-bots must yield to vaguely-defined space-macguffins. So I guess now we need to find a new solution.”

Shepard: “Hellz yeah, we do. In yo’ face.”

Catalyst: “Okay, you want some choices? Here are some choices. First, if you want to destroy the reapers, you can do that. You can destroy all synthetic creatures, including the geth. It will also blow up the mass relays and the Citadel.”

Shepard: “How about we just blow up the reapers, and we keep the mass relays and the Citadel?”

Catalyst: “How about you go fuck yourself?”

Shepard: “But we’ll have peace? The reapers will be gone forever?”

Catalyst: “Yeah. But they only stop you from destroying yourselves. How long do you think it will be before there’s another Rachni swarm or another Krogan invasion or somebody invents more killer-robots?”

Shepard: “You have to give us a chance.”

Catalyst: “You’re an idiot.”

Shepard: “What’s the second choice?”

Catalyst: “You can take control of the Reapers.”

Shepard: “So the Illusive Man was right?”

Catalyst: “Yep. He’s made a lot of sense all along. If you didn’t skip all the dialog, you might have noticed.”

Shepard: “I kind of wish I hadn’t shot him in the face.”

Catalyst: “You make a lot of really questionable decisions.”

Shepard: “So how do I control the reapers?”

Catalyst: “Grab onto those electrode things over there.”

Shepard: “The ones with all the blue lightning jumping off of them?”

Catalyst: “Yep. Those.”

Shepard: “Looks like that will hurt.”

Catalyst: “Oh, yeah. It will melt your goddamn face right off. I never said this was going to be easy. Also, the mass relays will all blow up.”

Shepard: “Yeah, I’ve got a question about that. The full military strength of every advanced race in the galaxy has been deployed to Earth.”

Catalyst: “So?”

Shepard: “So, if the mass relays blow up, how will they get home? They don’t have FTL drives, and they rely on the mass relays for interstellar travel.”

Catalyst: “What do I look like? A spaceship scientist? Who gives a damn about FTL drives? You just have to give into the emotional significance of what’s going on right now. This is major climactic shit that’s happening here. Don’t be such a nerd.”

Shepard: “What’s the third option?”

Catalyst: “You jump into that big green beam of light, and die. For some reason, that will create a new DNA that fuses all organic and synthetic life into an organic-synthetic combination.”

Shepard: “How does that fix anything?”

Catalyst: “I don’t know. I’m pretty much just making shit up. My plan was to kill all humans. I still think we should go with that one.”

Shepard: “So no matter what I do, I’m going to die?”

Catalyst: “Yep.”

Shepard: “Wow. That’s a bummer.”

Catalyst: “Sucks to be you.”
    Last edited by Crawford; 2012-03-28 at 11:05 PM.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

I do not get it, what game is this...

Mass Effect 3

Well, the last sentence was exactly the thing I thought, when I played ME3 through..

Finished ME3 about an hour ago. How absolutely stunning this game, this series, was. Thank you MMO poster, I forget his/her name. Whoever has the Sovereign quote as their signature. It was after reading that quote that I decided to pursue a game I previously had no interest in. It was because of you that I entered into one of the best games I've ever played. Thank you!

Topic at hand:

I don't really see what the big issue with the ending is. What ELSE could have happened that people would have liked? Shepard kills the reapers bare handed and everyone goes home?

While I would have liked a little more rather than the implied ending with Joker, I don't feel the need to demand a rewrite.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Nasacho View Post
    I do not get it, what game is this...
    It's Mass Effect 3; there's been much controversy over the ending.

OP, I thoroughly enjoyed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

then i guess you haven't gotten as attached to the characters as I and many others have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I don't really see what the big issue with the ending is. What ELSE could have happened that people would have liked? Shepard kills the reapers bare handed and everyone goes home?

While I would have liked a little more rather than the implied ending with Joker, I don't feel the need to demand a rewrite.
    As I've said, I don't really want them to rewrite the endings, but rather give me more clarity and closure when it comes to the ending (which, again, they've said they're doing - leaving the current game intact and adding more content via DLC that will provide more closure and clarity for those who want it (like me)). I just didn't feel like it was an ending that I would expect in the final game of a trilogy. I expected more answers than questions, y'know?
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-03-28 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCharabini View Post
    It's Mass Effect 3; there's been much controversy over the ending.

OP, I thoroughly enjoyed that.
    Yeah, so much controversy that BioWare even decided to make a new one.

Spoiler tags please.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Yeah, so much controversy that BioWare even decided to make a new one.
    BioWare hasn't said anything (yet) about changing the endings. They just "Have a lot more in store for ME3." (roughly quoting most of their tweets)

All i wanted was one final showdown with Harbinger besides being nearly vaporized and I would have been happy with any ending really. Unless in fact the indoctrination theory is right, and it was a showdown in Shepard's head, then I would be much happier. Otherwise, the fact that they have built Harbinger and Shepard's rivalry up so much to just end like that, very disappointing. Also would of loved to see how the universe turns out because of the choices I made, especially the LI's, but not as much as I wanted a fight with Harbinger. CG or actually as Shepard, I wouldn't care.

Am i the only one that wanted to spike the Normandy through his heart? They even hint to it in the Codex in the section under extreme measures to fight Reapers. It said an FTL collision could only be done with an extremely skilled pilot who knew his ship inside and out. Hello, EDI and Joker. Dammit Bioware, I finished the game a week ago and the ending still hurts.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-28 at 11:38 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Just thought that this might make some of you guys laugh a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I don't know what everyone else would have liked, but I would have prefered the Dark Energy plot to have played out, even though it was leaked before the game was finished. It still makes sense, plus it was forshadowed a bit in ME2 talk to Kal'reeger durring Tali's trial. Tali says that it's dark energy making Haestrom's sun go crazy, but that we shoudln't worry about it now.