Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The same thing every bug is doing, looking for food and a nice place to reproduce. And it's most likely that there are. Once you get the mold cleaned out you should call for an exterminator. If the mold if wide-spread, you may want to have your whole home fumigated(though that's expensive).
    Seeing a bug or two doesn't mean you should fumigate your house. Or am I missing sarcasm?

Definitely not a roach. Definitely a beetle of sorts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    I don't think those white balls are eggs, but rather a parasitic fungus called Cordyceps. Google it, it's fascinating.
    I did just that, I kind of wish I had not. Those images. Oh god the images. That's a fate I would not wish upon anyone, not even a lowly insect.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys thank you so much for helping me solve the mystery. I was so scared I had roaches. My poor husband is so annoyed with me freaking out over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    You guys thank you so much for helping me solve the mystery. I was so scared I had roaches. My poor husband is so annoyed with me freaking out over it.
    Roaches are carb eaters, so as long as you keep your house clean you really don't have to worry about them. It's the blood eaters you have to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Roaches are carb eaters, so as long as you keep your house clean you really don't have to worry about them. It's the blood eaters you have to worry about.
    Bed bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I did that with a bug for a sense of scale once:

<OMG WTF snip>
    ABBJGGJJAJKSDAKSDJKLAHSDAWSKLGJASJAHHHHHH!
    WTF!
    AJFKLASJSFASHHHHHGAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The thought of one of those in my home is deeply distressing. Naturally, that leads to the thought of it climbing into my bed while I sleep and its millions (BILLIONS) of legs. AHGHGHHGHHGHGHHHHHHHH. Nothing should have that many legs, but centipedes are worse, with their long evil legs. *rocks back and forth in a corner*

The OP should be greatly thankful they only found a beetle. *shudder*
    Bugs just get in sometimes, it could be a fluke. Especially when you live in an apartment of questionable build quality, like mine. >.< Just finding one bug isn't really indicative of anything, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless you see a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Bed bugs?

Had those once... They are hell... and cost you a lot of furniture.

As a result I am incapable of being comfortable somewhere with carpeted floors. Every time I get an itch I get paranoid. I don't like going to public places that have upholstered seats. I'm not comfortable in multiple unit dwellings. Each and every one of those little vampires is like a T1000 coming after your blood and the only way you can kill them is by lowering them into a vat of molten steel.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ewww bed bugs. I hope to god I never get those.

Get it out of your house :| Those white things might be some sort of eggs and even if the bug is dead, it's offspring might not be.

I had to click a topic about bugs. And it had embedded pics. Kinda like how bugs embed...ugh.

Burn it with fire asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspace View Post
    ABBJGGJJAJKSDAKSDJKLAHSDAWSKLGJASJAHHHHHH!
    WTF!
    AJFKLASJSFASHHHHHGAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The thought of one of those in my home is deeply distressing. Naturally, that leads to the thought of it climbing into my bed while I sleep and its millions (BILLIONS) of legs. AHGHGHHGHHGHGHHHHHHHH. Nothing should have that many legs, but centipedes are worse, with their long evil legs. *rocks back and forth in a corner*

The OP should be greatly thankful they only found a beetle. *shudder*
    Bugs just get in sometimes, it could be a fluke. Especially when you live in an apartment of questionable build quality, like mine. >.< Just finding one bug isn't really indicative of anything, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless you see a lot more.
    Awwww, it was just a millipede. Centipedes on the other hand... I hate centipedes and sun spiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Awwww, it was just a millipede. Centipedes on the other hand... I hate centipedes and sun spiders.
    Oh, I know it's just a millipede. Relatively, they're pretty harmless as long as you don't freak them out, and by comparison, centipedes are evil little creatures with large pokey angry bits.

I'm usually not very sensitive about bugs, but having that many legs is wrong. I've been swatting at imaginary itches since I started reading this post.

Deleted
    only way to find out is to eat it! eat itttt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspace View Post
    Oh, I know it's just a millipede. Relatively, they're pretty harmless as long as you don't freak them out, and by comparison, centipedes are evil little creatures with large pokey angry bits.

I'm usually not very sensitive about bugs, but having that many legs is wrong. I've been swatting at imaginary itches since I started reading this post.
    Millipedes are completely harmless actually, they eat leaves and stuff like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go so far as to call them completely harmless. They're kind of cute, actually:

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Millipedes make good fish bait :P

I would go so far as to call them completely harmless. They're kind of cute, actually:
    Oh god what the fuck

Ladies and Gentlemen.... THE BEATLES!

Did finding that Beatle give you a hard day's night? Did you need a little help from your friends to identify it? When you see those, you should step on them and twist and shout. Oh well, Obladi, Oblada, life goes on, brah.

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 05:33 PM ----------

I did that with a bug for a sense of scale once:

that is.... absolutely terrifying. if i saw something like that in my house i would shit myself.