Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yea! I have knowledge! Whoo!!

10+ Year Old Account
    and knowledge is power! but yeah, I'm liking that change to the cannibals Kumduh

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoranos View Post
    post #1126 snip
    what the hell....?!? This is just awesome!
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    Did AAT gdt hacked or smth? Oo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Kumduh, I think your idea for the cannibals is good. I wouldn't change things too much for them based on one game. The people playing the roles of cannibal this game simply outsmarted the mafia and townies and now that we've seen it happen I'm not so sure it will be as easy going forward.

The cannibals won this game and it seems they were overpowered but had they made one simple mistake or had the mafia just gotten a hint to go after one of them then things would've have been completely different.

Basically, I'm saying lets not jump to conclusions and change things off of one extremely small sample size. It's quite possible a cannibal is killed the first day/night of the next game and then the 2 mafia crews become the overpowered groups. Things will play out differently.

As I said though, I do like the idea of finding out the roles of the dead killed by each cannibal and not having to kill both to find out anything.
    the mafia targetted to kill the cannibals twice, but both times the mafia member was themself killed by the cannibal, which is what made them overpowered, being able to kill someone who was trying to kill them, shoulda ended in a no-death situation

i'd also maybe think if you use a lookout cannibal type thing, that you maybe have a rule that the same person cannot make 3 night kills in a row? (so they can make 2 and then the third they must be the lookout) (and yeah, the seperate freezer was something i asked about in the middle of the thread :P )

Quote Originally Posted by rolo4804 View Post
    what the hell....?!? This is just awesome!
    Hah, thanks. Typed it all half asleep with my eyes closed. >.> Like, fond? What..."Anyways, I wake up to have an affection for that all the animals reproduced?" And woot, I'm in somebodies sig

I have to say, Aadren and F2F played extremely well, however I do feel the cannibals are a bit overpowered since one or the other of them will always have protection as long as they are around, so even IF you know for absolute certain who they both are, you still only have a 50% chance of killing a cannibal with a night kill. And as shown by myself and AAT, due to their protection buddy they have a chance of "overriding" a night kill, which in an earlier part of the game is unlikely, but in the later portions becomes fairly easy to happen. It boils down to them almost having to be lynched during the day.

I agree with Rixis - I think that a situation like that should result in a no-kill. Cannibal is out hunting, finds out that it's prey is hunting it, and spooks off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    the mafia targetted to kill the cannibals twice, but both times the mafia member was themself killed by the cannibal, which is what made them overpowered, being able to kill someone who was trying to kill them, shoulda ended in a no-death situation

i'd also maybe think if you use a lookout cannibal type thing, that you maybe have a rule that the same person cannot make 3 night kills in a row? (so they can make 2 and then the third they must be the lookout) (and yeah, the seperate freezer was something i asked about in the middle of the thread :P )
    Let me re-word what I said. Had the mafia targeted the lookout (if even by luck) early on then the cannibals would have been easy to wipe out. I'm still not that sold on them being as overpowered as they have been made out to be. Remember, after the role claim by Aadren the mafia never even targeted him. As someone on the outside looking in (aka someone who wasn't "good enough" to survive as long as the others) it seemed like targeting Aadren would have been a no-brainer and yet it never happened. That one major "mistake" helped the cannibals be as overpowered as they were.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    I have to say, Aadren and F2F played extremely well, however I do feel the cannibals are a bit overpowered since one or the other of them will always have protection as long as they are around, so even IF you know for absolute certain who they both are, you still only have a 50% chance of killing a cannibal with a night kill. And as shown by myself and AAT, due to their protection buddy they have a chance of "overriding" a night kill, which in an earlier part of the game is unlikely, but in the later portions becomes fairly easy to happen. It boils down to them almost having to be lynched during the day.

I agree with Rixis - I think that a situation like that should result in a no-kill. Cannibal is out hunting, finds out that it's prey is hunting it, and spooks off.
    If a mafia and cannibal target each other I think a kill should still happen but maybe have it be random on which one goes through (it can be as simple as Kumduh flipping a coin). There are two killers facing each other. One of them should come out on top.

Aadren got very lucky is what happened. I had been given info about who the doctor was going to protect on a particular night, and it just happened to match with the story that Aadren made up, so I then believed he was the doc without question. If he had made up any other list of protections, I would have known he was lying and killed him =/

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    If a mafia and cannibal target each other I think a kill should still happen but maybe have it be random on which one goes through (it can be as simple as Kumduh flipping a coin). There are two killers facing each other. One of them should come out on top.
    Except that the cannibals are explained as being flighty. *shrug* maybe it is just flavor, but it is said that if the killer cannibal is targeted, the lookout warns him and they both flee. I don't see why this should be any different just because the killer cannibal is targeted by someone they were trying to kill.
    Last edited by FoxxiMcLeod; 2012-02-24 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    Aadren got very lucky is what happened. I had been given info about who the doctor was going to protect on a particular night, and it just happened to match with the story that Aadren made up, so I then believed he was the doc without question. If he had made up any other list of protections, I would have known he was lying and killed him =/

Except that the cannibals are explained as being flighty. *shrug* maybe it is just flavor, but it is said that if the killer cannibal is targeted, the lookout warns him and they both flee. I don't see why this should be any different just because the killer cannibal is targeted by someone they were trying to kill.
    I'm fine with it either way.

Hell, I'd be fine with them killing each other off at the same time. That would probably work out too well for the town though.

Arch is banned again, lol. You'd think she'd stop doing whatever after the first couple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    from what i gather she posted a racist picture (racist joke, i was not offended) in the funny pics megathread, and all the special little carebears got offended

chances are the people offended weren't even black >.>

(oh, and then her defensive posts later on were a bit OTT :P )

Sounds like something she'd do. Also wouldn't surprise me if the people who bitched about it being racist weren't black.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, recheked (after VAL messaged me on steam), AAT didn't post the image, but she did defend it rather OTT

this is the image (do not click if you're a pussy scared to find "controversial" things funny)

http://i.imgur.com/mN0lS.jpg

that being said, it might not be the reason she was banned, i didn't scout her posts for reported ones

Her post defending it wasn't infracted or anything, so can't have been that.

Vote: Valoranos

what?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Have we got to the stage where we're not even letting Val live long enough to even see the game start?

You're a cruel cruel dragon Treann.......

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

i'm not a mean dragon
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Oh heck...
    Vote: Val..... Because Phoenix tastes good