View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
16. This poll is closed
  • Definetly its inovation At its peak!

8 50.00%
  • Hmmm i guess maybe?

2 12.50%
  • Il wait for more Info right now im not sure. no?

1 6.25%
  • No way lol

1 6.25%
  • Not A chance it will Crash and burn like the rest

4 25.00%

With the Current Fall of old and new mmorpg's Does Gw2 seem more appealing?

bassicaly title say's it all im not intending to troll i just want to know how people who have quit mmorpg's that promised things they couldnt keep or have rushed things that ended up have a fair player base quit this thread is directed to people that played

Rift - dont blame them Trion could of done better

Warhammer online - this could of been the new king
    SWTOR - I heard its failing miserably but i could be wrong
    Wow. - started off amazingly but these days blizzard just doesent want to share anymore love
    AOC - we all know what went wrong there.
    Aion - A case of we promised something that we couldnt keep.
    FF14 - Played it on the first day and i quit the same day.

I'v Played all of those and more and it seems to me that apart from wow the rest were harshly rushed i respect arenanet's "it will come out when we think its ready" attitude that's the type to win player's over my brother played the demo of gw2 and showed me the footage and i have to say it seems more playable then swtor in its full release. (not intended to offend anyone but it is the truth considering i play swtor now and then)) RIFT imo could of done better considering they leeched off gw2's dynamic events feature they couldnt get it right. Warhammer online was a disaster stutering movements unbalanced charecter's to a point where you needed a warband to kill 1 rr 90 armored charecter ((sorry to those of you who dont know what that means)) World of warcraft pre bc was probably one of the happyest times of my life. during bc i wanted pre bc back but during wrath i wanted bc back and cataclysym well that was the final nail in the coffin. Aion i was disgusted with bassicaly they said it was easy to level it wont be a grind etc and whts this 1 week in it turns out to be a korean grind game.........

FF14 i just didnt understand the mechanic towards it i think square enix is doing good by re doing FF11 with fancy graphics etc. after all these trips and turns and following gw2 for year's i feel like il be comming home after going around the world and loosing all my stuff only to come back to a warm welcome where everything is right arenanet always keep there promise's not to mention they have developers that worked on diablo sc/wc/wow and from mythic bioware etc comming all togethere to make this 1 new game that appeals to all. you really have nothing to lose imo haha guess im sounding like a fanboy but can you really say i dont have reason to be?. there is more then enough footage in gw2 to have a majority of us going hyper and for good reason to.

could gw2 be that Light at the end of the tunnel where there were several door's that just wouldnt open..
    Last edited by vilereaver41; 2012-02-09 at 05:43 AM.

This probably isn't going to end well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    This probably isn't going to end well.
    Agreed.

On Topic:
    Guild wars has a lot of amazing ideas, and I have heard several people who have played the game praise ANET for for them, but have never heard a person criticize them for anything (That has been played) Still I with-hold my vote until I can play the game myself.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

An OP riddled with terrible grammar, numerous misspelled words and a horrible color palette that makes the eyes bleed. I don't even know what it's about, and I don't give a fuck. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

SWTOR has 1.7 million subscribers, i don't see how that is failing

What are you trying to say OP? That you think all other MMOs on the market fail and you are wondering if GW2 is going to be YOUR new MMO? Shouldn't you then say 'I think' and have posted this in the GW2 section?

And those colors are horrible.

PS -> I enjoy your 'I've played all of these and more' and your blurb about SW:TOR is 'I've heard its failing but I could be wrong'.

So you have played most of them? Or are you just going off what random people on the internet say when the angry minority always makes something out to be much worse than it is? I'm not sure what you are even looking for in a game? You went into some traveling around the world theory then stated that Anet is the only producer to 'keep all their promises'? Then you call yourself a fanboy and admit this is nothing but a post about GW2... so again, why isn't this in the GW2 forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    I will probably play it the first month, like all games, and then sell it, and buy a new one the next month
    I seem to be in this same boat lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohleemar View Post
    An OP riddled with terrible grammar, numerous misspelled words and a horrible color palette that makes the eyes bleed. I don't even know what it's about, and I don't give a fuck. KILL IT WITH FIRE.
    reported

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    What are you trying to say OP? That you think all other MMOs on the market fail and you are wondering if GW2 is going to be YOUR new MMO? Shouldn't you then say 'I think' and have posted this in the GW2 section?

And those colors are horrible.

PS -> I enjoy your 'I've played all of these and more' and your blurb about SW:TOR is 'I've heard its failing but I could be wrong'.

So you have played most of them? Or are you just going off what random people on the internet say when the angry minority always makes something out to be much worse than it is? I'm not sure what you are even looking for in a game? You went into some traveling around the world theory then stated that Anet is the only producer to 'keep all their promises'? Then you call yourself a fanboy and admit this is nothing but a post about GW2... so again, why isn't this in the GW2 forum?

wow i expected someone to come out swords blazing but could you stay on topic instead of trying to insult me?. i admited it so get over it lol. im saying anet seem to care and keep there promises the footage looks fluid and everyone who plays it enjoy's it. those that criticize gw2 no little to nothing about it. let me ask you something am i wrong saying those games are failing? what happend to warhammer what happend to aion aoc ff14 ?

Deleted
    This indeed isn't going to end well...

The only think i can do is but my faith that Arenanet can deliver on what they promised. I was (and still am) one of the people who actually enjoyed the first game and i am anxiously observing the development progress of this game but in the end all i can do is hope that i will have fun playing it (which is all that matters to me).

Quote Originally Posted by vilereaver41 View Post
    wow i expected someone to come out swords blazing but could you stay on topic instead of trying to insult me?. i admited it so get over it lol. im saying anet seem to care and keep there promises the footage looks fluid and everyone who plays it enjoy's it. those that criticize gw2 no little to nothing about it. let me ask you something am i wrong saying those games are failing? what happend to warhammer what happend to aion aoc ff14 ?
    I have a blazing sword? Cool.

How did I try to insult you? You are promoting your opinion as facts, and contradicting yourself in the very first post in the thread. I don't care about Warhammer because I don't play MMO PVP. I don't care about Aion for the same reason. I understand AoC has a very commited raiding scene, you wont see anyone leveling but you can find raids at high levels if you roll on high-pop servers. I didn't play it much past level 20 because the GF didn't like it, and we played at launch when it was buggy, like all MMOs. FF14 was terrible at launch, but props to Square-Enix, they gave almost a year of free play while they fixed the issues. If I had more time I would go back and try it out.

SW:TOR is, from what I can tell, doing well.
    WoW is still the Juggernaut of MMO's.
    Rift is actually a pretty fun game now that there are some guides to the classes since some of them are pretty damn confusing on launch.

I'm looking forward to GW2, but deciding that it is the end-all be-all of MMO's is a foolish thing to do since you will be disappointed. That is a huge problem with the Hype Machine around MMOs (and lots of other games), people begin to expect they are going to be the best thing ever, aren't instantly orgasming the second they play the game, and go to the forums and yell about how much it sucks over and over and over again, meanwhile people who enjoy the games quietly play them.

I'm also interested in how you can say 'everyone who plays it enjoys it' since there is a NDA in effect and the only people playing it were for 20 minutes on a game show floor (every single MMO you listed was pretty awesome in the first 20 minutes), and the press JUST got their beta invites with 11 more days on the NDA.

Yeah, closing this before it gets out of hand, it's basically inviting flamefests.