Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertony67 View Post
    It IS expensive especially when I only play on the weekends from time to time.

Actually, a big part of why I decided to do this is because I do not have time to sit in front of the computer without interruption. So I started 5boxing and that worked well and I could AFK to answer calls or get things done on my own time. Then it turned into 10boxing but the content was too hard (I only downed morchok) since I had crappy gear on most toons. Then when I heard about LFR, I thought if I could clear that plus Alizabal that's 600 valor right there on less than 2-3 hours spent a week... so there's that logic and I thought the money I spent would make sense so that I can keep a hobby with minimal time spent as well as not get derailed from work and family things and all that... lol... so, yeah, I think it's expensive too. It's a conscious choice I would say. Not sure if I would level all of them up to 90 though.. lol

This ^ is why i wish they would make an hourly payment method which you could chose to go with instead of just a flat monthly fee.

If they did that I would consider renewing my sub because this expansion it got to the point that I was only playing a few hours on the weekend (after a leveled a few alts for raiding since I couldn't find anyone who would take my ret paladin raiding until 4.2)
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Drinking beer for 6 hours is not social interaction ....

And from the sounds of it, he plays for like 2-3 hours per week.

Jeez man.
    Drinking beer in a pub / club IS social interaction, have you never done it before?

25 accounts for 1 player... overkill much? That's why Blizz has so many active subscriptions... 25 accounts per player!!!

But honestly gearing up 25 alts just for LFD and spending so much money/month you could have saved up and bought a dirt bike and done some wicked stuff... I honestly am horrified of people that multibox. I mean this game is... a game first of all and an MMO which implies doing things with others. Talk about the forever alone meme lol :P

Disclaimer: I don't mean the words as offensive however multiboxing raids and gearing dozen of alts JUST for that has long crossed the border into addiction and should not be encouraged. (Heck I think drugs would of been cheaper than the subscription and games for your 25alts...)

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Drinking beer in a pub / club IS social interaction, have you never done it before?
    A pub/club is a lot like WoW to be quite honest with you. Once you leave the pub/club majority of people couldn't care less. Same shit with WoW...when you're in...people are like associates, not real friends...once you leave the WoW world...these people are non-existent to you. Same thing with pubs. It's even worse in pubs/clubs because there are so many fake people trying to be something they're not....at least in WoW if someone tries to be something they're not they get called out.

Nice Job, very interesting. Pretty impressive getting all of that out of one rig as well. I love seeing fun little projects within wow like this, especially ones that push the tech aspect a bit. I bet those macros are a blast to write

To those hating on the money aspect get a better job you lazy bums. I waste more money than that in gas, beer and good (high end non-necessity) food in a month. Still if you've got a 350 a month entertainment budget spend it how you will. For those dirty hipsters complaining about saving pennies maybe your time is better spent away from MMO forums :P Something tells me this guy does well enough to blow 350 a month on general entertainment just from his monitor profile pic

Going to the bar is a social environment where no one gives a shit about you...similiar to wow. The pub and bar is only a social outting if you take friends...try going alone sometime if you make a "friend" that isn't a bartender or you didn't buy drinks for I'll be impressed.

Deleted
    impressive mate

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Disclaimer: I don't mean the words as offensive however multiboxing raids and gearing dozen of alts JUST for that has long crossed the border into addiction and should not be encouraged. (Heck I think drugs would of been cheaper than the subscription and games for your 25alts...)
    Another guy here with little to no life experience.

Drug addiction can cost people hundreds and even THOUSANDS of dollars PER day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, that's pretty damn damn impressive, congratz on the feat, also considering the money he spends on all 25 accounts.....wow... I barely scratch my ass for 12.99EUR / month at times...

Just thinking that here in Romania the "just out of a 5 year university" will get you 200EUR / month at max as a fresh master degree graduate... And people within their 30s with some years of experience barely get 1000EUR / month working in a high profile bank which usually reaches its max level of salary you can get here in Romania...
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    Holy crap, that's pretty damn damn impressive, congratz on the feat, also considering the money he spends on all 25 accounts.....wow... I barely scratch my ass for 12.99EUR / month at times...

Just thinking that here in Romania the "just out of a 5 year university" will get you 200EUR / month at max as a fresh master degree graduate... And people within their 30s with some years of experience barely get 1000EUR / month working in a high profile bank which usually reaches its max level of salary you can get here in Romania...
    That's because you live in Romania bro. Thats your country....

A 5 year out of uni person in Australia on a MASTERS will easily get 70,000+ AUD (better than the USD atm) as a minimum.

Absolutely impressing, gratz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Why are people going nuts over $375/month on a hobby? I have friends that spend that amount of money on a night in the city.
    Because your "friend" does it, we should suddenly find it normal? Nobody was trolling him on how much he spended, but it I was surprised myself..375 euros is a lot, and if you think otherwise you must be rather spoiled.

Ontopic, this guy would be rich if he put his shams up for hire during sunwell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primusl0l View Post
    A pub/club is a lot like WoW to be quite honest with you. Once you leave the pub/club majority of people couldn't care less. Same shit with WoW...when you're in...people are like associates, not real friends...once you leave the WoW world...these people are non-existent to you. Same thing with pubs. It's even worse in pubs/clubs because there are so many fake people trying to be something they're not....at least in WoW if someone tries to be something they're not they get called out.
    Person to person interaction, even if it's an arguement, is better for you than avatar to avatar in a virtual world. Do you really think it's a coincidence that the majority of gamers are homophobic / sexist / racist and repeat memes all day? They have no social skills and are ignorant to the outside world.

Please stop you pretend TV psychiatrist. You don't know anything about drug addiction or addiction generally...comparing video game addiction to drug addiction in any fashion only makes you look stupid and ignorant. Drug addiction is way way more expensive and actually deteriorates your physical body in a way gaming never could unless you eat really poorly, I mean really poorly. Still this is a fools statement and people should really think before they make the most far fetch comparison ever. That's like comparing the NFL to your sunday pick up game. Sure they are both participating in sports but lets be real one is on a totally different level.

Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    Well salary levels are different everywhere, I'm from Sweden and got a low salary, no education needed job and I make around €2250 a month and our salary rates are quite low compared to for example our neighbors Norway.
    However just as Norway is more expensive to live in than Sweden I'm sure Sweden is a lot more expensive to live in than Romania

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Person to person interaction, even if it's an arguement, is better for you than avatar to avatar in a virtual world. Do you really think it's a coincidence that the majority of gamers are homophobic / sexist / racist and repeat memes all day? They have no social skills and are ignorant to the outside world.
    Been to a bar recently because there are a ton of homophobic/sexist/racists at a bar and most of them are willing to punch you in the face to prove that point. Another ignorant comment. Go to a bar if you don't hear someone use a racial slur, homophobic term, or derogatory sexist term you are deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by primusl0l View Post
    Another guy here with little to no life experience.

Drug addiction can cost people hundreds and even THOUSANDS of dollars PER day.
    You some kind of a blind person mr. kangaroo? Did you grow up in a cave? Prices aren't universal across the globe and even in Canada paying 350+ dolars per month on a VIDEO GAME (a single one mind you) is ridiculous.

As for drugs well I'm not a junkie so if you say so you must know. Oh and maybe you should go to some pubs/clubs because if you think playing wow is social interactions then you've forgotten what it is to actually go out. Oh and you're supposed to bring the girl home after the club or rock it at her place not to "leave alone and be forgotten". That's for losers.

As for drugs well I'm not a junkie so if you say so you must know. Oh and maybe you should go to some pubs/clubs because if you think playing wow is social interactions then you've forgotten what it is to actually go out. Oh and you're supposed to bring the girl home after the club or rock it at her place not to "leave alone and be forgotten". That's for losers.
    Not a junkie just trolling for dick rot instead, much better. I imagine you meet lots of classy ladies this way, I know I sure did. Ladies you'd be proud to know.

You some kind of a blind person mr. kangaroo? Did you grow up in a cave? Prices aren't universal across the globe and even in Canada paying 350+ dolars per month on a VIDEO GAME (a single one mind you) is ridiculous.

Arguing on WoW forum. Calls other person loser. Pot. Kettle. Black.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's imba! I've always liked multiboxing, but have only tried dualboxing myself. C: I'd never pay for 25 accounts tho, so much better things to buy o.O

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Was there any loot drama?