Random tip - custom gear & acquiring mods

If you are like me you have some pieces of custom gear. it's difficult to keep them at level. I have 4 pieces at level 30 and that's about all I can handle for upgrading. I found that you can buy custom weapons from speciality goods vendors like on Tatonee for 12k credits. You can remove the mod for 1k each and then use that to upgrade your gear. I can't say that this is cheapest/best way but it works for me. Also by the same token you can save up your tokens and get a piece of custom gear instead of 2-3 mods, then remove the mods from the gear which will give you some mods that you can't buy with tokens.

Another random tip, the greens that you can craft tend to be somewhat better than quest rewards at same level. I created some boots that are +4 aim/+4 endurance to the same level quest reward. So, it's worth it to keep your crafting profession up. So far i haven't really had any problems with outleveling my crafting, i'm at 200 armortech or so.

exhangingmods works that way at lower levels, but as you start getting epics at max level your mods cost roughly 27k credits just to remove them. Obviously it's different then, and the only time you want to remove mods fromr aiding gear is if you have an armoring with a higher rating than your current gear, in which case you find a fully moddable orange, put in the new armoring, extract the mod/enhancement from the previous item, and put them all in the new orange.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I did when I was leveling as a PvP-freak was simple ;

At 20 got full PvP gear, always upgrading my PvP weapon since it's the only one that goes with levels, by every 6 levels or so, I'd upgrade my oranges with new artifact mods (with the money from PvP) and always trying to keep myself with purple on rest slot, didn't seem to be so hard.

Then, at level 40 I bought myself a whole new batch of oranges, whilst always buying purples for the other slots that you can't get oranges. By the time you get 40 PvP gear , you honestly don't need any other upgrade until you are 50, I say this from personal experience on both Pv-E and P on which you'll have your mind free from that kind of annoying stuff until you are 50. When on 50, all you have to do is spend some 500k credits to fully upgrade your moddable gear, it'll be quite on the same level as Raid gear and will help you get settled.

I didn't take much time to elaborate because I posted too much today and worked too little, but that's just a tip for those who PvP to get geared.

If I'm happy with the modable gear that I'm currently wearing, I just use the commendations to buy mods to keep them up to par. Barrels or Hilts (depending on class obviously) are my top priority to upgrade.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just choose Cyber and create your own kits/mods and you only need 2 tokens for enchantments - to me its the cheapest way to level while keeping your gear up to date.

I almost always choose the token as my quest reward and just buy the top level mods (typically there are 2 levels) as I can. By the time Im done with the planet you'll have all the up to date mods/enchantments for head/chest/boots/legs/wrists/gloves easily. The armor kits are 7 tokens so I'll GTN those (or if I would have gone Cyber to level I'd be fine).

Just get slicing while leveling and then cost is never an issue while leveling, the best thing I can suggest is take 1 crafting and 1 gathering skill and then the 3rd slicing, when you hit 50 get enough cash saved up to last you a good while then drop slicing and then pick up your 2nd gathering skill and just zerg it up to 400, at lvl 50 that should only take you a few days.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahorius View Post
    What I did when I was leveling as a PvP-freak was simple ;

At 20 got full PvP gear, always upgrading my PvP weapon since it's the only one that goes with levels, by every 6 levels or so, I'd upgrade my oranges with new artifact mods (with the money from PvP) and always trying to keep myself with purple on rest slot, didn't seem to be so hard.

Then, at level 40 I bought myself a whole new batch of oranges, whilst always buying purples for the other slots that you can't get oranges. By the time you get 40 PvP gear , you honestly don't need any other upgrade until you are 50, I say this from personal experience on both Pv-E and P on which you'll have your mind free from that kind of annoying stuff until you are 50. When on 50, all you have to do is spend some 500k credits to fully upgrade your moddable gear, it'll be quite on the same level as Raid gear and will help you get settled.

I didn't take much time to elaborate because I posted too much today and worked too little, but that's just a tip for those who PvP to get geared.
    I agree here, my BH is currently lvl 38½ and i have been playing 3-4 days more and less activily pvp and i allready have 4 orange lvl 40 pieces waiting for the dinging to lvl 40. And now im after the lvl 38 pvp blaster pistols before getting the final orange gear piece. I allso got cybertech so hopefully i can keep the gear up, and just sell all the q items to stock credit so that i can get easily ready for raiding when i ding 50.