10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't really give two shits if it's Obama's fault or not. It's a shitty situation all around and the REAL people at fault are the attackers. The ONLY reason we're bickering over this issue like two starving dogs is in an attempt to throw shit on our own people. It's disgusting, we're all Americans, we're all sad those people died, but we're all pretty damn f----- aware that Americans are not at fault here. The terrorists who killed our people are.

I don't need any more information than that. In my book not a single American is at fault here. You want fault? You want blame? Go look at the terrorists.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Actually, I didn't so much paint it as I just color-replaced everything...
    It's pretty awesome, regardless.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I honestly don't really give two shits if it's Obama's fault or not. It's a shitty situation all around and the REAL people at fault are the attackers. The ONLY reason we're bickering over this issue like two starving dogs is in an attempt to throw shit on our own people. It's disgusting, we're all Americans, we're all sad those people died, but we're all pretty damn f----- aware that Americans are not at fault here. The terrorists who killed our people are.

I don't need any more information than that. In my book not a single American is at fault here. You want fault? You want blame? Go look at the terrorists.
    thank you. this is 100% on point imo. i loathed bush, and even i didnt blame 9/11 on him. it was a group of terrible, evil people, much like the ones that committed this act

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i get what you're saying. what im saying is that telling your guy on the situation "this is your field of expertise, i'll follow your lead on this" is not cowardice, it's common sense. pretty sure obama didnt sit back and say "fuck 'em"

A true leader does not say "this is your field of expertise, i'll follow your lead on this"
    A true leader would ask "what do you think this is your line of expertise" then who ever he asked would tell him then it is up to him to take that advice and make a decision and then give the order to do it or stand down

By passing the buck to someone else to make the decision you are also passing the blame if something goes wrong and that is a sign of a coward

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    A true leader does not say "this is your field of expertise, i'll follow your lead on this"
    A true leader would ask "what do you think this is your line of expertise" then who ever he asked would tell him then it is up to him to take that advice and make a decision and then give the order to do it or stand down

By passing the buck to someone else to make the decision you are also passing the blame if something goes wrong and that is a sign of a coward
    If Obama knows Joe General knows better than him, why on earth would Obama need to make the decision? I just don't understand why you keep bringing this back to Obama when someone clearly knows better on the subject. If Obama says "I trust your judgement to do the right thing." then Joe General should be capable of doing the right thing without having to tell Obama what the right thing is, and then waiting for Obama to tell him to do it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

blame didnt get passed terribly well then, did it? we are talking about it after all. and i expect a true leader to have enough sense to allow people in the field some tactical leeway in a dicey situation rather than try to micromanage something he is not realistically equipped for just to act like hes "leading".

imo your definition of a "true leader" is pretty skewed

The problem with you comment at least two of the four dead Americans could have been saved if we had a President that wasn't a coward and would have given the order to go and help. two of those American died 6 hours into a 7 hour fight there was plenty if time to help
    Obama watched them die got up the next morning lied to the American Public by blaming the attack on some you tube vid then went and partied in Vegas

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 08:11 PM ----------

If Obama knows Joe General knows better than him, why on earth would Obama need to make the decision? I just don't understand why you keep bringing this back to Obama when someone clearly knows better on the subject. If Obama says "I trust your judgement to do the right thing." then Joe General should be capable of doing the right thing without having to tell Obama what the right thing is, and then waiting for Obama to tell him to do it.
    How it work Obama would ask Joe General his assessment on the subject then its up to the President to make the decision based on the Joe Generals assessment and all the other intel and advise he receives that is how it works that is what a leader does

How it work Obama would ask Joe General his assessment on the subject then its up to the President to make the decision based on the Joe Generals assessment and all the other intel and advise he receives that is how it works that is what a leader does
    And when Joe General tells him not to do it?

The president and only the president can authorize militantly force on or in a country we are not at war with. It is the law written in the war powers act
    I thought your congress declared war?

I have to wonder if, from this conversation, we can extrapolate that Romney is personally responsible for every company bankrupted and every job destroyed during his tenure at the head of Bain Capital. After all, if he really wanted to keep those American workers employed, he could have stepped in and said so. That's what a leader does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! I painted a picture yesterday!

Actually, I didn't so much paint it as I just color-replaced everything...
    That got a good chuckle out of me, so thanks.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    And when Joe General tells him not to do it?
    Then it is still his decission to make either he goes against what the general tells him just like Reagan did with Granada and gives the order to go or he does what the general says and orders them to stand down then be man enough to admit as much to the American public

That is what a leader does he makes a decision stands by that decision and be honest about the decision right or wrong a leader doesn't worry about the political far out from that decision

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 09:40 PM ----------

I have to wonder if, from this conversation, we can extrapolate that Romney is personally responsible for every company bankrupted and every job destroyed during his tenure at the head of Bain Capital. After all, if he really wanted to keep those American workers employed, he could have stepped in and said so. That's what a leader does.
    better yet add up the employees from these companies
    AMC Entertainment, Burger King, Burlington Coat Factory, Clear Channel Communications, Domino Pizza, Dunkin Donuts, Guitar Center, Sports Authority, Staples, Toys R Us and Warner Music Group these are all the companies that Bain Capitol either help start or kept from going under

Now add up all the employees these companies have
    Eastern Energy, Ener 1, Beacon Power, Abound Solar, Amonix Solar, Spectra Watt and Solyndra. you cant because All of these are bankrupted companies that received government stimulus money and were also Obama campaign donors

better yet add up the employees from these companies
    AMC Entertainment, Burger King, Burlington Coat Factory, Clear Channel Communications, Domino Pizza, Dunkin Donuts, Guitar Center, Sports Authority, Staples, Toys R Us and Warner Music Group these are all the companies that Bain Capitol either help start or kept from going under

Now add up all the employees these companies have
    Eastern Energy, Ener 1, Beacon Power, Abound Solar, Amonix Solar, Spectra Watt and Solyndra. you cant because All of these are bankrupted companies that received government stimulus money and were also Obama campaign donors
    I'll give you that Bain was a good investment company in the sense that they did help a lot of companies out. Heck, I use Guitar Center on a regular basis because they have the best deals for drums and I bought my new Nerf gun from Toys-R-Us.

But they also did bankrupt quite a few companies so they could maximize profits and shipped jobs over-seas for the same reason.

Oh, and Bain had a higher fail rate than the energy dependency stimulus or whatever. Doing math, can't think.

A lot of people still ignore that a quick response team was sent to Benghazi to render aid. It seems to me the call was not to send additional forces after the initial relief team was sent in. Nobody was "left to die." Now, perhaps the severity of the attack warranted additional personnel, but that is not the call that was made.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Then it is still his decission to make either he goes against what the general tells him just like Reagan did with Granada and gives the order to go or he does what the general says and orders them to stand down then be man enough to admit as much to the American public

That is what a leader does he makes a decision stands by that decision and be honest about the decision right or wrong a leader doesn't worry about the political far out from that decision
    They will never , ever see your side as long as it is not the democratic side. And they will defend obama until their dying days. They are true believers. They do not believe in patriotism, only in the democratic way. Americans should see that terrorist attacks on Americans should be questioned when those Americans could have been saved. They only see the democratic side of everything, not the side most Americans see. I gave up, it's no use beating your head against true believers. The people who say Benghazi attack doesn't matter are the worst and are despicable. I can see why true believers support obama(do not understand unbridled loyalty to a man over your country), but I can not see how Americans do not care about terrorist attacks on Americans.

The best part is that if this were a republican President, they would be all over this. I would be too. That's the difference, I am not partisan when it comes to American lives. None of them will say that they would be against this investigation if it was George Bush. They would never say that, because when it comes down to the bottom line, they don't care about Americans, just the democrat side.

Sometimes I have to wonder if all these Benghazi-floggers are spam accounts from the same person. They sound eerily similar in their tone, talking points, and typing ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I have to wonder if all these Benghazi-floggers are spam accounts from the same person. They sound eerily similar in their tone, talking points, and typing ability.
    The only credit I will ever give to the GOP on the whole is their steadfast uniformity. It's almost as good as the Communists.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only credit I will ever give to the GOP on the whole is their steadfast uniformity. It's almost as good as the Communists.
    Well to be fair, Soviet unity was achieved by wiping out the other side. The fact that this doesn't sound like something the GOP would never resort to scares me a bit.

This whole bit about how if you're not out for blood after Benghazi that you're not a real patriot or American is just the same old shit we had to deal with before the Iraq War.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This whole bit about how if you're not out for blood after Benghazi that you're not a real patriot or American is just the same old shit we had to deal with before the Iraq War.
    Conservatives vote on emotion, liberals vote on facts.