Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys should really try the "Bombrenade build", especially if you have problems soloing, and it's great for dungeons as well. The healing the bombs bring is huge and you can always switch to 'nades if you have to get out. Not to mention that the traits can easily be changed into a full turret-based build, if that's what you require. When it comes to the last 10 points, you can really put them anywhere, though I've found the endurance regen to be rather useful. The healing and 3rd utility slots are also open to preference.

Oh, and you can either go for the cool-down reduction or increased damage, at the 20-point explosive trait - I prefer the CDR usually, but I guess I picked the +damage when creating the build up here. Also, if you take Elixir U instead of the mine, for the 3rd utility slot, you get some ridiculous burst.
    Last edited by Eskulap; 2012-09-08 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Is there a site with a little bit more breakdown on stat weights? Right now at 38, I have my stats stacked precision>power>toughness>vitality. I'm sitting at 3996 health. At what point do I want to worry about getting more toughness/vitality? Out in the world, I'm not dieing at all. But when I do my personal story, I feel like my survivability is kind of weak. And yes, I dodge dodge dodge, and kite kite kite.
    Sadly, even with toughness/vit gear, we're still weaksauce survivability wise. Especially in story mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Is there a site with a little bit more breakdown on stat weights? Right now at 38, I have my stats stacked precision>power>toughness>vitality. I'm sitting at 3996 health. At what point do I want to worry about getting more toughness/vitality? Out in the world, I'm not dieing at all. But when I do my personal story, I feel like my survivability is kind of weak. And yes, I dodge dodge dodge, and kite kite kite.
    There aren't really "stat weights" in the way that you're thinking. What each stat does is unique enough that you have to put value on it for your specific playstyle and build. There's not really anything out there that says "This stat is better than that stat, for this profession, at all times!"

It's all dependent on your weapons and traits and utilities and how you use all three of them.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Is it just me or do Asura's look incredibly Ugly as Engineers :/ I regret making one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Is it just me or do Asura's look incredibly Ugly as Engineers :/ I regret making one
    I bolded and underlined the answer to your question.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Lol yeah, but there's no point rerolling just because of race, and I'm not rerolling a lvl 50 D: wtb race changes!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like Asura well enough. Not everything has to be pretty pointy-eared elves. :P

Looking for a Rifle build that has some Toughness.

Deleted
    How do you guys feel about using Rocket Boots for PvE/Questing? Not so much for the actual Rocket Boots, but for the Flamethrower DoT it applies. Having risked going into melee, for the #4 Pistol Offhand DoT, drop the Rocket Boots also and you've got a disgusting amount of damage.

Just wish I didn't have to run into Melee to do the good damage >.> Sigh..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found plenty of use for the actual Rocket Boots. A free "GTFO!" tool for when the shit hits the fan.

Something I've been messing with in skill building tools is how I could make a kit-heavy build work. For example, grabbing Med Kit, Tool Kit, Flamethrower, and Elixir Gun, with Pistol/Shield for the base weapons. Or maybe having Grenade and Bomb Kit in there. Sacrifices a lot of useful utilities obviously, but I wonder how I could make a build that makes it work.

This may come close, but it still feels a bit off. Is it even possible, or is having that many kits trying to do too much?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-08 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the kit heavy builds are mainly there just to use the toolkit abilities, like the bomb packs super bomb on the tk, + the grenades tk etc.

Otherwise it's just a huge waste.

I'm very dubious about pistol builds atm, the conditions fall off if there are too many on endgame bosses, which means less contribution, which means less reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Most of the kit heavy builds are mainly there just to use the toolkit abilities, like the bomb packs super bomb on the tk, + the grenades tk etc.

Otherwise it's just a huge waste.
    I was trying to see it as being similar in playstyle to Elementalists juggling attunements for various situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with flamethrower, bomb kit + grenade kit, over exlir gun and especially the tookit kit :P.

Possible replace the Nade kit with a mine or something if you want close range boom burst factor.

Use flame thrower + use the tookit superbomb and throw a mine down at the same time.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2012-09-08 at 11:38 PM.

I´d like to share the build I´ve used since I started playing with my Asura Engineer. It was made by me, just choosing what seemed to be the best options for me o_o. No other guides or anything asides from getting a few tips I read in these forums.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...aMax0x0VokbMVq

It´s a build for dual-pistol engineer. Works amazing for soloing, with my main stats being Condition damage and precision with a bit of power and vit. Getting 30pts into the Alchemy traits gives you lots of survivavility. When doing dungeons I switch the elite skill for the Supply Crate, and the healing elixir for the Healing Turret.

I´m thinking about making a little guide for this built, with some more explination about my trait/skill choice, but I´m not sure :x. I´d like to hear some opinions.

The basic idea is to just put conditions on the enemy and watch them burn . When it comes to a group setting, having the elixir gun and the healing turret gives you lots of healing abilities. And as for survival, I´ve been doing fine, but could switch out the last 10points on Firearms onto 10points on Inventions for toughness and healing .

Thoughts? The build´s been working wonders for me, although I have only done 1 dungeon in explorable mode :X

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's obvious you won't find a build that would cover all the kits, as that would make you kind of op, due to the sheer versatility of them. They really mostly come in packs of two - either the grenade kit + bomb kit or elixir gun + flamethrower. Of course you can mix and match to a certain degree, but then it's more of a 'jack of all trades, master of none' kinda thing. The only kit I'm not so sure how I feel about is the Tool Kit - I love the idea of it, and I adore the magnet pull, but I hardly ever equip it - bombs just work so much better for melee and give more bang for the buck. (Except if you REALLY want even more control than you can already get.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskulap View Post
    Well it's obvious you won't find a build that would cover all the kits, as that would make you kind of op, due to the sheer versatility of them. They really mostly come in packs of two - either the grenade kit + bomb kit or elixir gun + flamethrower. Of course you can mix and match to a certain degree, but then it's more of a 'jack of all trades, master of none' kinda thing. The only kit I'm not so sure how I feel about is the Tool Kit - I love the idea of it, and I adore the magnet pull, but I hardly ever equip it - bombs just work so much better for melee and give more bang for the buck. (Except if you REALLY want even more control than you can already get.)
    That's not really true, most of the kits have their "tool kit" ability at the top to compensate for the loss of space of an actual ability in the equip. So you can for sure do that.

I also feel the tool kit, as in the wrench kit, is pretty useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I just love the idea of bashing people to death with a wrench. I imagine some of the problems with certain kits comes from the lack of stat/sigil benefits from the weapon slot.

I wonder if Engineers should get a special kind of item slot that you can put upgrade components in, for their equipped kits...
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-09 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I dunno, I just love the idea of bashing people to death with a wrench. I imagine some of the problems with certain kits comes from the lack of stat/sigil benefits from the weapon slot.

I wonder if Engineers should get a special kind of item slot that you can put upgrade components in, for their equipped kits...
    We're pretty squishy though, I don't see when the bashing could even work, unless the pack came with a stat boost equiviliant to heavy armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    We're pretty squishy though, I don't see when the bashing could even work, unless the pack came with a stat boost equiviliant to heavy armor.
    If I can handle being melee on my Mesmer, Elementalist, Thief, and Ranger, I'm sure I can handle being melee on the Engineer.

Especially with Adrenal Implant and Adrenaline Pump!

Frankly, I'm getting tired of hearing, from every single profession, that they're squishy and can only survive less hits than they have fingers on one hand. Because I've experienced that kind of "squishy" on every single profession, including Guardian and Warrior. That's the way the game is designed - you're not meant to survive taking direct hits... not for very long anyways.

Random note, in case nobody else has figured it out: the "gain blah effect when you swap to this weapon" sigils do NOT happen when you unequip a kit and go back to your normal weapons. Seems Engineers got more sigil troubles than I first thought...
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-09-09 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    If I can handle being melee on my Mesmer, Elementalist, Thief, and Ranger, I'm sure I can handle being melee on the Engineer.

Especially with Adrenal Implant and Adrenaline Pump!

Frankly, I'm getting tired of hearing, from every single profession, that they're squishy and can only survive less hits than they have fingers on one hand. Because I've experienced that kind of "squishy" on every single profession, including Guardian and Warrior. That's the way the game is designed - you're not meant to survive taking direct hits... not for very long anyways.
    Armor isn't the only thing to consider though, some have other ways of surviving, like pets, or illusions to take aggro. Also each class has different ammounts of benefits from stats etc.

My warrior is level 40 and I have so far not experienced anything near that level of squishyness.