10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb What is the actual correct time of release for players in EU

I have searched online for countdown timers for release and noticed they often say different times left until release, was wondering how correct this one is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/ and what time zone is this one based on ?

Deleted
    That time is based on CET (french/server time). What it is saying is that at 12am on the 25th the servers go live. You will be able to play all day on tuesday the 25th.

So in the UK you will be able to play from 11pm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lynesman View Post
    Yes you will, unless they do something similiar to when Wrath launched and it actually became available at around 2100 GMT
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Yes you will, unless they do something similiar to when Wrath launched and it actually became available at around 2100 GMT
    Which, if my memory serves me correctly, was due to Russian players complaining that otherwise they would have had to wait until 3 am local time to play. It also means you have to get the digital preorder (or get lucky with a clueless shop assistant not knowing about the embargo), as otherwise you have to wait until midnight local time to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Which, if my memory serves me correctly, was due to Russian players complaining that otherwise they would have had to wait until 3 am local time to play. It also means you have to get the digital preorder (or get lucky with a clueless shop assistant not knowing about the embargo), as otherwise you have to wait until midnight local time to buy it.
    Harsh. Didn't realise that was the reason they opened wotlk so early. I thought it was done and kept hush so they could stagger the people accessing the new areas slightly. Was amusing to get spammed with whispers at 9:30 with people saying I had hacked the game and made a DK!
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by lynesman View Post
    Lol dude your avatar is creepy!

OT: Each expansion i've known that in UK im in london it usually opens from 11pm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Harsh. Didn't realise that was the reason they opened wotlk so early. I thought it was done and kept hush so they could stagger the people accessing the new areas slightly. Was amusing to get spammed with whispers at 9:30 with people saying I had hacked the game and made a DK!
    All I remember was standing in line at 10 pm, when someone in the line got a text saying that Northrend was open and people were already levelling. Given the whole reason for standing in line was to get an early start (no digital preorder in those days), that was pretty much a slap in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooof this is the first year I'm not working in a game shop on release day so I was kinda curious myself. 11pm, gotcha.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    All I remember was standing in line at 10 pm, when someone in the line got a text saying that Northrend was open and people were already levelling. Given the whole reason for standing in line was to get an early start (no digital preorder in those days), that was pretty much a slap in the face.
    We all thought we all were so clever camping the boat in the MIDDLE of SW harbour for hours, hoping to be on the first wave that got sent up there: was quite a party atmosphere, people messing about. That soon turned into an utter stampede when someone noticed that the ACTUAL boat to Northrend on the north dock in SW had started arriving and leaving hours before we expected it to and we were all on the wrong one . . .
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    "What is the actual correct time of release for players in EU"

Depends where in the EU you live?

Deleted
    We all thought we all were so clever camping the boat in the MIDDLE of SW harbour for hours, hoping to be on the first wave that got sent up there: was quite a party atmosphere, people messing about. That soon turned into an utter stampede when someone noticed that the ACTUAL boat to Northrend on the north dock in SW had started arriving and leaving hours before we expected it to and we were all on the wrong one . . .
    Haha, brilliant! Fortunately for me, I was 6th or 7th in line, so I made it home pretty quick and still managed to land Realm first 450 fishing

Deleted
    Since I'm in GMT+3, I'll just go to sleep very early and wake up at 5.30 or so and start leveling.
    I'm used to wake up at this time to go to gym before work anyways.

Can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    yet another reply states we in UK can play at 11pm Tuesday and another states we can play allday from 11am Tuedsay, this is the whole reason I made this post as so many people give different answers.

>what is the correct answer ?>>

Deleted
    Those in the UK can play from 11 pm on the Monday of September 24th, ie. an hour before midnight.