The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Need advice for my Ret

Alright, through all Cataclysm I played Prot, I literaly haven't played Ret since WoTLK. Recently with LFR I wanted to try something different and started playing Ret just for fun and see how I stand compared to people in LFR. I've researched quite a bit on Ret, I think I got it right, from rotations/priority to stat weights. But I justo don't feel like I am pulling numbers and not milking every last of bit of my gear. One of my main problems I think is burn phase, especially when you get TONS of procs of DP and Art of War, I try to go with this priority HoW>Exo>TV>CS in this case, but sometimes I find I use TV from proc with like 0.7sec CD left on my HoW, so I go through GCD and I am not sure if it's best choice or not, am I doing it right or should I ignore TV and wait 0.7sec for CD on HoW?

Because If I compare myself to DK/Lock in my normal group, I am 3-4k DPS behind them on fights like Ultra (ofcourse it's LFR and Normal, but I do LFR Ultra properly and can't see how it is different to normal mechanics wise). They are maybe 9-10 ilvls above me, but I really doubt it would make up for 4k DPS difference, since my main pieces of gear are ilvl397 and I have T13 4 set. Another thing that might affect it is my latency, I am currently in SEA, and play with AU guild, lately my latency is somewhere in 170-220ms range vs. 150-170ms for my Aussie guildies, during WoTLK I was in EU and was playing on EU server, how latency affect Ret in general?

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rrius/advanced
    Recent WoL (LFR + some PUG Firelands): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/164222/
    Last edited by Larrius; 2012-01-21 at 06:57 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly haven't read my post, I posted my priority for Burn Phase under Wings + Zealotry and just asked should I use TV over HoW if CD on HoW is <GCD.
    Last edited by Larrius; 2012-01-21 at 07:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    You clearly haven't read my post, I posted my priority for Burn Phase under Wings + Zealotry and just asked should I use TV over HoW if CD on HoW is <GCD.
    Under Wings and Zealotry you should never be using a HoW over a TV in fact the only thing you should use over a TV is CS unless there is half a second or more to your next CS then a filler might be the correct move at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I always thought HoW is prime nuke during wings, unless it's deamon or undead. Any other useful tips for me and my gear? What are the numbers I should be pulling on fights like Ultra? Is my DD up to my gear according to logs?
    Last edited by Larrius; 2012-01-21 at 09:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I always thought HoW is prime nuke during wings, unless it's deamon or undead. Any other useful tips for me and my gear? What are the numbers I should be pulling on fights like Ultra? Is my DD up to my gear according to logs?
    Unfortunately LFR doesn't show a real consistent state of DPS a log of Raid DPS would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at Ultraxion, any reason why inquisition fell off near the end of the fight? Also if you know the fight is longer than 5 min, you should be popping Guardian of the Ancient Kings at least twice, and it's better to pop it on pull after prepot.
    Also, on a fight like Ultra on lfr, you can definitely stay in for hour of twilight and you take minimal damage whenever you can use glyphed Divine Protection. Of course you can't do that on normal/heroic, but you can Divine Shield one of the Hour of Twilight if your raid needs you to soak one. Also on normal/heroic, you would get fading light, and depending on the number of times you get it, and how much time left on your fading light when you hit heroic will button, your dps could be considerably lower than on lfr.
    Last edited by Berianther; 2012-01-21 at 08:43 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I went to Ret MS in last few weeks, I seem pretty fine on DPS, usually #5-6 (in 25man). But I noticed one strange thing: on most of the fights my Hand of Light doing more damage than my TV, I am not sure why, other Ret in raid has more Damage done with TV and not Hand of Light as well as many other Rets on WoL. I don't know if it's my rotation or something to do with my gear? I talked to other Ret in guild, our rotations pretty much same, except that he is ilvl399 equiped and have Heroic Bone-Link Flash equiped compared to my ilvl378 from Well of Etirnity.

Also I am on new realm now, so here is new link to armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rrius/advanced

Other Ret armory (might be in his PvP/town set): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ousqt/advanced

Current guild logs are private so here is screenshot of HM Domo we did yesterday in my current gear:

Upd:

Since Domo attempt could be a bit unaccurate due to stacking damage buff, here is Rag kill:

Last edited by Larrius; 2012-02-10 at 06:25 AM.

when you reach a certain mastery level hand of light starts to overtake templars verdict since it works off of templars verdict and crusader strike. Its normal.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

They reduced the crit chance of HoW so I now actually will use Exo > HoW always. It seems strange to a lot of people but I built Mastery > Haste > Crit since I can get over 1k haste (not viable for everyone). This allows me to hit with exorcism and keep the dot on the target since a haste build leads to more exorcism procs. Even without a haste build I find that Exo > HoW since the dot is affected by 38% more damage (20% extra damage from avenging wrath and 18% extra from t13 4 piece).