Thread: Gearing for PvP

Gearing for PvP

So I just dinged 50, a happy little bounty hunter only to get demolished balls deep by everyone in a BG due to my gear.

Whatever, that's fine. Bound to happen. However I opened my new champions bag (200 merc/200 wz comms) only to find 3 centurion (t1 out of 3) commendations. To buy a piece of gear it's roughly 30 commendations. 10 bags = 2000/2000 commendations = 8000 warzone commendations

The dailies etc give a bag, but on imp side I for every 10 bgs I lose I win 1. Mostly due to people leaving as soon as there's an inkling of losing.

Pretty much to get geared I have to run hundreds of BG losses with me being next to useless? Is there no other way?

Read in a patch they're making bags give 15 centurion commendations which will be good, it means i'll at least be able to hit more than 1.2k tracer missile crits.

inb4 nerds saying "gear is hard to get, deal with it" - while i appreciate the difficulty, i don't appreciate the hours of losing due to my server imperials leaving every bg, bgs not counting for wins and the fact that i'm useless. I hit for shit all, it's no where near fun

inb4inb4 nerds saying "lol ur just bad" I'm not; at least, in wow my arena rankings said otherwise
    Last edited by rektbrah; 2012-02-07 at 07:04 AM.
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point in time all that you can really do is run those BG's for your daily/weekly and try to get the Ilum daily/weekly done, there isn't any other way. Hopefully they will find a way to adjust the advantage gear is giving so it gets to that 10% that they wanted.

Deleted
    A change for this is coming with a patch that will be deployed sometime in early/mid march.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nally-fixed...

I would suggest that you don't open any further champion bags until that time, as it would be a waste, unless you really want to gear up immediately. Personally I have stocked up on over 10 bags and counting.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-02-07 at 07:28 AM.

Run hardmodes for PVE gear. It's not ideal, but upgrading your weapon and armor and walking in with more than 12-13k hp makes a big difference. Also, consider healing for the time being. My first toon was a healer, and let me tell you, healers make HUGE differences in games. I wish my second toon was a healer, but PT seemed too appealing.

One last piece of advice: Premades. Premades are just so win, especially if you can get on vent/mumble. You may get flak for looking for a premade when you're undergeared, but you can hide that a bit with the PVE gear if ppl just look at HP and not a legit inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    A change for this is coming with a patch that will be deployed sometime in early/mid march.

I would suggest that you don't open any further champion bags until that time, as it would be a waste, unless you really want to gear up immediately. Personally I have stocked up on over 10 bags and counting.
    Isn't mid march the patch 1.2 and the champ bag changes are 1.1.2? Pretty sure it is and that should be here well maybe tonight? I'm not positive though, hence the ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gittyup View Post
    Isn't mid march the patch 1.2 and the champ bag changes are 1.1.2? Pretty sure it is and that should be here well maybe tonight? I'm not positive though, hence the ?
    Indeed. From the 1.1.2 patch notes:

The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags. This change allows players to obtain PvP gear at a steady and significantly more predictable rate with an occasional bonus.

I just dinged earlier this week. I'm already half-way geared, many loses, some wins. Plus with patch 1.1.2 you will be getting 15 coms instead of 3. Gearing wasn't that hard before, but its even easier now.

The RNG is lol in this game. Before I reached lvl 50 I was PvP rank 24 or so, now I'm 29 and I have both main hand Champ weapons, 3 Champ armor pieces + Champ implant.

Only because I was damn lucky
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post

you can hold them? Sorry but how? I bought one at like level 20 or something and kept it in my bank and at 21 or something when I could buy the next one it said I already had one :S
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    you can hold them? Sorry but how? I bought one at like level 20 or something and kept it in my bank and at 21 or something when I could buy the next one it said I already had one :S
    the bags awarded by that daily/weekly aren't unique, but those you buy from the vendor are. So really what you should do is stock up all the weekly/daily ones, keep 1 vendor bag and try keep your commendations at around 1000/1000 buying any when you get close to capping them both

buy orange gear, do dailies in ilum/belsavis that award epic modifications, put them in your gear, there. now you're competitive in pvp, especially if you're as good as you claim about wow arena.

out of 3 50's the first two were full champ gear by rank 35ish. the third is rank 29 and only missing lower robe, implants, and offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by morderith View Post
    the bags awarded by that daily/weekly aren't unique, but those you buy from the vendor are. So really what you should do is stock up all the weekly/daily ones, keep 1 vendor bag and try keep your commendations at around 1000/1000 buying any when you get close to capping them both
    oh right cheers

buy orange gear, do dailies in ilum/belsavis that award epic modifications, put them in your gear, there. now you're competitive in pvp, especially if you're as good as you claim about wow arena.

out of 3 50's the first two were full champ gear by rank 35ish. the third is rank 29 and only missing lower robe, implants, and offhand.
    this is a post i like to see. didnt realise the dailies award epic shit. cheers
    this game sucks

Dailies dont award epic shit, they award tokens that can be traded in.

Quote Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
    Dailies dont award epic shit, they award tokens that can be traded in.
    Heroic dailies award mods, armor, and enhancements.