10+ Year Old Account

Thinking about coming back

I started playing Rift when it first came out last year and I played it for while but I just got a little bored. I got a mage to level 43 and a rogue to level 28 but it was kind of similar to WoW so I stopped playing. But I've been wanting to play again so my question is, I played on Regulos US and I was wondering if it's still a good server.

Also I heard there were free server transfers just wondering if that was true, in case Regulos is a low population server now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beggattron View Post
    I started playing Rift when it first came out last year and I played it for while but I just got a little bored. I got a mage to level 43 and a rogue to level 28 but it was kind of similar to WoW so I stopped playing. But I've been wanting to play again so my question is, I played on Regulos US and I was wondering if it's still a good server.

Also I heard there were free server transfers just wondering if that was true, in case Regulos is a low population server now.
    Regulos no longer exists, you will be prompted to move servers when you log in. If you were in a guild when you last played you will be told which server that guild moved to and upon moving there auto join them (if the guild still exists).

There are quite a few medium and high population realms, take a look at www.riftstatus.net/shards/na/stats

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot man.

When taking a look at that chart in Tarien's link, look more at the list to the left, as those are the shards that you can choose to play on, but look to the large chart to check out the population. From what I have heard, most of the high-pop (orange) servers are locked down on transfers, except for Faeblight. And many players on Faeblight are hating that they haven't been locked from transfers yet. People keep transferring all the damn time, bogging down the server and making it damn near unplayable during evening time (4-5 second latency between the button push and the spell actually being used). And if you notice, Faeblight is the only orange colored name to constantly have a positive number in population change.

So, if you decide to play again, and transfer your characters, do yourself and others a favor and go to a server that isn't Faeblight. Not saying that against you, but you will be happier on a different shard. Trion really needs to do something about Faeblight. I seriously do not want to transfer off that server, but I might just do that to get away from the horrendous lag so many people are creating because the server is overloaded.

Also I believe you can free transfer between servers once a week anyway. So if you don't like your new server you can just wait a week and transfer again.