it's incredible how a sloppy ending can ruin a great series...

just finished reading a manga that has like 360 chapters with a great story and characters and the last chapter just felt as a big slap to my face as me3 ending.

basicly long story short, the main hero who wants to be the greatest mage just like his father was and who is also searching for his father, goes to teach at a school as part of his training being his classroom only of girls (some of wich during the story fall in love with the guy), his classroom gradualy become his companions while he searches for his father and after the group prevents a huge disaster, the author does a 7 year jump wich is fine by me since it would maybe alow for more adventure and the hero finding out his father and becoming the great mage and finding out wich one of the girls he realy likes(this hapens during the last 2 chapters), but then in the last chapter the author just shows that the guy already found his father no questions asked and the guy aparently is already the great mage (at this point i didnt think the ending was in that chapter so i'm goin ok maybe we get some backstory on how it went down so i keep reading) and i get some background on what the girls of the cassroom have been doin for the last 7 years but you still dont know who the main guy likes or how the found his father and how he became a great mage and the author just puts a the end right there at that point.

seriously biggest slap in the face since i finished me3.....
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    I dont quite see how you can lose faith in Bioware over this.
    ME3 IS a great game, and apparently the ending was on the decision of Casey who just kicked out everyone and decided to go solo. Its he who have to prove he can still work.
    I was pissed over the ending like everyone else and demanded EC, but i didnt lose faith in them.
    Hell i just bought ME1, DA:O and Shadow Broker.

Bioware makes good games, and they have ever since Jade Empire and Baldurs gate and they will continue to.
    Spacechild was only a setback.

@tnpm let me guess, Negima?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-25 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I dont quite see how you can lose faith in Bioware over this.
    People are fickle.

Bioware makes good games, and they have ever since Jade Empire and Baldurs gate and they will continue to.
    Spacechild was only a setback.

@tnpm let me guess, Negima?
    bullseye....spent this weekend from start to finish and was not expecting that sort of ending

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    bullseye....spent this weekend from start to finish and was not expecting that sort of ending
    Harem manga usually ends with an open ending.
    I think Tenchi Muyo was the first harem, not sure, with Urusei Yatsura as the predecessor to the harem genre.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-25 at 10:08 AM.

but that was as open as you can get though.... i dont mind not finding out about whom he likes and such but the part regarding his father and such was utter nonsense...

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the so-called "fanbase" can't stand 10 minutes of bad in an excellent game. Even with the promise of developing further on it, and all the other free DLC.

By the way, if you guys ever need an Adept or Infiltrator, feel free to call me. Origin ID is Derort.
    I won't host, since I'm BR and I'd just lag you all, but I don't mind the lag, and, I can't really believe this myself either, but I snipe better when I have 200+ ms of lag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skyburn1 View Post
    I guess the so-called "fanbase" can't stand 10 minutes of bad in an excellent game. Even with the promise of developing further on it, and all the other free DLC.
    Why does that remind me of the WoW playerbase?

Why does that remind me of the WoW playerbase?
    It's a mirror of pretty much every game's "fan"base these days.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 12:58 PM ----------

Also, good news for Europeans. I asked Tully Ackland on Twitter when the estimated EU time of release is for the EC. He figures it's around 5PM British time since that's when Origin usually does it's thing.

The problem is it's the ones like that that tend to be the loudest.

Then, there's people like me. Dissatisfied with the ending, and I let BioWare know as much, but I still enjoy the rest game enough that I spend more time playing it than I do bitching about the ending.

Oh, and he's one of the community coordinators at Bioware in case someone didn't know.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 01:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    The problem is it's the ones like that that tend to be the loudest.

Then, there's people like me. Dissatisfied with the ending, and I let BioWare know as much, but I still enjoy the rest game enough that I spend more time playing it than I do bitching about the ending.
    It's rather funny actually. There was some guy posting on BSN yesterday (or the day before), on how he's had mental problems in the past and how the endings made them flare up again. If that's the case, why the fuck do you spend 4 months dwelling on said ending?

Deleted
    Welcome to the entitlement generation?

The internet is a vast mountain of dung, with nuggets of gold buried here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    Welcome to the entitlement generation?

The internet is a vast mountain of dung, with nuggets of gold buried here and there.
    I had better but one of those gold nuggets, or I don't like you very much. D:

Aaaand the Bioware voting thread has turned into a miniature of BSN.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 01:06 PM ----------

BullShit Network. Not because of the people who run it, but because of the people who inhabit it.

Deleted
    Its sad, because theres more bullshit there than the "asshole of the internet".

Well, they said that there would be a conclusive ending where your choices throughout the game mattered and thats what (most of us) paid for so its not selfentitlement.

I do wonder, how on the Citadel would the endings make mental problems flare up?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-25 at 11:13 AM.

I was bored so I made a new signature and avatar set, this time featuring FemShep. Can you tell I like the light blue/purple color combo? lol

Its sad, because theres more bullshit there than the "asshole of the internet".

Well, they said that there would be a conclusive ending where your choices throughout the game mattered and thats what (most of us) paid for so its not selfentitlement.

I do wonder, how on the Citadel would the endings make mental problems flare up?
    And your choices do matter throughout the game. You shape the course of an entire galaxy for thousands of years to come. Just because you don't see a geth prime on Earth in the final battle doesn't mean they're not there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And your choices do matter throughout the game. You shape the course of an entire galaxy for thousands of years to come. Just because you don't see a geth prime on Earth in the final battle doesn't mean they're not there.
    By that logic they could have just released multiplayer and said "make the rest up yourselves, btw buy packs".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Speculation does not equal effective outcome.

Speculation does not equal effective outcome.
    We know the results of every choice we make in the game, whether we're shown it or not. The only exception being the choice at the very end. Which will no doubt be the focus point of ME4.

Yes, it's coming. In one shape or another. "People wouldn't act like this if they knew what was coming". Some may say that's hot air. But then I ask those of you who do, do you honest-to-God think that Bioware (and EA for that matter) would let something like the Mass Effect universe just end the way it has? Not when there's so much potential yet to be realized from it.

I for one am patient. It is said to be a virtue after all. I know I'll get my answers one day. Until then, I will enjoy the hell out of what I have.