Poll: Which do you choose

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Machete, hands down. A saw will wear out, a gun will run out of ammo eventually and it's hard to chop down trees for shelter with a gun and a multi-tool is just the kind of silly things people use when they can't afford real tools.

Also, I can sharpen my machete on the rocks when it wears dull.

It's pro for chopping down things, opening coconuts, and killing things that need killing.

Machete! Buy one now, get second one half off!

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Machete, hands down. A saw will wear out, a gun will run out of ammo eventually and it's hard to chop down trees for shelter with a gun and a multi-tool is just the kind of silly things people use when they can't afford real tools.

Also, I can sharpen my machete on the rocks when it wears dull.

It's pro for chopping down things, opening coconuts, and killing things that need killing.

Machete! Buy one now, get second one half off!
    You just need to bring a minigun then.

Personal I would probably prefer a nice hatchet.

10+ Year Old Account
    definitely a machete. Though the all in one tool was a close contender.

The machete has superior cutting power though, so you would be able to harvest smaller trees to build stuff with. Would suck if your machete broke though.

swiss army knife...everything you will ever need in your pocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well no1 wants the gun so I will take it, shoot you and take your tools.

Machete, i have watched enough ray mears and bear grylls to know it's probably the most valuable tool you can have in such environments.

A genie that would let me wish for more wishes.

But if we're going to real things, I'd bring a tent.

But since that isn't on the list, I'd take the rope. You can pretty much make do with what you have but i jsut cant figure out how to make ropes D:

Deleted
    Well, my idea of a DESERTED island is a pile of rocks (or sand) above the sea. WTF are you gonna do with machete on a pile of rocks? sharpen it really really awesome?
    I pick the gun to shoot if a plane comes by, and if thing are getting really grim, i can shoot myself!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashandris View Post
    Well, my idea of a DESERTED island is a pile of rocks (or sand) above the sea. WTF are you gonna do with machete on a pile of rocks? sharpen it really really awesome?
    I pick the gun to shoot if a plane comes by, and if thing are getting really grim, i can shoot myself!
    No one in a plane is going to hear gunfire, and they will never see a muzzle flash from any considerable altitude unless it's nighttime and you happen to have a flash enhancer on it... and even then, doubtful.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

as a minecraft-veteran id take a pick with me.

hearthstone. enough said.

I'd have to go with an axe. Can cut anything that a machete can, only with more force where necessary. If you needed to make any form of shelter, you'd regret the machete as soon as you had to cut anything much more than an inch thick.

Failing that, I'll just make sure I land on an island with MacGyver. http://maclost.ytmnd.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Machete makes the most sense.

It's the easiest to care for, can handle most anything you run across, and can easily help you generate other tools.

But if I were to have the full range of options, of anything I wanted? Depends on the size and liveability of the island. If it's big enough and plenty enough that I could live happily enough - okay machete. If it's tiny, and even if I were careful, I'd still end up freezing or starving to death - a nice big bottle of opiates to OD on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multi tool based on the OP has provided for us to go off.
    Goochy