10+ Year Old Account

Dragon quest 8 help.

So i decided to dust off my ps2, and play dq8. I need some help on picking skills for each character, and want to know if Jessica should just attack with weapons or if the damaging magic in this game is worth it. Ive never gotten past 20 before, so anything you could tell me would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say her damaging magic is worth it but she's good with weapons too if you raise her dagger skills high enough she can use swords, though the miracle sword and uber miracle sword is the strongest she can equip.The magic is definitely worth it if you want to go that route she also has the option to use whips which are pretty good for aoe as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I would say her damaging magic is worth it but she's good with weapons too if you raise her dagger skills high enough she can use swords, though the miracle sword and uber miracle sword is the strongest she can equip.The magic is definitely worth it if you want to go that route she also has the option to use whips which are pretty good for aoe as well.
    If i want her to be a pure mage, would she use staves or whips? Staff would give her more mana i think, but the whips do good damage i know. Im looking for advice on a good skill point map for each character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you get more mana from equipping them, not sure however its been a long time since I played don't have a ps2 at the moment so I cant really test and see.Look up a dragon quest 8 faq,that's probably the best info I can give you sorry if I wasn't much help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I don't think you get more mana from equipping them, not sure however its been a long time since I played don't have a ps2 at the moment so I cant really test and see.Look up a dragon quest 8 faq,that's probably the best info I can give you sorry if I wasn't much help.
    Its ok, i found some faqs, but i wanted to see if anyone on mmochamp could give me some advice before i begin distributing points.