Quote Originally Posted by Eothekingslayer View Post
    Anyone who is planning on voting in the election should watch this video. Amazing vid!!!

If I wanted America to fail...I would re-elect Obama!

video=youtube;CZ-4gnNz0vc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ-4gnNz0vc&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    Why do you think copy pasting the same thing in multiple threads is helpful, especially when what you're posting is nothing but incoherent rambling?

Anyone who is planning on voting in the election should watch this video. Amazing vid!!!

So many opinions, so little facts. Didn't realize that this was Hollywood, and not American Polit...oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Why do you think copy pasting the same thing in multiple threads is helpful, especially when what you're posting is nothing but incoherent rambling?
    It's called getting the word out on the video -snip-

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Considering the things Bush and Cheney did in their time in office, tying up their hands is probably one of the best things that could have happened for America in those final couple of years.

But if you had actually paid attention, you might have seen that Bush actually seemed to walk back a bit from the things he had done before. it looks like he finally realized that he may have been given really bad advice and been in the wrong all this time, and he seemed to become a lot more distant from Cheney. As a result, he seemed to become much more human and better towards the end of his Presidency. Then, of course, the roof collapsed on top of him after allowing the foundations to be weakened.
    Yeah I am sure that Democrats getting power in Washington just before things go to hell was a coincidence. (Sarcasm) Congress is the ones who have the real power to change things in Washington not the President.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saffi View Post
    So many opinions, so little facts. Didn't realize that this was Hollywood, and not American Polit...oh wait.
    Oh oh Oh I am so sorry I forgot that only the Left's policies are supported by facts and not the Rights. My bad won't make that silly mistake again.

Warning: Please avoid insulting other users
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-04-25 at 11:13 PM.
    "LET TERROR RAIN!!!" ~ Warcraft III

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh oh Oh I am so sorry I forgot that only the Left's policies are supported by facts and not the Rights.
    He could be a Republican and still claim the video is crap. If it doesn't contain any facts, casting pretenses about his character isn't going to make the video any more factual.

Oh oh Oh I am so sorry I forgot that only the Left's policies are supported by facts and not the Rights. My bad won't make that silly mistake again.
    I'm far more left than any party in America ever will be. So no, I don't really fanboy the democrat party's policies. And some of them would (are) be utter crap regardless who made them (hi NDAA). But if you want to believe in "the power" of that video or even the fact that it contains some kind of message, be my guest. Here's a hint : the guy on the video is an actor, and he is probably reading a manuscript written by a political organization that is affiliated with Romney's superpac.

Some of the things in that video were pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Considering the things Bush and Cheney did in their time in office, tying up their hands is probably one of the best things that could have happened for America in those final couple of years.

But if you had actually paid attention, you might have seen that Bush actually seemed to walk back a bit from the things he had done before. it looks like he finally realized that he may have been given really bad advice and been in the wrong all this time, and he seemed to become a lot more distant from Cheney. As a result, he seemed to become much more human and better towards the end of his Presidency. Then, of course, the roof collapsed on top of him after allowing the foundations to be weakened.
    Its not just that. The Democratic majority was not a super majority, where they could've just plowed over the Republican opposition and passed whatever they wanted. Add in the complications from the "Blue Dogs" (i.e. conservative Dems who often side with Republicans on many issues, like my representative) often agreeing on the other side of the aisle, and the obstructionism that the Republicans have recklessly indulged in for the past few years and you get the stifled ability of the Democrats to reverse or pass any progressive legislature - which is why their two year majority was ultimately ineffectual.

Also, Bush "walked back" on a lot of his policies in the end because he was a lame duck president, and no longer had a reason to capitulate to the extremists in his party.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Some of the things in that video were pretty cool.
    Tbh that clip just screamed "propaganda".

Quote Originally Posted by saffi View Post
    I'm far more left than any party in America ever will be. So no, I don't really fanboy the democrat party's policies. And some of them would (are) be utter crap regardless who made them (hi NDAA). But if you want to believe in "the power" of that video or even the fact that it contains some kind of message, be my guest. Here's a hint : the guy on the video is an actor, and he is probably reading a manuscript written by a political organization that is affiliated with Romney's superpac.
    I thought the guy looked like Marco Rubio... which made it even more shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Tbh that clip just screamed "propaganda".
    Yes, but inspiring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but inspiring.
    Your mentality has been taking intriguing turns in the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    Your mentality has been taking intriguing turns in the last few days.
    Must be the shrooms...

Deleted
    Yes, but inspiring.
    That channel has a good Milton Friedman tribute but other than that I feel a bit uneasy watching them.

But hey, that's just my personal opinion. Looking at the view counts others have enjoyed them quite a lot.

Yes, but inspiring.
    I'm hoping this is sarcasim, I did have a strong respect for you holding your positions over constant attack. This however isn't terribly respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I'm hoping this is sarcasim, I did have a strong respect for you holding your positions over constant attack. This however isn't terribly respectable.
    My point was that there was a side to me that really enjoyed hearing things I believe in spoken with such conviction. I understand that it does indeed smack of propaganda, but like I said, it was enjoyable.

My point was that there was a side to me that really enjoyed hearing things I believe in spoken with such conviction. I understand that it does indeed smack of propaganda, but like I said, it was enjoyable.
    Its getting harder and harder not to Godwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    What do you mean by that?

Endorsing propaganda on the grounds of finding it enjoyable while it has no factoral footing is a not a wise thing

10+ Year Old Account
    I concur.

That shit is pretty textbook.

Though actually, it's only preaching to the choir. It's not quite as good as the old masters.

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 02:28 PM ----------

This is going to become like 'The Game' trying not to Godwin the thread while asking you to make sure you know what Godwin's law is.
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2012-04-27 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Endorsing propaganda on the grounds of finding it enjoyable while it has no factoral footing is a not a wise thing
    I'm not endorsing it, exactly. I remember posting a MoveOn.org video a while ago, and it showed young kids talking about taxing Wall Street, a path to citizenship for illegals, all kinds of liberal things. A lot of people in that thread understood that it was propaganda, but they still agreed with some of the things said in the video.