Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    A lot of the actors have been dropping hints that they're recording new lines (I think it started with a tweet from Raphael saying he was working on ME3 stuff again, with a picture of a recording booth microphone) and went on from there, so there was a lot of indications that they were hard at work. And earlier I guess one of the devs mentioned they were in crunch time so I figured it'd be coming out sooner rather than later.
    Nice to hear they've been working on it so much. I am still surprised they're getting it out this soon. Surprised, but happy, too. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    Kind of surprised the extended cut is coming out so soon. I was expecting sometime in August, honestly. Then again I haven't been paying attention to ME news so maybe they said something about its release and I didn't know. Also kind of surprised at the size of it. Nearly 2 gigs. Pretty sure that's bigger than the Shadowbroker DLC from ME2 was.
    It is. One of the devs posted about an hour ago that it's a sizable chunk bigger.

The Starchild felt like a massive slap in the face to me. Go through the game only to have this holographic shiny putz telling you "Do this, this, or this, but don't expect explanations of what happens, why you have to do it, or how it's possible to do it, because fuck you that's why."
    Which wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as if they at least explained it to you, gave you a chance to argue the point or let you investigate in any way shape or form. The star child is the same revelation you get from Vigil on Ilos but without any of the deeper understanding.

Deleted
    So Operation Savage is live and I tried out solo Bronze as a Vorcha Sentinel..

Succes!

Wasn't too bad in the end, even though the game tried to be cute and gave 2x download and a retrieve mission at wave 10.

Also kind of surprised at the size of it. Nearly 2 gigs. Pretty sure that's bigger than the Shadowbroker DLC from ME2 was.
    Would you believe that cinematics/cutscenes take up more hard drive space than gameplay.

Deleted
    Kind of surprised the extended cut is coming out so soon. I was expecting sometime in August, honestly. Then again I haven't been paying attention to ME news so maybe they said something about its release and I didn't know. Also kind of surprised at the size of it. Nearly 2 gigs. Pretty sure that's bigger than the Shadowbroker DLC from ME2 was.
    The sad part is that they were forced to limit the extended cut to 2 gig because of the xbox download limit.
    Screw you xbox, we could have gotten an even bigger EC if you werent such a cunt!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, dumb question, but do you get the squad thing every time you meet the criteria, or just once?

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    So, dumb question, but do you get the squad thing every time you meet the criteria, or just once?
    Just once, and they'll be rewarded next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. We'll also receive the Victory Packs then for the allied goal if we meet the criteria during the event.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 01:17 PM ----------

I never realized how stunning Samara's eyes are until now. :O I want her eyes in real life!

Guys, we've reached 400 pages!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Guys, we've reached 400 pages!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Psh. I'll start flippin' tables when we reach over 9,000 posts. Just over 1,000 more to go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Posting this here because it is mostly related to Mass Effect 3.

Social.Bioware has some new rules I just noticed ie been 30 days since I last logged in.

UPDATED (JUNE 2, 2012) Important update to site rules & code of conduct :

Effective immediately we have made a number of changes to the Mass Effect 3 forums and BSN in general. These changes are:

Any new account created after March 1, 2012 will wait 24 hours to be able to post. Some forums will also require game registration to be able to post. Please see the forums descriptions for requirements to post in that forum.

The Mass Effect 3 General Discussion forum will require Mass Effect 3 Game Registration to be able to post. If you are having trouble registering your game, contact an EA Game Advisor for assistance.

Any discussion of Story related content, including the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut DLC content, must be done in the appropriate Storyline Discussion forum. Threads discussing it outside of Story Discussion forums will be closed or moved to the correct forum. Repeated attempts to discuss Story content outside the Storyline Discussion forums will result in banning.
    So it seems they want to move all the threads about the bad ending to the Story Discussion forum, on the out side this does make sense but it seems to me maybe they are trying to limit how people complain about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    So it seems they want to move all the threads about the bad ending to the Story Discussion forum, on the out side this does make sense but it seems to me maybe they are trying to limit how people complain about the game.
    That may be more to stop spoilers. The BSN actually has spoiler and non spoiler forums. That doesn't actually STOP the discussion or the complaints as they say they will close or move threads to the appropriate section. The same thing the mods do on this forum.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-06-22 at 11:30 PM.

Am I the only one that wishes we had the MP guns in SP too? I've become addicted to the Reegar Carbine, and I miss it ever so terribly when I'm playing SP. XD

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 01:42 PM ----------

Steve: The next time you blow up a monastery, let me know you've left the premises, okay? My heart stopped until I heard your voice on the comm again.

James: Hey, what about me, Esteban?! I was there, too!

Steve: I assumed your legs run off as much as your mouth does. No explosion could catch you, Mr. Vega!

I lol'd. Hadn't heard that little exchange before now. XD The banter between Steve and James is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that wishes we had the MP guns in SP too? I've become addicted to the Reegar Carbine, and I miss it ever so terribly when I'm playing SP. XD
    amg YES. I just found a Krysae in one of the packs, and I'm in love with it. I wish the packs would stop giving me shotguns though. >.< I want some OP guns too dammit!

On a related note, I'm so proud of myself, I actually managed to finish Bronze for the squad thing! THere's no indication that the goal is fulfilled though... should I just have faith and wait for Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    On a related note, I'm so proud of myself, I actually managed to finish Bronze for the squad thing! THere's no indication that the goal is fulfilled though... should I just have faith and wait for Tuesday?
    So long as you had the "Provide Online Feedback" option enabled (or the host of the room did if you didn't host it) you should be good. Couldn't hurt to do more than one, though, just to be certain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Starchild just rapes the whole ME lore for me, it left me so jaded.
    The Cataclyst was referenced back in ME1. One of the planet descriptions refrenced legends of a "Being of Light" protect organics from machines. Just because they never explained it before doesn't mean it rapes the lore. It is just lore that they haven't touched upon. Some stuff just doesn't get explained because it doesn't fit. Maybe we visit klencory in a DLC. Maybe in ME4 it goes into who and what the Catalyst really is. And the next saga for Mass Effect is not the ending but the start of the Reaper story.

Klencory is famously claimed by the eccentric volus billionaire Kumun Shol. He claims that a vision of a higher being told him to seek on Klencory the "lost crypts of beings of light." These entities were supposedly created at the dawn of time to protect organic life from synthetic "machine devils."
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Klencory

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Which wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as if they at least explained it to you, gave you a chance to argue the point or let you investigate in any way shape or form. The star child is the same revelation you get from Vigil on Ilos but without any of the deeper understanding.
    To much time and the whole reapers trying to destroy the crucible goes down the drains. If you take to long to make a choice you can still get a "Mission Failure". Besides its not like the Catalyst is some one that has to sit their and explain things. He isn't avina after all, though she would have made a great catalyst in the end.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    The Story forum is the one that allows for spoiler talk. The rest don't though the technical forums allow it to a limited degree so issues can be discussed. This is just adding the extended cut DLC content to the list but any discussion of story content was already supposed to be in the story forum. You can still discuss the bad pre-DLC endings in the general forums.

You just can't talk about the story content.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 08:26 PM ----------

While it isn't really a big deal, the problem is that the game would be to easy. Some Multiplayer weapons would make even higher difficulties way to easy
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    While it isn't really a big deal, the problem is that the game would be to easy. Some Multiplayer weapons would make even higher difficulties way to easy
    I'm not sure how their weapon stats work internally but they could most likely tweak the stats for SP so they're more in line with other single player weapons but with the same mechanics. Besides, the game is ALREADY super easy, even on Insanity, so I don't really see your point. Only a couple enemies give any sort of trouble at all. Throughout my last Insanity playthrough I died 6 or 7 times, and a good 4 or 5 of those were because I was caught loading in to a spot with three Ravagers and two Harvesters roflstomping me before I could even get to cover. If this game is any semblance of difficult to you even on the highest difficulty, you're doing something wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    If this game is any semblance of difficult to you even on the highest difficulty, you're doing something wrong.
    How easy someone finds the game has no bearing on a weapon making higher difficulties trivial. It would be like giving everyone unlimited rockets in single player. Makes the content trivial even if you personally don't find the content to be hard to begin with. And some of the multiplayer weapons are very close to "unlimited rockets" as it is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How easy someone finds the game has no bearing on a weapon making higher difficulties trivial. It would be like giving everyone unlimited rockets in single player. Makes the content trivial even if you personally don't find the content to be hard to begin with. And some of the multiplayer weapons are very close to "unlimited rockets" as it is.
    Again they could more than likely tweak the SP values of the weapons to be more suitable to SP. The triviality of the difficulty is moot anyway. If you don't want the stronger weapons, then don't use them. And don't give me that "If the weapons are available people will always use them" nonsense, either, as that's no justification to not put the option there. They let you choose your weapons. If you choose the strongest ones, that's on you. I've run through the game with nothing but an Avenger I and Predator I because I wanted weak weapons. Hell, they could probably put an unlock condition on it that you can only unlock them on a NG+ even, so you could only get those weapons after having completed the game once.

Honestly my first time through the game I didn't know weapons could be upgraded. Didn't make the game that much harder. :P