10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Well to be fair i also did it in my first time there, i shot him in the face, i still dont know if it was some reflex action.

The entire ending of ME3 is stupid and contradictory, control the reapers!! yeah TIM tried to do it and he was mind controlled, synthesis bitch!! yeah saren tried that too. The result of let a single guy write the ending instead of the entire group.
    TIM couldn't do it because he was indoctrinated
    Saren couldn't do it because he was indoctrinated
    Shepard could do it because (s)he was not indoctrinated and either Starbrat can't indoctrinate or didn't have enough time to do so (indoctrination takes time to sink in)

Oh and . . . 1000 pages . . . we can do it . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Ye I know, but sounds like a lot of work. I might get into that some day.
    Only playing ME3 seems a bit like only watching Return of the King, there's a lot of development and back story you're going to be missing out on and really ME3 serves as an ending for the whole series. There's so much stuff where I was thinking "great, I've been wanting to get this sorted out since ME1".

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    They are more fun to play than ME3.
    They just dont look as nice, which is everything people seem to care about.
    I thought ME3 had the best gameplay, 1 felt too bloated and 2 felt too streamlined. 3 hit my Goldilocks zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I thought ME3 had the best gameplay, 1 felt too bloated and 2 felt too streamlined. 3 hit my Goldilocks zone.
    My thoughts exactly. 1 had boring talent trees you didn't feel the effects of. 2 was too simple. 3 was juuuuuuust right.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Im not even mad, i knew there were people who supported ME3 being a gears of war clone.

But i am dissapointed in you Mr Jensen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    My thoughts exactly. 1 had boring talent trees you didn't feel the effects of. 2 was too simple. 3 was juuuuuuust right.
    Well, to be fair, I loved ME1 leveling and, especially, gear system more that those of ME2 and ME3. However, it had also more weird combat system, where you generally didn't have to hide behind barrels, but rather just rush in the middle of the battlefield and kill everyone around.

ME2 was too much of "sit in cover and use your primary ability once in a while". It was also TOO MUCH simplified in terms of abilities and gear.

ME3, IMO, had the best combat gameplay of the whole series, although I really didn't like the lack of health regeneration outside combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    ME2 was too much of "sit in cover and use your primary ability once in a while". It was also TOO MUCH simplified in terms of abilities and gear.

ME3, IMO, had the best combat gameplay of the whole series, although I really didn't like the lack of health regeneration outside combat.
    Yes, pressing space to hide behind chesthighwalls conveniently placed everywhere where someone will be shooting at you and throwing out powers/ducking up to shoot 3 seconds before hiding again is very high level play.

And you cant even use lift to make geth juggernauts/primes soar into the sky or use Black Hole (whatever the name was) at a strategic point to deal with reinforcements because they got fucking shields that now magically protects against spacemagic.
    And the goddamn generic ammo system that no longer punishes you for being shit.

ME3 had the worst combat.
    And i will fight anyone who says otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    ME3 had the worst combat.
    And i will fight anyone who says otherwise.
    ME3 had the most polished combat but i still had more fun in ME2, could have something do with my favorite class not being a power spamming jedi in one of them i guess.

Deleted
    I played both at insane (or whatever was the max difficulty level name)level difficulty and ME2 was the worst of the bunch. ME1 you just Rambo'd your way in (at least with the soldier) but it was kind of fun.

Problem with ME2 at max difficulty level was that *every single one of the fuckers* and by this I mean REALLY every single enemy had Armor. Things that before had shield or barrier at insane had armor on top of that meaning that 99% of the powers were useless cause once armor was gone a couple more hits and they were dead, reason why my party was consisting in characters with ammo power, defensive skills and Incinerate/Overload.

Stuff like concussive shot, lift, throw, drones, charge, singularity, shockwave were as useless as a pack of wet toilet paper.

ME3 corrected this as the difference in difficulty lies in enemy HP and how the AI react to situations, and not by making half the skills pointless. This means that at insane you can still use lift or throw effectively and strategically to peel off specific opponents, as you still get enemies without armor and/or without shield exactly as in normal mode. Every power and classes still maintain its niche in the third installment.

ME2 have all the cover shit stuff as much as ME3. However due to the the aggravating things I listed above, ME2 has had the worst combat at least at maximum difficulty.

I can go long as of the missing Mako from ME1 and the non linearity that made it more appealing. Inventory systems with all the "disenchanting" option and omnigel stuff to do stuff, and all the different kind ammunition bullshit I don't care
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2013-12-10 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its true that ME3 was more polished in gameplay and had a better AI, but it was largely undone by the lower difficulty level on Insanity, ME3 insanity mode was a pure cakewalk in comparison to ME2 which made it boring in comparison to ME3.

Powers like lift and throw where not useless either, getting biotic explosions out there took more effort, planning and coordination with squad members than in ME3 as well as actually having to use my weapons. Enemies where also deadlier and less squishy because of this.

Have higher expectations on the difficulty next time around since its made by the studio that made the MP and Omega, which was a step up in general from the rest of the game even if Omega was quite bad because of story related reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Its true that ME3 was more polished in gameplay and had a better AI, but it was largely undone by the lower difficulty level on Insanity, ME3 insanity mode was a pure cakewalk in comparison to ME2 which made it boring in comparison to ME3.

Powers like lift and throw where not useless either, getting biotic explosions out there took more effort, planning and coordination with squad members than in ME3 as well as actually having to use my weapons. Enemies where also deadlier and less squishy because of this.

Have higher expectations on the difficulty next time around since its made by the studio that made the MP and Omega, which was a step up in general from the rest of the game even if Omega was quite bad because of story related reasons.
    I don't fully agree, the difficulty in ME2 was higher but artificial because of "armor on everything", and you could still use tech explosion instead of biotic ones so still no sense (for me) to take them. Munitions skills were easier to use and fire ammo were op cause also caused panic when armor depleted.

I do not talk about the "coordination" with the squad cause the squad AI has always been terrible in both games. I think that the difficulty curve in insane ME3 is simply smoother so it looks easier as you do not get spikes in difficulty. Except that last part where you have to defend the missiles >_> banshees, banshees and brutes everywhere at the same time.

It also looks easier because this time you can use your full arsenal with full effect instead to have to peel layers of armor before starting to use biotic skills for their actual effect instead of just biotic combo gimmick
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2013-12-10 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Problem with ME2 at max difficulty level was that *every single one of the fuckers* and by this I mean REALLY every single enemy had Armor. Things that before had shield or barrier at insane had armor on top of that meaning that 99% of the powers were useless cause once armor was gone a couple more hits and they were dead, reason why my party was consisting in characters with ammo power, defensive skills and Incinerate/Overload.

Stuff like concussive shot, lift, throw, drones, charge, singularity, shockwave were as useless as a pack of wet toilet paper.
    I actually quite like that you have first to strip an enemy off armor/barrier/shield to fray him with your abilities. In ME1 Biotics were too much like gods, and the team consisting of Shepard-Biotic, Liara and Wrex could keep even possessed Saren immobilized all the way.
    However, I agree, it made some abilities useless. Singularity was still quite good as it stopped even protected enemies from advancing, and Drones I found very good as a way to distract opponents from advancing and buy you some time. But Lift and Throw were too much underpowered as, typically, once you strip an enemy from all the layers of protection, you can just kill it very fast with your weapon instead of wasting your cooldown on these abilities. And Shockwave was just absolutely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I don't know. In my opinion, all three games are very easy on Insanity with any class, so it's hard to compare which is easier. But, generally, I agree, ME3 was easier than ME2. I mean, random fights are very easy in both games, but ME2 had more challenging bosses than ME3. In ME3 the only challenging stuff, IMO, is the final battle on Earth (with tons of Brutes and Banshees) and the combat against Kai Leng on the Cerberus base. In ME2 there is the platform battle on Collectors' ship, the Starport battle on Horizon, Vasir's combat in LotSB DLC, that side mission where you have to destroy 3 heavy mechs before they destroy the smuggled cargo...

ME1 was even easier though. It is a little challenging right after you leave Citadel, when your level is low and you don't have a proper equipment, but it gets absolutely laughable after you reach level 20 or so, and only 2 missions in Pinnacle Station DLC posed any challenge for me (they were still easy, just hard for some classes to get enough kills fast).

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually quite like that you have first to strip an enemy off armor/barrier/shield to fray him with your abilities. In ME1 Biotics were too much like gods, and the team consisting of Shepard-Biotic, Liara and Wrex could keep even possessed Saren immobilized all the way.
    However, I agree, it made some abilities useless. Singularity was still quite good as it stopped even protected enemies from advancing, and Drones I found very good as a way to distract opponents from advancing and buy you some time. But Lift and Throw were too much underpowered as, typically, once you strip an enemy from all the layers of protection, you can just kill it very fast with your weapon instead of wasting your cooldown on these abilities. And Shockwave was just absolutely useless.

I don't know. In my opinion, all three games are very easy on Insanity with any class, so it's hard to compare which is easier. But, generally, I agree, ME3 was easier than ME2. I mean, random fights are very easy in both games, but ME2 had more challenging bosses than ME3. In ME3 the only challenging stuff, IMO, is the final battle on Earth (with tons of Brutes and Banshees) and the combat against Kai Leng on the Cerberus base. In ME2 there is the platform battle on Collectors' ship, the Starport battle on Horizon, Vasir's combat in LotSB DLC, that side mission where you have to destroy 3 heavy mechs before they destroy the smuggled cargo...

ME1 was even easier though. It is a little challenging right after you leave Citadel, when your level is low and you don't have a proper equipment, but it gets absolutely laughable after you reach level 20 or so, and only 2 missions in Pinnacle Station DLC posed any challenge for me (they were still easy, just hard for some classes to get enough kills fast).
    ME3 was the easiest of the two, I thought. ME1 starts out hard (relatively anyways) and gets easier and ME2 can be tricky at spots with harder difficulties, but Insanity in ME3 is easier than both.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    "typically, once you strip an enemy from all the layers of protection, you can just kill it very fast with your weapon instead of wasting your cooldown on these abilities. And Shockwave was just absolutely useless.
    exactly my point be clear though I liked both of them to bits, I may have played the second one even more than the third.

However while ME3 feels easier is also because you do not have artificiality to that difficulty. You stll have enemies with armor and barriers to strip away but it is the same stuff that you have on normal mode.

- - - Updated - - -

btw I agree that all the games were not particularly difficult even at insanity (I still die because I'm an ass) I just did not liked how they handled the highest difficulty in ME2.

So, its been awhile since i posted in this thread or read it, but id thought id ask you crazy fans first. Are they going to make a new Mass Effect. If so will it be a prequel or not. Also does anybody have any ideas on what the story could possibly be.

Yes, they're making a new one. No one knows if it's a prequel or sequel. And no one has a clue about the story either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    you crazy fans first.
    Do you mean it in the sense of fans who are generally crazy, or fans crazy about the franchise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean it in the sense of fans who are generally crazy, or fans crazy about the franchise?
    I'm going with Gravath. Since there is definitely those with a mixture of both.

Deleted
    Wanna use the buddy system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanna use the buddy system?
    If you don't mind a buddy with insomnia and tends to but a lot of games that he never really plays. I tend to be on the higher end for skill as well.

Deleted
    You may serve.