Poll: Which element?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definately water. Swimming/boating would be significantly more fun and safer. I'd never lose another snowball fight. Clouds are water vapor, there's a bit of weather control. I would no longer have to stir Kool Aid for 20 minutes to get my sugar to dissolve. Would never need a plumber again. Oh, water golems, there's a whole other side to controlling water!

Earth, b/c gold and diamonds are expensive and would be fun to make stupid things like building a solid diamond car and running into stuff.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Well... the more I think about this (and despite the fact that Air is awesome), I might have to change my answer to Water.

There's just so much good you can do with it (not about to list it). Of course there's quite a bit of bad that I already listed, but that's still a list that could go on and on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I really don't feel justified answering anything other than electrokinesis.

But maybe that's because I watched too much of Static Shock when I was younger.

So perhaps I should be more specific and define it as "super-conductor electromagnetism"

(huh, turns out Static's powers result in being immune to mind control. Every time I look this shit up, I find I like it more and more)
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-02 at 07:24 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Fire, no doubt! I love to burn things (not big stuff like houses/people tho).

Air. No question. Imho it's superior over others.

- you can soothe with leaves humming sound
    - you can kill with high frequency sound
    - you can lift objects by altering air pressure underneath
    - you can freeze water by lowering air temp
    - you can boil water by creating microwave frequency (and change it into steam which falls under air mastery)
    - you can squeeze earth with tremendous pressure and turn it into a diamond
    - you can torn asunder earth by rapidly remove form it any air particles
    - you can put earth on fire (raising pressure raises temperature as well so solid state can be altered into liquid which can be evaporated)
    - you are immune to earth attacks, how you want to defeat a wing with a rock?
    - in fact, you are immune to any other element, counter fire with void/low temp; counter water either with low temp (turn into solid) or high temp (turn into "air". Either way you make water loose its control in favor of another element.
    - you can ignite a flame using various flammable gases
    - you can put out fire using neutral gas (like nitrogen, sorry all pyromaniacs, you are extinguished)
    - you can fly
    - you can travel under water (air bubble)
    - you can render yourself invisible (lower temp around yourself to create microscopic ice pyramids and then refract/redirect light so it omit you)
    - Vader Force Choke - simply rise atmospheric pressure around someone's neck or just stop the air from flowing there
    - you can space travel
    - you can nuke someone. Really. Let him ingest some uranium or plutonium, consolidate it in one place then squeeze and voila. Micro nuke inside your brain. You can say /put on the sunglasses/ mind blowing
    - I think you get a picture already...

Air ftw.

Ah. Forgot about one.little.thing...
    POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!!! You can do that too. Imagine harnessing the power of entire atmosphere. Of the Jupiter... or Sun...

Btw... which Earth/Fire/Water lover want to stand against my Supernova's Wind? Anyone?
    I sneeze and this happens...

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Air. No question. Imho it's superior over others.
    - you can lift objects by altering air pressure underneath
    objects like clothing hmm? you could act like the fan on that just for laughs tv show :P

Deleted
    wind or fire , im a smoker so i would not have to carry a lighter with me anymore , but as for win, i always wanted to fly by MYSELf not some stupid plane or what so ever (: so wind or fire for me

water is stupid , i dont live near the ocean nor do i ever go there so whats the point ?

and earth....not my thing (:

pluswith fire i can heat myself up when i'm cold especialy now

Deleted
    To control the very earth you walk on would obviousy be amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlapalooza View Post
    Those aren't elements. Where is the "None" choice you dunce?
    Well in the term 'the elements' - they most certainly are.

Air: Tornados, Cyclones
    Earth: Earthquakes, Landslides
    Water: Floods, Tsunami
    Fire: Bushifires

For me - Water, in Australia we either get drought or floods, would be good to have some control over that.

@RadmaKanow
    If you're talking on a cosmic scale, earth can just start chucking planets around and fire would just be tossing stars around consuming planets for the lol's.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Deleted
    I'd go for Fire. Then I'd join some firefighters in the US and be crowned a hero in the summer for putting out all those forest fires.

Because I ASSUME that "being able to control" also means being able to douse.

Also, being able to do what happens at the 1 minute mark would be rather boss. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsBugR9dpdU
    Last edited by mmoccefed1f20e; 2012-02-02 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    If you're talking on a cosmic scale,
    I'm talking about control. Ultimate control over the element. Scale is a minor issue as one little green old guy said: "size matters not". So, for me, choosing water just to be able to sail is plain stupid (sorry :P ) as you are limiting yourself massively.

With total air control you can be gentle and manipulate
    objects like clothing hmm? you could act like the fan on that just for laughs tv show :P
    or blow literally anything up.

earth can just start chucking planets around and fire would just be tossing stars around consuming planets
    Of course it's possible. But still air is superior. I can alter some star's gas layers and create either a nova or a black hole (Space Odyssey with Monoliths eating Jupiter's hydrogen to change mass and alter planet into 2nd sun) so Fire have no more toys to toss. With Earth the same, squeeze whole planet to a point when it becomes a black hole or create massive, an I mean it, massive tornado to drill it through and then torn apart.

With Eath/Water you control element in certain condition. I, with Air, can both destroy that element and create them. I can blow up a star and turn it into a gas cloud. I can take gas and squeeze it so it turns into a liquid. I can heat it and evaporate plain water and leave solid metals and minerals. I can mix evaporated water with some oxygen and create atmosphere. I can provide temperature, moist, fertile grounds.

With Air I can create life.

My "cosmic scale" examples were only to show that you can achieve lots more things than keeping Australia from flood/drought danger. most of you think small in that matter. Open you eyes and think BIG.

And try to figure how to "beat" my air :P

Deleted
    Wind, for sure!

Marilyn Monroe's! Marilyn Monroe's, everywhere!

(Warning: Video obviously contains a skirt blowing up in the wind!)
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-02-02 at 08:47 AM.

Fire, arguably the most destructive of the 4 elements. Thats what i'd choose

Deleted
    Fire seems like the least useful. It's just burning gas? Which is basically like air only have less. Total control over air would probably be able to burn things too, like mixing oxygen and some other highly volatile gas. Water seems the same .. oxygen + hydrogen and a match?:P Instant water. So yea, air or earth.. probably earth though.

But if I'm overthinking it and the control is more limited, I'd still go with earth (unless I'd have to look like the thing from fantastic 4 :P). Fire seems useless in any case, why would I need to just mindlessly want to burn stuff? As for putting out fires, I'm no hero, couldn't care less. Water seems nearly as useless since the only real uses for it would be helping people, preventing catastrophes, giving water to the needy and such, also not my thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Water or fire.

Water, because of the ability of controling liquids in other people's bodies (Either by attacking someone in for instance self-defence or by helping people in certain types of accidents.), plus being able to survive anywhere by having access to all water closeby, whether it's in the air, plants, ground, etc. Not to mention that I can control it to such an extent where I can create all the states of the element in no time (Solid, liquid, and gas.), therefore having huge advantages in different situations. Plus, I can walk and run over water, dive under water for long periods of time without needing new air, and stop/use water in catastrophies when needed (Tsunamis, forest fires, etc.).

If I would choose fire, I would have control over various types of heat sources. I could control volcanoes, gain energy from sunlight, control electricity and lightning, etc. I would be able to heat up anything I desire, to the point where it would be possible to melt it, therefore making it possible to remove any obsticle in my path, and also using my powers to power up my house (No more electric bills. XD). Plus, I would actually be able to fly like I had a freaking jetpack, if having enough energy, so I do not need any vehicle to get anywhere.

Besides those examples of why they would be useful, being able to control fire or water would look freaking badass. =)
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-02-02 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough call between water and fire.

Can I choose Heart instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomerang! \o/

But it's not on the poll.

Water then! \o/

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Definitely Air (Wind).

- Shuts off all air needed to fuel fire.
    - Technically could allow you to breath under water or just take out the oxygen of water to turn it to gas.
    - Could at least protect you somewhat from the elements of earth being tossed at you or whatnot.
    - Yes. As a matter of fact I can fly.
    You just read my mind o.o
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb