10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Not so much that he's black as it is that he's a member of a racist black nationalistic group (who hates white people with a passion)

You'd be cool with a white guy in sheets hanging outside a polling place?
    This is bullshit, there were members of the black panther party that were white. MC5 were members and are a relatively big name in punk rock. The key word in all this is also 'were', as in, the only thing that makes these folks members is the color of their skin.

I would be perfectly cool in seeing a white guy, without assuming he is a member of the clan.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    They are black supremacists. They hate everyone else. And from their rhetoric, white people and anyone else should be concerned for their safty. Just as minorities in America should be concerned when it comes to the KKK or skinheads.
    This is bulkshit, open a history book. You are quoting the racist propoganda of over 50 years ago. We have been over this, history books have been written. This is members:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XhQRFO4M7A
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-11-06 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    This is bulkshit, open a history book. You are quoting the racist propoganda of over 50 years ago. We have been over this, history books have been written. This is members:
    And this is its leadership.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohio poles closing in a couple of minutes! Begin the sacrifice!

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    What happened at RNC, that would lead you to believe this is some sort of leadership of an organization? I bet the leader is also a French model... Bonjour...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Yeah, I'm with KingHorse on this one, the NBPP is basically a black version of the KKK.

The Black Panther Party of 50 years ago may have had more lofty goals, but the NBPP has none of that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    What happened at RNC, that would lead you to believe this is some sort of leadership of an organization? I bet the leader is also a French model... Bonjour...
    Condescension aside, their self identification as leadership of the NBPP is what lead me to believe that they're, you know, some sort of leadership within the NBPP. Perhaps they lied and I was a fool to believe them? It's possible. Much more likely than them being French models anyway.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Voter ID? It's only been in the news for months. My great-aunt will no longer be able to vote because she lacks the mobility to obtain a photo ID.
    I'm confused at how she's mobile enough to vote, but not mobile enough to get an ID.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm confused at how she's mobile enough to vote, but not mobile enough to get an ID.
    Likely absentee voting. If it didn't go until the last minute, I'm sure that there are workarounds for disabled citizens.

[e] Nevermind, an ID wouldn't be required in absentee voting.

http://www.sos.state.mn.us/index.aspx?page=211

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yeah, I'm with KingHorse on this one, the NBPP is basically a black version of the KKK.

The Black Panther Party of 50 years ago may have had more lofty goals, but the NBPP has none of that.
    Joining the chorus. I've seen some of their little rallies here locally, and these people are some fucking vile racists.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 08:31 PM ----------

I don't get what this is supposed to show me. Absentee balloting isn't contingent on ID, as far as I know.

Perhaps I wasn't clear - I don't understand how someone's ambulatory status affects their capacity to vote as it pertains to voter ID.

Absentee votes; we bring her a ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Absentee votes; we bring her a ballot.
    I'm obviously misunderstanding something. Doesn't she not need ID then?

I'm obviously misunderstanding something. Doesn't she not need ID then?
    Nah, they will have some voter verification mumbo-jumbo that still requires a government issued ID.

OBAMA WINS! so friggin called it.

The only thing I find funny is both sides saying "let's put partisanship behind us and work together". Somehow I have a hard time believing that is really going to happen. I'm pretty sure both sides say that after every election. I mean, who are they kidding? Now it's the start of the 2016 campaign, both parties still want to look good and have the other look bad. Not to mention the divided Congress...
    Last edited by link4117; 2012-11-07 at 05:46 AM. Reason: oops wrong word

And America breathes a little easier, even if only because we don't have to deal with Mitt Romney as a president.

Don't all the people who said in comments on the election "Landslide, you are spelled 'Romney-Ryan' look silly now.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    The only thing I find funny is both sides saying "let's put politics behind us and work together". Somehow I have a hard time believing that is really going to happen. I'm pretty sure both sides say that after every election. I mean, who are they kidding? Now it's the start of the 2016 campaign, both parties still want to look good and have the other look bad. Not to mention the divided Congress...
    I only see one side saying that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I only see one side saying that...
    All problems originate from the Republicans, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    All problems originate from the Republicans, right?
    Your words taste icky. Please keep them out of my mouth.

Deleted
    Please, refrain from insulting, okay?

Thanks guys and girls.