Thread: Hiding Armour

Deleted

Hiding Armour

I'm really chuffed with the armour customisation in-game. I'm really damn happy about hiding shoulderpads, especially considering the ones I kept getting didn't match at all. The only thing I'd actually really like to see is the option to hide gloves. (And if I've missed that, thread is worthless, woohoo!)

Basically, look at this shot:

And compare it to:

To me, the first looks a bit silly, as my character's arms are completely bare, but she's still wearing gloves. I could understand this would work if she were wearing a robe or top with long sleeves (as in the second screenshot), but with a short top, it just looks odd (and made screenshots annoying when I kept forgetting to take the gloves off =p)

I don't think this would be too bad of an idea personally, but I'd be interested to hear opinions. Also, as clarification, I'm not advocating hiding boots, trousers, pants or tops. I'm none too keen on seeing players fighting dragons naked.

Heh, in AoC you could hide every piece of armor. It was rather comical at times.

Hiding gloves wouldn't be too bad though. Put in the suggestion next BWE and see what happens.

Deleted
    I intend to, if I can make it. My new PC will be arriving on the 19th(ish), in perfect time. What I hadn't counted on was my nan turning 90 the same weekend, so I can't miss that =(

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I intend to, if I can make it. My new PC will be arriving on the 19th(ish), in perfect time. What I hadn't counted on was my nan turning 90 the same weekend, so I can't miss that =(
    you could still logon to the forums and post the suggestion as long as you'll have net access. Even if they dont add a specific setting to hide gloves there's always the possibility of a glove item being added to the game that is transparent (and could be transmuted onto any other item)

Gratz on the new pc though I got the last of my parts and finished the build the night before the last stress test and it made a huge difference.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    emily is so shiny

Someone please tell me that isn't a good representation for non 2012 rigs? Those screens look bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Someone please tell me that isn't a good representation for non 2012 rigs? Those screens look bloody awful.
    I guess? The game on low settings will quite obviously not look good, that's kind of what 'low settings' is for. I ran on ultra with a mid-budget early 2011 card, so "non-2012 rigs" is an exaggeration. There are significantly older cards that can run the game at high settings, or at least medium.

Deleted
    Those were taken by a four-year old laptop, on High Defenition Screenshot then zoomed in. Yes, they look bloody awful.

Here are the originals, for reference. And even these are pretty shrunk, I think.

Those were taken by a four-year old laptop, on High Defenition Screenshot then zoomed in. Yes, they look bloody awful.
    That was his only post and he immediately logged out after posting it. I'm going to assume he was just trying to start trouble.

Deleted
    Still, he has a point. Those shots do look terrible, and I'd rather not give out the impression that the graphics are terrible to anyone looking into getting the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That was his only post and he immediately logged out after posting it. I'm going to assume he was just trying to start trouble.
    Delias - Hope you're joking!?
    A work buddy had talked quite a bit about GW2 for the last couple of days so I thought I'd check it out, it so happened that tea was cooking when I made my post, after which I logged to eat.

Agile Emily - Thanks for the larger screens, I didn't realise they were zoomed & cropped images.
    I'm not impressed by the lack of details in the wall behind that guy, but hopefully it's textures that will be improved before launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agile Emily - Thanks for the larger screens, I didn't realise they were zoomed & cropped images.
    I'm not impressed by the lack of details in the wall behind that guy, but hopefully it's textures that will be improved before launch.
    Most likely, the screens were taken on the lowest settings, seeing as how they were taken on a 4 year old lap top computer. The game looked much better to me on my computer on max settings.

And yeah, i'd be nice to be able to hide pieces of gear (within reason).

Hiding gloves and shoulders should be enough in addition to hiding helm (which you already can)
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I don't think this would be too bad of an idea personally, but I'd be interested to hear opinions. Also, as clarification, I'm not advocating hiding boots, trousers, pants or tops. I'm none too keen on seeing players fighting dragons naked.
    I do advocate total freedom of player clothing options.

Anything short of toggable show/hide from the character sheet is a lesser system than games nearly a decade old now and competing more robustly featured games such as Rift or Vindictus.

Delias - Hope you're joking!?
    A work buddy had talked quite a bit about GW2 for the last couple of days so I thought I'd check it out, it so happened that tea was cooking when I made my post, after which I logged to eat.
    /shrug. We get plenty of trolls in these subforums, when someone says something negative and immediately leaves I generally assume they are one as well.

Again, Agile is on lower settings. Lack of details on low settings is a given.
    http://i.imgur.com/EM9qg.jpg

Deleted
    Yup, lowest settings. I really want to try and get even an hour on the BWE with my new desktop, as I reckon it can run high/max settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, he has a point. Those shots do look terrible, and I'd rather not give out the impression that the graphics are terrible to anyone looking into getting the game.
    They look fine. Compared to WoW, GW2 on all Low settings still looks better than WoW on Ultra!

But yes, I wish I could hide more on my characters. Options are good!