Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    whats the story/lore about that :X ?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    From what i recall, they never said one way or another. We only knew that it was supposed to be an instance in 4.1, but not what kind of instance.

So, no, they didn't say it would be a raid. They just didn't say it would be a 5 man, either. Only that they were planning to include it.
    No, they did state afterwords, it WAS to be a raid, as part of 4.2, but it would have resulted in less of a Firelands (smaller, less story), a divided theme to armor (fire and water), and it just seemed more like good design to focus on one bigger idea, than splitting into two opposing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Yes, Well of Eternity was supposed to be a raid. If you explore the instance, you will find many things pointing to this.
    We were promised a WoE raid, so it's not surprising.

But explain more. I've never had the ability to really explore the map.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    They are :

Yes, Well of Eternity was supposed to be a raid. If you explore the instance, you will find many things pointing to this.
    i knew that it was supposed to be raid tho.. but wich things pointed to that?

oh.. and blizzard also missed out a Gundrak raid AND an Utgarde raid, becouse i was sure blizzard announced for wotlk 2 utgarde dungeons and 1 raid
    sad sad sad! also a shame they tossed the nerubian zone and raid out! wotlk could have been so much more epic!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is fake nonsense. He's just flying around random spots in Vashjir with the water effects disabled.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

I would have loved a continuation of the Vash'jir storyline but the "I don't want to fight whilst swimming iz too hard omg" crowd got the whole thing, and any chance of future water stuff, canned. I went through the zone on ranged and melee characters and it was easy. Amazing looking zone.

Massive disappointment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Looks interesting, shame they did not implement it, and what was the reasoning why they didn't include it? Are they going to leave Neptulon's fate unresolved for now?
    The actual and factual reasoning was that they thought it would pale in comparison to Firelands. They were supposed to be released simultaniously, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    This is fake nonsense. He's just flying around random spots in Vashjir with the water effects disabled.
    Can you tell me what part of vashir looks like that? Talking about the terrain BTW. I can confirm as well the .adt's are in the 4.3.2 live .MPQs. Not smart as the OP though to explore around in there
    Last edited by Bareno; 2012-02-13 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    amazing video sir
    glad to see there are still explorers left in this game
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    I keep seeing blue responses that they are happy with how the quest line finished up. And I keep thinking WTF are you talking about, Neptulon yanked away by a giant squid that we never get to kill....

I thought the same. Which is a shame because the whole Vash'jir storyline is quite awesome, abandoning it like that is just sad. Vash'jir is IMHO one of the few zones in the game where the quest storyline is actually engaging.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Do you REALLY want a completely underwater raid, like questing in Vashj'ir?
    Long answer shortened - Yes i would love that - Vashjir is my favourite zone ingame apart from nagrand - Stunning visuals, unique gameplay and very interesting lore (at least to me it was) - so yes , I would have LOVED a completely underwater raid - would have been something we had never had before ingame and I think a really interesting zone and makes for incredibly interesting combat mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    If you can point me where in Vash'jir those round platforms can be found, you win 5 cookies.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    The place definitely looks amazing.
    But honestly ZA/ZG lead up to some interesting troll lore in MoP, eh...we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    If you can point me where in Vash'jir those round platforms can be found, you win 5 cookies.
    I'll even throw in a kitchen sink!

Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    They did advertise it as a raid, at the first Cata blizzcon i thougd, it would come in 4.1 Firelands and the Abbysal maw. a cool mix of fire and water.
    as they said so...
    Pretty sure FL was originally announced as part of the launch content of Cata :P
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This. seems how they resolve important peices of lore now, instead of having a team work on a chunk of game content, just get 1 writer to write a book or short story.
    Another piece of lore to be ruined by Knaak?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Pretty sure FL was originally announced as part of the launch content of Cata :P
    It was, then it was pushed back to 4.1 and was supposed to be released along the Abyssal Maw raid (like they said they wanted smaller raids but more per tier), then it got pushed back to 4.2 and Abyssal Maw got axed. It's very obvious they had some catastrophic problems with their development team. Their goal was to provide more raid content than TBC or WotLK yet only managed to put out half of that, their goal was to provide multiple raids per tier but only managed to do that in 1/3 of the tiers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaydenGrey View Post
    Long answer shortened - Yes i would love that - Vashjir is my favourite zone ingame apart from nagrand - Stunning visuals, unique gameplay and very interesting lore (at least to me it was) - so yes , I would have LOVED a completely underwater raid - would have been something we had never had before ingame and I think a really interesting zone and makes for incredibly interesting combat mechanics
    Alas, you and I appear to be in the minority. I totally dug Vashj'ir as a zone but just about everyone else amongst my friends and guildies hated it for the endless swimming and spatial confusion brought on by a completely underwater zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

It looks horrible :\ I can see why they pulled it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Fuck that i'll buy him a cookie making maid.