Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love you all I've got my eyeballs ready so watch A LOT of movies, it's finally getting dark so I'm planning on watching through till around midnight, thanks a bunch every one!

Add me on LoL: jries
    Add me on XBL: jries1

Skelington has always been partial to Universal's monster movies like Frankenstein, The Wolfan, Creature From the Black Lagoon, etc.
    They were terrifying in their time.
    The original Halloween series and Shining were always good, too. And Poltergeist.

I noticed in your original post you said you were afraid of spiders. If that is the case, I would highly recommend "Arachnophobia". I don't mind spiders, but that movie gives me the creeps.

Already mentioned ones :
    Noroi & Pet Sematary

To add some more :
    The Mist (2007)
    Jaws/Deep Blue Sea
    The Ruins

10+ Year Old Account
    One more thing comes to mind: Hammer Films horror movies. All of them. Christopher Lee as Dracula is a cinema classic. While the effects may seem to be a bit dated, the movies are still well worth watching, have great atmosphere and are genuinely scary at times.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    The Mist (2007)
    And while we're on the subject of vapours: The Fog. The original, I mean, the remake is a blasphemy.
    Last edited by Kisuro; 2012-02-12 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    The Ruins
    Yeah, that movie is on the list of films I'll never watch again.

Self-mutilation is one of those things I have issues with. And that movie's effects portrayed it VERY well...

Deleted
    Eight Legged Freaks- Funny and kinda scary.

Necromentia-Kinda weird and scary with some gore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    I noticed in your original post you said you were afraid of spiders. If that is the case, I would highly recommend "Arachnophobia". I don't mind spiders, but that movie gives me the creeps.
    I you are going to exploit his phobia then why not just take him to a pet store and have him pet a tarantula.

Some horror/thriller that I enjoyed:
    Inside
    Martyrs
    Eyes without a Face
    Triangle
    Trick r Treat
    The Orphanage
    Midnight Meat Train
    High Tension
    Pet Sematary
    REC
    I Saw the Devil
    Audition
    Antibodies
    In My Skin
    The Devils Backbone

The Thing - the version with Kurt Russel

The Shining - is quit mind fucking at some points. I have lots of movies i could tell you, but you most likely won't find them in the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    The Thing - the version with Kurt Russel

The Shining - is quit mind fucking at some points. I have lots of movies i could tell you, but you most likely won't find them in the internet.
    Oooh, try us try us!!!

Sorry for the enthusiasm, but I have a real knack for finding obscure stuff, especially movies and music, on the internet and I like challenging myself to find them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished 'Grave Encounters' (A recommendation by a friend) and it was somewhat creepy, there were a few moments when I did not want to know what was around the corner.

I'm now about to start Session 9 as recommended by some one in this thread, simply due to the Mental Institute in the film being so close to where I live, will let you all know how it goes! I think I might watch The Descent afterwards, a few people recommended it as well ( I do like the claustrophobia type movies) I'm going to try and watch as many of the movies as I can that have been recommended (I have a lot of time these next few weeks lol ) Thanks again to every one who has posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael
    The Shining will always be a classic to me, I remember seeing it as one of my first horror films, a definate nod goes to it I remember watching The Thing (Kurt Russel version) when I was young but I don't remember much from it, may have to rewatch
    Last edited by jries; 2012-02-12 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Oooh, try us try us!!!

Sorry for the enthusiasm, but I have a real knack for finding obscure stuff, especially movies and music, on the internet and I like challenging myself to find them.
    haha sure thing :P

i'll get my list of thrash movies with my friend and post em here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jries View Post
    I'm now about to start Session 9 as recommended by some one in this thread, simply due to the Mental Institute in the film being so close to where I live, will let you all know how it goes!
    Unfortunately (due to all the memes) I am physically incapable of taking David Caruso seriously anymore and I kept expecting him to whip out the sunglases and make a lame pun. Other than that, Session 9 is a prety decent movie.
    If you like movies set in asylums you might try The Ward. I won't recomend it, because I haven't seen it yet and I'm getting mixed reviews from friends.

Oooh, try us try us!!!

Huh? I don't think The Thing or The Shining really count as obscure. I mean, The Thing was popular enough to get a shitty prequel/remake that completely missed the point and mood of the original, and The Shining is considered a classic film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Unfortunately (due to all the memes) I am physically incapable of taking David Caruso seriously anymore and I kept expecting him to whip out the sunglases and make a lame pun. Other than that, Session 9 is a prety decent movie.
    I can't take David Caruso seriously because he's a shitty actor who thought he was going to be a big fucking movie star so he pissed off the folks behind NYPD Blue. Lo and behold he was met with no success and wound up on a joke of a show like CSI: Miami.

In other words, I couldn't finish Session 9. I might someday, but David Caruso is one of those actors that fills me with rage every time I see him, so it could be a while.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2012-02-12 at 11:28 PM. Reason: See? He fills me with so much rage I derped all over my keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Huh? I don't think The Thing or The Shining really count as obscure. I mean, The Thing was popular enough to get a shitty prequel/remake that completely missed the point and mood of the original, and The Shining is considered a classic film.
    Don't forget that The Thing also had a shitty video game tie-in. And that the The Shining got a shitty miniseries remake. And was actually better than the book. Anyway, both can hardly be considered obscure.

In other words, I couldn't finish Session 9. I might someday, but David Caruso is one of those actors that fills me with rage every time I see him, so it culd be a while.
    You might want to give it a try. The ending has a pretty nice twist and might actually be worth suffering through Caruso.
    Last edited by Kisuro; 2012-02-12 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Don't forget that The Thing also had a shitty video game tie-in.
    I wish I could forget that game...

Deleted

I can't take David Caruso seriously because he's a shitty actor who thought he was going to be a big fucking movie star so he pissed off the folks behidn NYPD Blue. Lo and behold he was met with no success and wound up on a joke of a show like CSI: Miami.

In other words, I couldn't finish Session 9. I might someday, but David Caruso is one of those actors that fills me with rage every time I see him, so it culd be a while.
    Actually I'm referring to the movies he/she decided not to list because they are hard to find on the internet.
    I have lots of movies i could tell you, but you most likely won't find them in the internet.
    Oooh, try us try us!!!

haha sure thing :P

i'll get my list of thrash movies with my friend and post em here

Actually I'm referring to the movies he/she decided not to list because they are hard to find on the internet.
    D'oh. My mistake.

D'oh. My mistake.
    /Points finger
    /just kidding =P

Yeah... lol :P anyway, soon as i get it i'll post it here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've compiled a list of all the films listed thus far (I think) and have marked off the ones I have seen or have watched thus far in the OP, will keep you all updated