10+ Year Old Account

Steam and mass effect

I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a copy of mass effect 1 from steam. I'd like to go through the games over again. My question is will I be able to carry my saved games over from my steam copy of mass effect into mass effect 2 (which is an actual hard copy of the game not on steam) and then to mass effect 3 on Origin.

See if you can import Mass Effect 2 into your steam library.

Isn't it just a matter of save files? Surely those aren't different between the two versions?

If so, it should be easy to import your ME1 save to ME2 .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrafros View Post
    Isn't it just a matter of save files? Surely those aren't different between the two versions?

If so, it should be easy to import your ME1 save to ME2 .
    Basically this. Here's the wiki's info on it:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Save_File_Transfer

Games not made by Valve get put into the My Games folder or so I've seen. Look there when you want to trade files. The configuration tool finds them for you though I believe so you have no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a copy of mass effect 1 from steam. I'd like to go through the games over again. My question is will I be able to carry my saved games over from my steam copy of mass effect into mass effect 2 (which is an actual hard copy of the game not on steam) and then to mass effect 3 on Origin.
    Just skip Mass Effect 1, if you have played 2 and like 2 you are probably going to hate 1 because their is a lot of stuff that just seems clunky and annoying.