10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I'm eager to see it, It's Dragon Age. I love Dragon Age.
    Ooh I just picked this one up, and now I'm convinced I'm terrible at video games. lol. I'm dying so much on Normal. Had to turn it to Easy. Too much micromanaging.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't need powerful weapons, you just need the "right" ones. I was once laughed at on vent kicked out of a game because I was doing FBW/G/G on a drell adept with the arc pistol 4 equipped. The last few games I played I never fired a single shot with my drell (reave cluster, duck reave reave reave and soak up assists).
    What are "right" weapons? I have only one or two of the supposedly must-haves and none of the N7s - can't use any on my engineer since I'm spamming Energy Drain. I ended up with just Avenger X (I like Assault Rifles) and I want my cooldown to be 200%.

.... it's like every 5 pages someone asks what weapons to use in MP.
    Don't use the Avenger, ever, on any character. It is the ultimate sign of newb.
    Try to get your N7 ranking to around 150, and I don't think anyone will care about ranking after that.

On Salarian Eng
    Geth Pulse Shotgun/Krysae Sniper/Cerberus Harrier > Valiant/Black Wid/ Falcon > Widow/Phaeston/Revanant/Striker
    People shouldn't kick you if you're using any of those guns.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also there is no need to have two weapons unless you are using say the Geth SMG with ultra light materials. Or I guess any SMG now since I think the bug with ultra light materials was fixed. Most weapons don't require you to actually switch to take on different enemies as that is what your team mates and powers are for.

Some combinations of players might make it so you'll have some benefit for multiple weapons. But more often then not the higher cooldown on powers isn't better then the second weapon. At least when starting out and learning the game. Its why adepts often just carry a pistol and the best and lowest weight one they have.

Any class that has a sniper rifle power modifier I use the Valiant on. I haven't unlocked the kyrase yet but the Valiant perfectly suits my play style. Most people really don't care to much though from my experince at least as long as you stick to FBW/G/G and hold your own and help enough in the match.

I've carreid people that hurt the team a little and didn't feel bad for it. Why? Because we still beat all the waves with full extraction. Heck even as a geth engineer on a full adept team I still managed to get 2nd in points. Gotta love overload turret flamethrower explosions.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-06-18 at 12:46 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It's been a long time since I've been vote kicked and I use one of the weapons Windry considers worst of the worst - the Phaeston. Find a weapon you feel works for you and use it to the best of you abilities. If you're focusing on abilities then one light weapon (no matter what it is) will do you fine. Play around with a bunch of different ones and see what you enjoy using. I've played around with tonnes and until I get the Harrier I keep coming back to the Phaeston. Don't let anyone tell you you're playing the game wrong as long as you've tried out all your options.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    Don't let anyone tell you you're playing the game wrong as long as you've tried out all your options.
    That is silly advice. And I mean it, even though most cases it might be true. Running around and only attacking with melee attacks as a geth engineer in hunter mode is playing the game wrong. It might be fun, you might be able to pull it off on solo gold but it is still playing it wrong. Until that is Bioware adds a knife only mode which would be amusing at least if the enemies still get weapons. Gold might be impossible to kill a banshee with just melee.

I'd say its better to say Don't let anyone stop you from playing the game wrong if you are having fun. But don't expect everyone to accept you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    It's been a long time since I've been vote kicked and I use one of the weapons Windry considers worst of the worst - the Phaeston. Find a weapon you feel works for you and use it to the best of you abilities. If you're focusing on abilities then one light weapon (no matter what it is) will do you fine. Play around with a bunch of different ones and see what you enjoy using. I've played around with tonnes and until I get the Harrier I keep coming back to the Phaeston. Don't let anyone tell you you're playing the game wrong as long as you've tried out all your options.
    Hm? I never said Phaeston was the worse. I said Falcon, Striker, Harrier, Sabre were the top tier, and everything else was bad. Of the bad Riffles though, Phaeston and Revenant are clearly the best.

Avenger and Geth Pulse Riffle are clearly the worse rifles in the game, and people will kick you if you try to bring those guns into gold.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    ...I'd say its better to say Don't let anyone stop you from playing the game wrong if you are having fun. But don't expect everyone to accept you.
    I don't really know why it was even necessary to say all this. We said pretty much the same things except worded differently. Yay, we agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Hm? I never said Phaeston was the worse. I said Falcon, Striker, Harrier, Sabre were the top tier, and everything else was bad. Of the bad Riffles though, Phaeston and Revenant are clearly the best.
    Multiple times now you've grouped all the 'worst' rifles together. My mistake though, you did in fact say the Phaeston was the best of the worst. *eye-roll*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/zUfrD.jpg

No idea what the hell to think of this. O.o
    "I am going to lovingly flay your mind from here."

Is there any news on the DLC for the ending?

I havnt played Me in a while as i just dont have time for it atm as soon as i get home i`m fed up with sitting behind a pc all day at work that i dont do anything then watch some tv or do some other stuff that does not involve a pc. so i have no clue if there is a bit more info regarding that.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Nothing conclusive, but there are more and more hints emerging. Something's gonna happen soon enough.

Just watched Dawn of the Seeker. Animation really is top notch, and it has a good story. A few of the twists were obvious for me while some other few were not. From a mage point of view, yea it does suck that mages rely on wooden sticks instead of spells, and with such great animation the spell effects left me wanting more. From templar point of view, movie is a blast and Cassandra was frikkin awesome!

From a whole another point of view: AMAGAD why Cassandra shows so little skin, I mean we, like, see only partial of her legs right? Damn lol where is the plate-kini and teh sex scene lolzor.

Seriously movie is good. Great even. I'm playing Dragon Age right now. Hopefully ME DLC will have similar effects on me. It would be nice to play the trilogy while being all fired up like this.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    I just found this while playing Mass Effect 1 again...

What am I supposed to think of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skyburn1 View Post

Blow it the fuck up before it takes the form of a glowey starchild.
    Putin khuliyo

I guess our current ending isn't too far from the original idea after all.

I still enjoy the "Oh crap!" moment when that gets revealed. Moreso given that's pretty much how Shepard words his concern.

Also, new bounty goals for this weekends Op Savage are:

Allied Goal: Eliminate 7,000,000 trooper-level enemies: Cerberus Assault Trooper, Husks, Cannibals, Geth Troopers
    Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with the squad using a mix of krogan, vorcha, or batarian classes
    Special Circumstance: None

Given only troops are needed, would this make Bronze the easier difficulty to go with, what with easier kills, less boss and LT spawns as well as the squad goal only needing race requirements, and nothing else?
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

Deleted
    I guess our current ending isn't too far from the original idea after all.
    The reaper actually had a reason for harvesting civilizations in original ending, this time around, we just get... squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose View Post
    Given only troops are needed, would this make Bronze the easier difficulty to go with, what with easier kills, less boss and LT spawns as well as the squad goal only needing race requirements, and nothing else?
    That's what I was thinking as well.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The reaper actually had a reason for harvesting civilizations in original ending, this time around, we just get... squat.
    Well, we don't know if that one was the original-original idea back in 2007 when they made the first game. They didn't start mentioning dark energy until ME2.

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose View Post
    Squad Goal: Extraction on any difficulty with the squad using a mix of krogan, vorcha, or batarian classes
    Hm... so, we could solo bronze on a krogan, vorcha, or batarian and achieve the Squad goal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Hm... so, we could solo bronze on a krogan, vorcha, or batarian and achieve the Squad goal?
    I'm thinking we should just play it safe and find people with the other races that qualify.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Yes. The entire squad must be made up of only krogan, vorcha, or batarian. If there is only one person in the squad that qualifies as the entire squad. Full extraction also isn't required just extraction. But that requires a non-solo match in order to be of use.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 03:36 PM ----------

Well, we don't know if that one was the original-original idea back in 2007 when they made the first game. They didn't start mentioning dark energy until ME2.
    And we still don't know if that was a reason for the Reapers or not. Just because it isn't mentioned like a leak claims doesn't mean it wasn't a reason. The Catalyst didn't reveal everything. We could learn in a DLC that Dark Matter is a real threat and how it is impacted by Galactic Civilization. There are lots of things in the Mass Effect Universe that aren't explored but that doesn't mean all of those things are no longer true.