15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    But its the female quarian thats awesome.
    Sabotaging Geth Primes and Atlases to make them kill their friends, tossing sentry turrets to mow down troopers and causing mayham on the battlefield.
    Not to mention it got Talis hips.
    I see you are using character as gender/race instead of how I use it as class/type. Though it would still be your Quarian engineer approving rather then infiltrator since the infiltrator had no changes other then the viper sniper rifle.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    I rather use Race/class.

If i replace "quarian infiltrator" with "female quarian engineer" this will all make sense, and i should read what i write.

I think I'll play through from ME1 again. Male this time. Why not. I did infiltrator every game last time, maybe I'll do something biotic this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I think I'll play through from ME1 again. Male this time. Why not. I did infiltrator every game last time, maybe I'll do something biotic this time.
    Adept is good times. ESPECIALLY in 2-3. Still fun in 1, but definitely improves in 2 and 3. Shadow Broker ship is good times, throwing troops over the edge, and Shockwave in the derelict Reaper is awesome against all those husks. I found Adept a bit difficult in 3 though, due to no real ability to get past shields (so I guess be smart about your teammates . . . or does Warp work against shields?) but it's still a fun class.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-06-22 at 12:32 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Adept is good times. ESPECIALLY in 2-3. Still fun in 1, but definitely improves in 2 and 3. Shadow Broker ship is good times, throwing troops over the edge, and Shockwave in the derelict Reaper is awesome against all those husks. I found Adept a bit difficult in 3 though, due to no real ability to get past shields (so I guess be smart about your teammates . . . or does Warp work against shields?) but it's still a fun class.
    Are biotic classes decent in 2? I only played a soldier and sentinel and it seems to me biotic classes get screwed over in 2 due to it not working on protections. Everyone has protections, even bloody husks, and by the time you strip them you're much faster either gunning them down or letting your teammates gun them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Are biotic classes decent in 2? I only played a soldier and sentinel and it seems to me biotic classes get screwed over in 2 due to it not working on protections. Everyone has protections, even bloody husks, and by the time you strip them you're much faster either gunning them down or letting your teammates gun them down.
    Biotic classes are awesome in 2. I remember the first time I tried Vanguard... Biotic Charge was super addicting. You just have to make use of your biotic explosions.

I think Adepts are boring in ME2. They're effective, but boring. I felt like I spent the whole game behind cover, cast a spell... wait behind cover again. For me... even if I'm in cover the whole fight, shooting is still infinitely more fun for me than casting spell, and waiting for cd.

SMG and Pistol were just really bad in ME2... so I felt like enjoying ME2 required me to pick a class that could use sniper/shotgun/rifle.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the only time I liked pistols in ME was the first one. Dont really like 'em in the 2nd one, dont really like em in the 3rd one.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I think Adepts are boring in ME2. They're effective, but boring. I felt like I spent the whole game behind cover, cast a spell... wait behind cover again. For me... even if I'm in cover the whole fight, shooting is still infinitely more fun for me than casting spell, and waiting for cd.

SMG and Pistol were just really bad in ME2... so I felt like enjoying ME2 required me to pick a class that could use sniper/shotgun/rifle.
    Question. Why in the WORLD would you wait behind cover for a cooldown after using a biotic power? You were doing it wrong if that's how you were playing. No wonder you didn't like it. If Adepts were meant only to use their powers, they wouldn't be able to carry guns. >_<

I've always seen Adepts as using their powers to enhance their weapons. I shoot while my powers are on cooldown. The only time I'm in cover is if my barrier needs to recover or I'm ejecting a thermal clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Question. Why in the WORLD would you wait behind cover for a cooldown after using a biotic power? You were doing it wrong if that's how you were playing. No wonder you didn't like it. If Adepts were meant only to use their powers, they wouldn't be able to carry guns. >_<

I've always seen Adepts as using their powers to enhance their weapons. I shoot while my powers are on cooldown. The only time I'm in cover is if my barrier needs to recover or I'm ejecting a thermal clip.
    Iono, I was just playing on insanity, and the SMG and Pistol seemed to do no damage. Trying to shoot and cast spells, I'd be constantly run out of ammo and then just waiting to kill them with spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Iono, I was just playing on insanity, and the SMG and Pistol seemed to do no damage. Trying to shoot and cast spells, I'd be constantly run out of ammo and then just waiting to kill them with spells.
    Were you like, not using your squad mates? O.o I played an Adept on Insanity too and my powers combined with that of my squad tore through everything, and I never even came close to running out of ammo.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you don't like SMGs, if you can bear with it until the Collector Ship mission, you can train to use assault rifles (or sniper rifles or shotguns.)

In ME3, you can carry an assault rifle, but it affects your cooldown time. With an SMG and a pistol, I was rolling out Biotic Explosions so often, didn't really need to shoot much, except to bring down shields perhaps.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    And if you don't like SMGs, if you can bear with it until the Collector Ship mission, you can train to use assault rifles (or sniper rifles or shotguns.)

In ME3, you can carry an assault rifle, but it affects your cooldown time. With an SMG and a pistol, I was rolling out Biotic Explosions so often, didn't really need to shoot much, except to bring down shields perhaps.
    Thing is, Capacity upgrade skills also yield power damage in ME 3. If you level that up first, you can run off with an Assault rifle from get go. I had 1.5 seconds cooldown on my throw (200%) with a weapon on all slots. (Mantis, Phalanx, Tempest, Eviscerator and Vindicator.) All rank X ofcourse. But as you can see, all are relatively cheap weapons to upgrade, and all of them kick quite the punch. Mantis did headshot kills on guardians, Eviscerator ripped husks to shreds, Tempest decimated any shields, and Vindicator tore down armor. Had Phalanx just for switching to sidearm instead of reloading.

Sentinel, LVL 60. Up until I can carry them all, I left shotgun and pistol behind. (Used Revenant, or Pheaston, Scimitar and such) Sniper rifle is just too important to pass up in singleplayer especially on insanity, subs are good for shields and an AR is always a good all arounder.

With Liara and Throw, I was sick of biotic explosions in 15 minutes. (I mean come on, everything my team touched exploded.) It was so much better to get Javik and make Dark Channel bounce around with explosions. Throw with extra explosion talent makes things too easy.

For ME 2, as long as you level warp first on you and Miranda, you are good to go on insanity. 1 shotting armor and barriers, and then SMG can do the rest.

Adept with Jack in squad or with bonus Warp Ammo. Damn now that's a hard hitting weapon user. Singularity and then pew pew their asses.

Actually hold up.

You need Kasumi's DLC for having more options. Locust lacks to oomph against shields, but it deals with armor and barriers just like an AR. So you don't really need AR in ME 2 for Biotic and Tech. (Otherwise AR is a clear upgrade to deal with defenses.)

Haven't really tried to be an Adept with a Sniper Rifle yet since I like Mattock and Vindicator a lot. Adding Collector Assault Rifle to my collection made me go for AR's even more.

Everything is fine as long as you don't have much trouble dealing with the GOD DAMN SAVE THAT QUARIAN FROM THOSE ASSHOLE VARRENS WHO JUST RUN PAST YOU WHILE YOU ARE SHOOTING THEM TO BITE THE QUARIAN'S ASS! FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, Capacity upgrade skills also yield power damage in ME 3.
    O.o

Learn something new every day. Not sure how I missed that.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Everything is fine as long as you don't have much trouble dealing with the GOD DAMN SAVE THAT QUARIAN FROM THOSE ASSHOLE VARRENS WHO JUST RUN PAST YOU WHILE YOU ARE SHOOTING THEM TO BITE THE QUARIAN'S ASS! FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good times good times...

You cant do anything but spam shockwaves in 360 degrees if you want to complete it on insanity.

Adept was a BAMF in ME2, not so much in ME3 sadly.

Allright seems I've been hitting the MP more than I do SP. Actually, weight upgrade gives power damage in MP. It is just weight upgrade in SP. However, the other choice is squadmate weapon and power damage. Since they are always limited to 45% + bonuses, you are to choose between significant power cooldown bonus for yourself or small damage upgrade for your squad.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still always 3rd or 4th in MP, lol. I know the final score is really not a helpful indicator, but still, it's a bummer looking at it and seeing my 40k vs other's 60k or sometimes 100k+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Allright seems I've been hitting the MP more than I do SP. Actually, weight upgrade gives power damage in MP. It is just weight upgrade in SP.
    It does? O.o Huh, learn something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Also:

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 07:50 PM ----------

Ending chart:

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 07:55 PM ----------

Possible walkthrough of the chart at SDCC: https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...20298427633664

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    UGHHHHH!! I'm going away for two weeks that morning.