Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I wouldn't mind. Majora's Mask was a really great game while deviating from the standard formula.

15+ Year Old Account
    Changing great things mostly make it worse.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

I think most of the Zelda story and dungeon arcs are fine. What it needs is harder content for players, more master quest versions, harder boss fights, dungeon re-organization so dungeon are a different layout each time you do them yet still the same theme and concept (to increase replay value), and more controllable characters other than Link (example, let us play as Zelda for a dungeon or two, or have the ability to switch out people at the least).

I also think some rebuilds can be done, like a 3-D HD Link to the Past for example. I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    What it needs is harder content for players, more master quest versions, harder boss fights, dungeon re-organization so dungeon are a different layout each time you do them yet still the same theme and concept (to increase replay value), and more controllable characters other than Link (example, let us play as Zelda for a dungeon or two, or have the ability to switch out people at the least).
    I kind of agree with something like this. I like how in MM using masks was like "changing characters" which is something I found very fun and I wouldn't mind seeing again.

I definitely agree on a mode harder content. Although I have yet to try out Skyward Sword's hero mode, so I can't really make a judgement on difficulty, but I'd say self-imposed handicaps usually introduces a challenge, but it would be nice to not have resort to these handicaps to make it challenging, because it sucks when doing a 3-heart challenge and you accidentally open chests with Heart Pieces.

I think most of the Zelda story and dungeon arcs are fine. What it needs is harder content for players, more master quest versions, harder boss fights, dungeon re-organization so dungeon are a different layout each time you do them yet still the same theme and concept (to increase replay value), and more controllable characters other than Link (example, let us play as Zelda for a dungeon or two, or have the ability to switch out people at the least).
    Skyward Sword hero mode is pretty tough, especially for things like the Thunder Dragon boss challenge. Other games having hard modes would've been nice though, especially for Twilight Princess which was way too easy (still enjoyed it, but the difficulty was a joke). Either way, I still enjoy replaying most Zelda games.

There's been a few games where you control another character, or at least an alternate form of Link. In Spirit Tracks you control Phantom Zelda sometimes, and in Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess you have the masks/wolf form. And then there were those two unmentionable games where you controlled Zelda...and we all know how those turned out.

Also, I think a steampunk Zelda would be cool. It'd be a nice change without being too different, maybe for a handheld game. We already have steam boats and trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    A Link to the Past - It's been a while since I played this, but as I recall, you save Zelda in the very beginning, then you go on to save a bunch of other people and save the damn world again.
    She gets captured early, you get Master Sword, try to save her, she gets electricuted into the dark world, in dark world you save the 7 maidens who are the decendants of the seven sages (or seven wise men in original), defeat gannon in the last dungeon and acquire the big cheese.

Game had like 3 light world dungeons and 7 or 8 dark world dungeons and each one was epic as hell, play this game again right now.

i think this is the chronological order of the Zelda games as they were released. [memory is a little hazy] **possible spoilers**

Nes-LoZ- the princess charges you to collect the pieces of the triforce of wisdom to counter gannon's triforce of power.... never gets captured.
    Nes-AoL- after the events in LoZ, Zelda's hand maiden, impa, notices the triforce mark on your hand, and tells you the story of the "sleeping beauty" zelda. Shes doomed to sleep until the "hero" finds the Triforce of Courage in the Great temple. even the final boss, Dark link, is about having the courage to defeat yourself.
    CD-I--- no idea of the plot, never played.
    SNES- LttP- zelda calls to you to save her. you lead her to a sancuary and go off to find pendants and get the master sword. afterward she is captured and is the final "maiden" that you rescue in the dark world from Trinexx [i think... turtle rock boss] before going to ganon's tower to chalange aghanim, and finally ganon.
    GB-LA- you get shipwrecked on an island and must find insturments to awaken the windfish so you can leave the island.
    N64-OOT- the hero collects the three spiritual stones in an attempt to beat ganon to the triforce. however due to the enchantments placed on the master sword, ganon is allowed to obtain it first and zelda ends up going into hiding. after defeating all the temples and awakening all the sages, zelda reveals herself and is captured prior to the final showdown with ganon.
    N64-MM- after turning in his mantle as hero of time, link goes off to find a lost friend[presumably navi] and is attacked by skull kid. Tricked to traveling to the parallel dimention of terminia link discovers that the moon will destroy the world in 3 days and must relive them indefinatly until he can finally stop the worlds destruction.[zelda only plays a camo here in teaching link the song of time]
    GBC-OOA- the triforce sends link to the land of labrinia to assure the safety of Nayru, the oracle of ages, from the forces of darkness. When Nayru is possessed, and queen Ambi afterwards, Link quests to find the essences of time to create a seed that contains the power to defeat Varan, sorceress of sorrow. This game links with OOS to create 2 different story lines depending on which game is played first.
    GBC-OOS- Triforce sends link to Holodrum to assure the safety of Din, the Oracle of Seasons, from the forces of darkness. when she is captured and the temple of seasons is submerged the forces of nature go haywire and link must obtain the essances of nature to set them right before going to defeat Onyx, General of darkness. As above this game links to create 2 storylines depending on which is played first. you discover that twinrova is actually using the 2 endbosses to preform a ritual to revive ganon. Zelda is captured in the 2nd game when linked and her blood is needed as a final sacrifice to resurect ganon.
    GCN-WW- After the world is covered by a flood, link travels the vast ocean in search of his sister, aeryl, whom was taken by a giant bird, king helmaroc. As per ganon's orders, the bird is searching for the reincarnation of zelda, using pointy ears as the only criteria. later on, link discovers who that is and with her help defeats ganon.
    GBA/GCN- four swords, the wind sorcerer, Vatti has captured zelda and link must set on a journey to defeat his forces and rescue her.
    GBA- MC- this game tells the origins of Vaati as a minish, Tiny little "borrower" creatures that created the picori blade that later becomes the Four Sword. Zelda is turned to stone when vatti senses her golden power and is later returned to normal with the power of the Energized Picori blade. Vatti later possesses the king and a final confrontation is soon at hand.
    GCN-TP- the twilight realm tries to overtake the light realm, link sets on a journey to restore the balance between the worlds from king Zant, whom is discovered to be nothing more then Ganon's Minon.
    NDS-Phantom Hourglass- after the events of WW, Link and tetra set off to find a "hyrule" of their own. As they investigate the stories of a nearby ghost ship, tetra falls overboard and link leaps afterher. he awakens shipwrecked on an island and discovers maladus[i think] is plaguing the land and decides to help by going off to fight him while searching for Tetra.
    NDS- Spirit Tracks- taking place later in the timeline after land is discovered and a new "hyrule" is created. Zelda is kidnapped to resurect a Demon king, severing her soul in the process. as a ghost, zelda, and link end up traveling around the land to find her body and stop the ritual from taking place.
    Wii-SS- taking place well before the events of OOT before hyrule was formed, link is a knight that travels to the unknown ground below his home of skyloft to find his classmate Zelda after she falls off her bird and heads to the land below. As he journeys the origins of the known universe are revealed.

**end possible spoilers**
    I think I covered all of them.. minus the ports [virtual console/re releases]

all in all, I loved all of them. only problem I had was the fact the bosses were too easy in the 3d games. However, that problem was rectified with SS, toughest 3D bosses in a zelda game in a long time.

I like the way the game is now, although I can say that if they were to reboot it somehow in a good way, that wouldn't be bad either. Although I do still like it the way it is, somewhat.

for those complaining about the difficulty: they have been adressing this by implementing some kind of hardmode after you completed the normal difficulty once.
    i didnt try it out, but it sounds like it could be a bit more challenging.

btw i really liked the more immersed storytellking from skyward sword and im looking forward to an even more cutscened sequel

10+ Year Old Account
    im under the impression that just about every LOZ is revamp of the series. minis TP anyways, just about every game does something different with story or mechanics. also MOR motion controls plox SS made me fall in love with motion controls and i dont think i can ever go back to pushing buttons as i explore hyrule ever again
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Deleted
    I love Zelda and I agree we need something different, but it's kinda hard with a game that's so steadily rooted in its concept. Maybe a Zelda in 2d sidescroller style in some fancy, mystical cel-shade style? Could be much focus on the combat system and have it like in a fighting game while combining this with a platformer (Think something kinda like SSB but you know, not set in a small arena). There are many options and imagination is the only limit. I know Miyamoto has alot imagination in him, at least had

10+ Year Old Account
    if you change it, then it isnt Zelda anymore and you may as well call it happyfuntimeblahblahblahswordthingblahblaheverythingelseimitator.

face it, you buy your games based on the name.

How about a legend of Zelda where you play as Zelda, CDI did it twice

wait I think I just ruined any chance of that happening

Quote Originally Posted by Hekto View Post
    the only thing the zelda series needs is less motion controls, and more original controllers.

This and only this. Some will want drastic change, some (like me) like the formula and would like the series to remain much the same. I will not however buy another Zelda until they get rid of the motion control nonsense. Skyward Sword was, sadly, the first Zelda game that I didn't buy on release day since the first one came out when I was five years old.

Deleted
    Well actually, there are not to few explanations why he is wearing those green clothes.

In the beginning, in Skyward Sword, there's a new colour for the Knight Academy's graduates each year. And it was green, when Link became knight.

In OoT (and therefore Majora's Mask, of course) Link grew up in the Kokiri Forests, where everyone has green clothes.

In The Wind Waker (and of course Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks) every grown up boy is wrapped in green clothes, because everyone hopes and waits for the chosen hero, who always had green clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekbat View Post
    I love Zelda and I agree we need something different, but it's kinda hard with a game that's so steadily rooted in its concept. Maybe a Zelda in 2d sidescroller style in some fancy, mystical cel-shade style? Could be much focus on the combat system and have it like in a fighting game while combining this with a platformer (Think something kinda like SSB but you know, not set in a small arena). There are many options and imagination is the only limit. I know Miyamoto has alot imagination in him, at least had
    Sidescroller Zelda games have already happened, and they were awful. Zelda II, and the CD-I games. Those are one reason Zelda should stay as it is.

This and only this. Some will want drastic change, some (like me) like the formula and would like the series to remain much the same. I will not however buy another Zelda until they get rid of the motion control nonsense. Skyward Sword was, sadly, the first Zelda game that I didn't buy on release day since the first one came out when I was five years old.
    Have you tried it though? Because you definitely should. The story is awesome, and the motion controls work really well. I played Majora's Mask right after finish Skyward Sword, and found it tough to go back to button mashing. If the next game isn't motion-controlled I'll be disappointed. It made combat a lot more fun, and is the main reason Skyward Sword is my favourite game. Oh well, I guess some people just don't like it for whatever reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    If anything, the Super Mario series needs a "reboot" because pretty much EVERY SINGLE GAME is about saving Princess Peach, besides some spin-off series or party games.

Legend of Zelda is fine, honestly.
    last 2 console games for mario.. mario galaxy 1 & 2. you want to change games that brilliant? are you freakin kidding me.

*edit* i guess if you mean New super mario Wii.. then i think thats more about introducing a new generation of players to mario. (hilarious to play while drinking with a mate before a night out though)

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 01:03 AM ----------

zelda almost always feels different to the last. I see no need to "reboot" the game.. i think you just need to find another game.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-02-12 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    last 2 console games for mario.. mario galaxy 1 & 2. you want to change games that brilliant? are you freakin kidding me.

*edit* i guess if you mean New super mario Wii.. then i think thats more about introducing a new generation of players to mario. (hilarious to play while drinking with a mate before a night out though)
    Or because the last side-scrolling game was on the SNES. There were 14 years between the Wii game and Yoshi's Island, and 19 years between the Wii game and Super Mario World. Even if you count the DS game, that's 11 years since a side scrolling Mario. They were just returning to their roots.

But between the RPG games, Mario Kart, Mario Party, 2D platformers, 3D platformers, and everything else, Mario is probably the most diverse character/series ever. And it's not about the story in most of the games, it's about the gameplay.

15+ Year Old Account
    what I don't understand is how many people are so butthurt and "LIKE YOUR GAY FOR SUGGESTING SUCH A THING LOL".

Things change. We've seen this with the evolution of series such as the Elder Scrolls. From Arena to Skyrim, the game has substantially changed, ranging from mechanics to skills. Things change.

Zelda is due for a change. I'm not saying we need to remove Zelda from the game, obviously, it's ABOUT Zelda. Although I'm not sure why Majora's Mask was called the Legend of Zelda, since Zelda is only mentioned in the game literally 1 time after the first 3 days. Regardless, things change, and it's good.

I think a Zelda game that had a more open concept would be refreshing. I hate being so linear with my Zelda games. I don't see why we can't have multiple story paths, or why we can't choose what temple to go to first/second/third/etc. I would like Zelda to become an RPG. It is NOT an RPG, and anyone who says that simply does not know what an RPG is. Zelda is a Action/Adventure hack n slash puzzle game. It has virtually zero RPG elements.

-No customization
    -Completely linear story progression
    -No options in dialogue, it's just a cutscene
    -No way to change or impact the story, you are in a cut and dry linear progression

I think if they changed up those factors, Zelda would become a LOT more fun. Upgradeable tunics akin to OoT, but with some that have defense bonuses, stats, etc. The ability to change or finish the main quest in multiple ways. The ability to go off the beaten path and do sidequest akin to The Elder Scrolls series.

I don't see how implementing these changes would be "bad" for Zelda. It's not like I'm suggesting a Zelda MMO, that doesn't even make sense. But give us some freedom, some customization, some RPG elements.

As for all of the clowns who keep asking me if I've played Skyward Sword, read the first post. I stated that twice. I have beaten every single Zelda game except the minish cap.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2012-02-12 at 01:20 AM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post

oh my, are you crazy? horizontal and vertikal strikes + stitching (plus enemies who only can hit by one of the named possibilities) were hilarious innovations. The game became so much more complex and hard (just hitting one button is too easy). And I like my games difficult. If you prefer one-button games, you obviously don't. So you are one LFR guys.

Besides, I don't want to live without vertikal/horizontal godess powered flying stripes any more.