Poll: How many new games in the average year?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Per year eh? Hmm, I probably bought like 10 previous year, let's see...
    Assuming Portal 2 was still 2011, I bought that.
    I bought Terraria and Minecraft. I bought Starcraft 2 just before new year.
    I bought Oblivion to see if Skyrim would perhaps interest me, and played it for like 1 hour total.
    I bought Portal 1 and Bastion.
    I bought some stupid tower defense game for like 5 bucks.

And probably bought something else as well. And this year, I know I will be buying a lot as well. Already bought Tera, will be buying Heart of the Swarm if it comes out, will be buying MoP, gonna buy Guild Wars 2, gonna buy MoP, gonna get D3 for free due to Annual Pass, dunno if I can count that. And then any other indie games or awesome games I might bump into, or a really cheap game on steam sale... I think I willl click the 10 button, or 10+.

Deleted
    It really depends on how many games that falls to my interest that's released on the year. I think it would be around an avarage of 4 games each year.

Deleted
    I average a couple of games per month; more if Steam is on a crazy discount spree. I don't tend to buy brand new full price games though, (unless it's a title I've really been looking forward to) and most of the stuff I buy is older/less popular titles reduced to half price or so.

15+ Year Old Account
    I buy very few games per year (2-3 max usually). I tend to play games a long time and a lot of new games don't really "grab" me
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to pick up indie bundles on the occasion which inflate my numbers a bit. When it comes to big ticket items though I try and limit myself to 2 or 3 a year.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Deleted
    I usually not buy many.
    But the previous year I bought like 15 Xbox 360 games,5 PC Games.

I play WoW, no need to buy other games
    (i just keep re-buying this one for 15 bucks a month)

Other than WoW all the games i play are table-top/board/card games...well, I did play Skyrim, but i didn't buy it.

since last year i've bought DA2, Deus Ex, MW3, BF3, Bioshock 1+2, Fallout 3 + New Vegas, Fear 3, Mass Effect 3 (the charge has been done), Swtor, Dungeon Siege 1-3 + various Star Wars games (Steam wintersale ftw) sooo thats alot..

I bought

Assasins's Creed: Brotherhood
    Uncharted 3
    CoD: MW3

last year so it's 3. I don't buy more than 3-4 games in a year.

Starcraft 2 last game bought

Can't resist if something goes on sale on steam even if I won't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 1 and 2 are the only games I've purchased that last year. Usually I only buy 1 game a year, but It does occur when I buy none or more than one.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.jpg

Do not promote piracy on these boards. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-15 at 06:50 AM.

Do not discuss how you pirate games, or promote piracy guys, you should know that by now.

I am regularly buying the indie game bundles, so potentially a dozen in some months.
    Though as to how many will be played regularly is another matter.
    Some will get maybe 10 minutes play, some ive got days or weeks of play in.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    9+ Steam summer and winter sales = my wallet dies.

Went for 3.
    It was quite difficult to answer that simple question. Because "it depends". Before WoW I used to buy much more games that I do now. I had more spare time to play hence more games I played and bought. Now I play WoW, work so I have less time overall. And WoW gives me that what I need, most of the time. After getting WoW I haven't bought any additional game for like two years. I didn't feel need to do so.

Recently WoW become more boring or I'm getting burned out so few new titles arrived. And I'm talking about shop purchases. I'm not counting magazine games. I buy one such a magazine. Every month they add a full version of a game or two. Sometimes even three. And those are big titles, one-two years old. Something still cool but not outdated much.

2011 big titles that they gave:
    - Stalker
    - Supreme Commander
    - Splinter Cell Double Agent
    - Mass Effect
    - Gothic 3 + expansions
    - Resident Evil 5
    - Call of Juarez
    - Bionic Commando
    - DMC 3
    - Kane & Lynch

So not much more I need to buy Right now I focus on really big titles I'd like to have. Last year I bought Mass Effect 2, both Portals when Steam sold them for less than 6 euro, Skyrim was a christmas gift. This year I plan to buy Mass Effect 3 and nothing more. Well, except of Mists. Diablo 3 comes with Annual Pass so it's free for me as I still play WoW. I'd play WoW even when D3 would be announced for 2013 so AP is a nice bonus to that.

Anyway, as I said, I don't have much time to spare on games so I don't need to buy lots of games. If i'm about to get new one it must be really good.

Deleted
    Zero, to be fair though I also play zero games a year lately.

The odd one here and there, but for the most part I stay with WoW. Not because for me it ends up being a great deal, but because I still enjoy the game. If I do buy a game it's adventure games. I love puzzles and all that stuff. Using the ol noodle. Because of that it can take quite a lot of time for me to finish a game. I don't ever like to cheat so it can take days to finish a certain puzzle. Boring? Yup for most, but to me it's relaxing.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-02-15 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    4. I got 4 games last year and maybe 4 this year. (Soul Calibur 5 [owned], GW2, MoP and Halo 4) but i just spent $660 on Lady GaGa tickets so, i'm to sure.