i cant believe wrex is getting more action than some of us... also i kinda want to see the size of the window of his bathroom...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, the hamster's cage had me in tears. I loved the way FemShep was like "Oh-ho-ho, that is NOT OKAY!!"

I can't imagine the fun Mark Meer and Jennifer Hale had doing the recordings for this thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrex being Wrex

Wrex being Wrex again

And yeah, Hale and Meer had to have had fun being both the protagonist and the villain.
    Putin khuliyo

Still can't believe that someone has more than 30k N7 levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG I have fan emails lol

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 06:49 PM ----------

Okay totally addicted to the Armax Arsenal matches.
    Putin khuliyo

i almost shat myself in the error match when it spawned a posessed preatorian with a banshee 2 primes and a tank but then i remembered my lift grenades blew stuff out of the park so it was cake
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    More PPR, still no Lancer

10+ Year Old Account
    What do Glyph and the 11th Doctor have in common?

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 09:23 PM ----------

So I had my doubts, because LotSB was f**king amazing, but yes, this was THE BEST DLC ever.

For any game.

I have never ever before had to pause combat in a video game because I was laughing too hard.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 11:18 PM ----------

Honestly, Grunt turning people away at the door, Grunt getting in trouble escaping the hospital, Javik and Wrex having a shooting contest in the bar, Garrus mocking Shepard when she danced, Wrex calling himself "Uncle Urdnot," Glyph wearing a bowtie, Joker complaining about being bait, the mercenaries complaining about not having a Krogan or siding with the wrong Shepard, CloneShep, Wrex happy to be fighting in the CIC, Wrex upset about the thousands of women trying to have sex with him, the space hamster, the data pad left behind by Mordin Solus, breaking into the normandy with a toothbrush, Kasumi going through Shepard's underwear, and even the more serious moments like the memorial service for Thane Krios, all of that and whatever I might have missed, made this DLC the best DLC ever.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-03-08 at 02:24 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    So I've totally been ignoring everything written in this thread because I don't want Citadel ruined for me. Been working on my ME1 playthru of a new shep. Just finished. Man, that ending. I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking "OMG BIOWARE HOW DARE YOU KILL SHEPARD LIKE THAT?" and then "OMG SHEPARD, YOU CRAZY M-FER!" Ah, what a good game. Even though the mako (I still love you, but you are a test in patience) and planet exploration make the game harder to play through again, for me at least.

Now on to ME2! Hopefully it will be easier, and quicker to get through so I can move onto 3 to play through all the DLC! \o/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    So I've totally been ignoring everything written in this thread because I don't want Citadel ruined for me. Been working on my ME1 playthru of a new shep. Just finished. Man, that ending. I remember seeing it for the first time and thinking "OMG BIOWARE HOW DARE YOU KILL SHEPARD LIKE THAT?" and then "OMG SHEPARD, YOU CRAZY M-FER!" Ah, what a good game. Even though the mako (I still love you, but you are a test in patience) and planet exploration make the game harder to play through again, for me at least.

Now on to ME2! Hopefully it will be easier, and quicker to get through so I can move onto 3 to play through all the DLC! \o/
    Test in patience? Ha! ME2 quicker than ME1? Ha! The mining of all planets alone takes 10 hours (Yes, I mined all).
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Test in patience? Ha! ME2 quicker than ME1? Ha! The mining of all planets alone takes 10 hours (Yes, I mined all).
    I was actually crazy enough to fully mine every single planet in the whole game for my trilogy playthrough with maximum war assets (my canon shepard).

I ended up with sooo much minerals and it was just sick to do it. I still don´t know why I did it but probably because I read somewhere that you need every planet mined to get the maximum Mineral war assets (the one with either 10, 25 or 100 value) in ME3.

BTW: If you only do the main missions in ME1 it takes you maybe 3 hours to go from Eden Prime to the final Battle on the Citadel (completely ignoring everything). ME2 is definitely more time consuming if you only do the needed missions because you need to do those required recruitment missions to unlock Horizon, the Collector ship and the Reaper. ME3 took me 4 hours from start to finish with only the main missions and nothing else.

If you do a 100% playthrough then I would say that ME2 is the game that takes you the longest to complete because of the DLCs and the side missions and planet scanning. ME1 would be almost as long and ME3 the shortest because there aren´t that much side missions than in the previous games.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-03-08 at 08:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very true. And the scanning in ME3 is also a lot friendlier. I scanned everything, much like I explored every planet in the Mako because that's just who I am; I start something, I wanna finish it. I remember saying to myself: Oke, you're going to scan a crapload of planets today and tomorrow you'll actually play Mass Effect 2 again. Put on a tv show on my laptop, and moved my mouse like a mindless zombie on my computer. Shame I only thought of that when more than half of the planets had already been scanned the "full attention" way.

Until a year ago, I was unable to quit a tv show. I started it, so I wanna finish it, just in case something happens that I really like. This way, I watched Ringer while litterally hating it. I wasn't gonna do that again, so I am now able to quit tv shows. It's still difficult though and annoying. There are actually a few tv shows now that I don't really enjoy anymore, but because I've been watching them so long, I can't quit yet. It almost sounds as if I have too much respect for them to just stop watching them...
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    On the prizegrab game, the orange sphere moves only to an adjacent area. It also has to flash up twice in any given spot before it can move.

Camp a spot next to it's current location, and sooner or later you'll be right, it can't move diagonally just horizontal/vertical. I swept all the prizes out of there quickly after figuring that out.

Relay defence however, that top score eludes me...
    That really helped a lot to be honest. If you know that the orange sphere only moves horizontal and vertical then you can easily grab your prizes.

I also have to say that Relay defense is pretty hard and I still have not managed to get even near that top-score. Shattered Eezo is fun and not that hard (still not top score tho´) but Relay defense is damn hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Mechs against the law? What are you on? Mechs are not allowed on Citadel the same way guns may not be allowed in a presidium area. Has nothing to do with the guns being illegal.
    If something isn't allowed that means it is against the rules. Which means it is illegal. If guns are not allowed on the presidium then they are illegal on the presidium.

Joker's mech wasn't checked. Means his lie about it wasn't challenged. Not the lie about his need of a mech. A simple check would've revealed that Eva Core's body is not a simple mech. EDI wasn't smuggled - she is always on the Normandy
    Lying to get something into a place they normally wouldn't be allowed is an act of smuggling. EDI always being on the Normandy is irrelevant to her being smuggled or not. She was smuggled onto the citadel through Jokers lie. This is all related to smuggling weapons because it shows that Security in the Mass Effect Universe is not foolproof. That people can and often do smuggle objects, things, people and whatever else past security. EDI was brought up not to show example of smuggling taking place.

The same - none. You use them with your hands.
    Again you are ignoring the fact that it is about technology that is required to MAKE an item. Not to use.
    It is not the same. To use an omni-tool sword you are required to have an omni tool. To use an metal sword you are only required to have a metal sword. An item being high tech or not has nothing to do with creating the item being high tech or not. I've never talked about the processes to make a weapon, so I don't know why you insist on using that as the comparison point.

However lets say all things created with technology are high tech. That means everything created in the Mass effect Universe is high tech because it uses some form of technology. Which also means that using the weapons isn't an indication of pre or post war era because they are just as high tech as omni tools. You can't have it both ways either their low tech weapons indicate that they are in an era where omni-tools don't exist or they are using high tech weapons which means omni-tools would also exist. (Since none of the endings actually destroy omni-tools its a bit silly to even claim post war era anyways).

I didn't say anything about "proof". I have no urge to prove here anything. I'm saying you are making lots of assumptions to PROVE me wrong. All I said is that absence of omni-tools may mean that it is either pre-omni tool era or post-war. This is in accordance of my assumption that they will not be making a comics in ME1-3 era. I didn't say that "no omni-tools" proves it.
    And there's already one new fact is known that explains "no omni-tools" for a woman in the picture - she's a slave. This is one thing even you with your vivid imagination haven't thought of.
    She is not a slave and the comics take place in the mass effect 1-3 era. I've never tried to prove you wrong. All I said was that the lack of omni-tools does not mean a pre or post war era. This whole discussion has been about you trying to point out how I am wrong in saying that it could be during the mass effect 1-3 era.

More assumptions. You are assuming they are both biotics. And the question of melee weapons still remains, if they are biotics - why are they engaging in melee combat with melee weapons?it's even proven wrong already by comics page. She is not a biotic.
    The same reason why Biotics in Mass Effect 3 can use melee attacks? Just because you are a biotic doesn't mean you can only ever use biotic attacks. It is one possible reason for why melee weapons does not mean it is pre or post war era. The one page released from the comic does not state she is not a biotic.

More assumptions.
    Yeah with imagination one can come up with millions of assumptions. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Turn off imagination. I wasn't imagining anything when I said what I said about possible eras. You were to prove me wrong. I don't even know why you have to prove me wrong - we could all just wait and see. Nothing you say can prove me wrong at this moment - because you are using your imagination instead of facts.
    If you weren't imaging to come up with your statement can you prove that it is a post or pre war era? Everything I have said has proven you wrong even though you dismiss me as assumptions. Because everything I have said is based on facts of the game and how people in the "War era" use melee and low tech options all of the time.

You haven't provided any facts to back up that it has to be post or pre war era and can not be during-war era.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-03-08 at 10:08 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If something isn't allowed that means it is against the rules. Which means it is illegal. If guns are not allowed on the presidium then they are illegal on the presidium.
    Not allowed != illegal. If you are found with a weapon in presidium - you would be asked to relinquish it to the C-sec or leave - or show authorization to keep it. You wouldn't get arrested. Because it's not illegal to have a weapon it's just not allowed to bring it to the presidium.

Lying to get something into a place they normally wouldn't be allowed is an act of smuggling. EDI always being on the Normandy is irrelevant to her being smuggled or not. She was smuggled onto the citadel through Jokers lie. This is all related to smuggling weapons because it shows that Security in the Mass Effect Universe is not foolproof. That people can and often do smuggle objects, things, people and whatever else past security. EDI was brought up not to show example of smuggling taking place.
    Fuck, you really forgot what this argument is all about, right?
    Now tell me can Joker smuggle a combat knife or gauntlet blades, by showing it to the security and claiming it's a medical device required for dealing with his syndrome? Smuggler my ass.

It is not the same. To use an omni-tool sword you are required to have an omni tool. To use an metal sword you are only required to have a metal sword. An item being high tech or not has nothing to do with creating the item being high tech or not. I've never talked about the processes to make a weapon, so I don't know why you insist on using that as the comparison point.
    You are that willing to keep it ignorant?
    1. Processes to make a weapon is what DEFINES weapons as HIGH or LOW tech.
    2. Comparing a part of a item to a whole item - is a logical fallacy. If you are talking about the blade omni-tool fabricates - compare it to the MM edge of the MM sword. You need a MM sword to use that MM edge. You cannot use the edge itself - you will cut your fingers off that way.
    However lets say all things created with technology are high tech.
    Not all thing created with technology are high tech. Do you even read? Low tech items are created with technology - crazy, right?
    If it takes HIGH TECH - as in CUTTING EDGE technology - to created the item - that item is HIGH tech.

She is not a slave and the comics take place in the mass effect 1-3 era. I've never tried to prove you wrong. All I said was that the lack of omni-tools does not mean a pre or post war era. This whole discussion has been about you trying to point out how I am wrong in saying that it could be during the mass effect 1-3 era.
    Ok let's recap the beginning of this charade of a discussion:
    me: P.S. also knives. It's either a pre omni-tool era, or omni-tools are not working yet in the future era or very rare
    you to me: Or they just use real metal objects. Much like the Cabal and Phantom use actual metal objects rather then omni-tools.
    you to IM: It could be a prison fight, a organized fight, test of skill/ego, omni-tools could have been confiscated or any other reason why someone would use a "real" weapon over an omni one.

All I have argued since that is your assumptions:
    1. Calling MM blades - "metal objects" - which is wrong in so many contexts, but one - discussing the material the blade is made of. In this context omni-tool is just a plastic/platinum/EZ/whatever else material object. Oh and omni-blade itself is just a ceramic object - like a vase. Here you are implementing a logical fallacy. You reduced High Tech MM sword to metal object and compared it to a simple combat knife which is a lot closer to metal object, though isn't either. An iron rod is a metal object.
    2. You invented a lot of reasons for why they don't have omni-tools. I on the other hand didn't invent anything at all, 'cept the assumption that they won't do an ME1-3 era comics. You tried to prove to me that it will be a ME1-3 era comics. I didn't try to prove otherwise ( Read again all the posts in this discussion - you won't find any in which I try to prove that it takes place in one of the two eras I proposed it takes place in.) - I only commented to say how ridiculous your assumptions are. Like this: "You said they might have been confiscated, then why knives are not?" And this: "Those do not look like shanks, shivs, etc. Couldn't be made in the area. Area is in space. To make those you need at least a forge, an anvil and a smithing tools - which themselves could be used as weapons." And a lot of other ways.

But feel free to accuse me on the thing you are doing.
    The same reason why Biotics in Mass Effect 3 can use melee attacks? Just because you are a biotic doesn't mean you can only ever use biotic attacks. It is one possible reason for why melee weapons does not mean it is pre or post war era. The one page released from the comic does not state she is not a biotic.
    Ah so you are equating a melee attack to melee weapon? You should definitely write a book on Logic. It will be a bestseller.

If you weren't imaging to come up with your statement can you prove that it is a post or pre war era? Everything I have said has proven you wrong even though you dismiss me as assumptions. Because everything I have said is based on facts of the game and how people in the "War era" use melee and low tech options all of the time.
    I can't prove anything and I didn't even try to. Everything you said was a bunch of illogical assumptions full of ignorance - which I pointed out.
    You haven't provided any facts to back up that it has to be post or pre war era and can not be during-war era.
    I pointed out absence of omni-tools - you know, those "mobile phones" everyone has in ME1-3 era. That's indication that they are not available. I don't have proof that it's because of an era. But I'm inclined to believe so because making another comics (and a long one) in ME1-3 era would be boring.
    You instead of providing your view - proceeded to discredit mine, with illogical assumptions full of ignorance.

This is my last reply to you, not on this topic - but rather EVER!
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-03-08 at 07:59 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Why would you do that? Even on my first playthrough I only mined until I had what I needed. Yeah, I explored every planet for the achievement, but I didn't mine them once I had all my upgrades.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Why would you do that? Even on my first playthrough I only mined until I had what I needed. Yeah, I explored every planet for the achievement, but I didn't mine them once I had all my upgrades.
    I didn't know any better. Somewhere in the game it was said that I had to mine or I'd die horrible, miserable death in the Suicide mission, so I mined my ass off.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-03-08 at 12:08 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    Technically speaking, you don't need the mako exploration/planet mining in ME1 and 2 respectively. Well, probably a little to complete the Collection quest in ME1 and purchase all upgrades in 2, but there really isn't much if any benefit from going past that. The small exp gains/credits/items that going out of the way with the Mako provide is a large time investment that doesn't affect what you take into ME2.. maybe a level or two, but unless you use some of the repeatable xp exploits or do a second run, you will most likely end up somewhere between 51 and 60 on a full content run regardless. Credits and items aren't carried over at all. The same goes for the surpluss minerals. The small boost it grants to war assets is basically nullified if you have done any mp promotions, and almost certainly won't trigger a worse EMS ending.

Doesn't stop me from doing both, but still.. you can safely skip them. :P