Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pointless achi's and why you did them?!

I created a lvl 1 gnome mage called Døra just to try and get the explorer title
    I just wanted to see how high level you could get by doing nothing except exploring the world map (no kills/no quests etc)

a lot of flying about on the back of a sandstone drake later (9 hours) and i now have a lvl 23 mage and the title! LOL

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c3%b8ra/simple

anyone else made a toon for a specific title/ achi?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are already at level 23 you might as well try the iron-Man leveling challenge that was put out recently. I don't believe it awards an achievement but it still might be fun, especially considering you've already done a significant portion of it.

Quote Originally Posted by slambulance76 View Post
    anyone else made a toon for a specific title/ achi?
    All this talk about potentially account-wide achievements is tempting me to make a low level BG twink, just so I can go through and get a lot of the achievements while they're a lot easier. (Stuff like Ironman, Wrecking Ball etc would have to be easier on a highly twinked out level 19, surely...)
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    All this talk about potentially account-wide achievements is tempting me to make a low level BG twink, just so I can go through and get a lot of the achievements while they're a lot easier. (Stuff like Ironman, Wrecking Ball etc would have to be easier on a highly twinked out level 19, surely...)
    This is why pvp achievements shouldn't be accountwide. It's fair enough to get achievements you have earned on an alt at max level, which is insanely rng dependant, but not just make a twink and blow through all of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikevinge View Post
    If you are already at level 23 you might as well try the iron-Man leveling challenge that was put out recently. I don't believe it awards an achievement but it still might be fun, especially considering you've already done a significant portion of it.
    8. No grouping or assistance from other characters, even if not grouped.

:<

Quote Originally Posted by Pikevinge View Post
    He failed Iron man challenge already

He has +stat gear on

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just going to say that I did the explorer achievement like everyone else and it is kind of pointless besides title, but the OP obviously had a better story, very cool experiment though!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've wondered about this exact scenario before, just never took the initiative and did it. Thanks for posting your story.

i know it's not an achievement but thought it might fit in this thread.....one time on my druid i went into fishform and swam around the outside of each continent on Azeroth...lots of random ships/ mobs out in the middle of nowhere....just felt like taking a couple days to explore everywhere lol

10+ Year Old Account
    For the same reason people pad the meters.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the sake of adding more points

I did it for the chicks man.

Out at the bar, I'm all like....'Sup baby, I got realm first priest'

And they're all like 'ooooh baby'
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Adding pretend value to my pretend character. Gear is so easy to get that this is what make

edit: I made and leveled two rogues to farm lock boxes (I server transferred my shaman and I wasn't going to pay to bring my shitty rogue so I leveled another one) and a priest who I leveled to get herald of the titans since achievements are going account wide in MOP.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-03-02 at 08:35 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    I would say wrecking ball is probably easy levels 10-19. But recently on my mage in full Brutal gear besides the trinket and staff I managed to get Wrecking ball at around level 72-73. This is your probably last good chance to get Wrecking Ball in before level 85. I didn't even go in thinking I would get wrecking ball. I clicked the score to check my damage and saw that I had around 17 killing blows. I decided to play it really safe the last 3. I nearly blew it at 19 KB. Before this I had a shammy kill steal probably unintentionally. But at 19KBs I had around 5 Hordies on me. I managed to pop Ice Block at about 1-2% health. Back up arrived, got healed and killed one of them. DING!!!! got the achievement and I died in a few minutes when I went to get the flag.LOL!!

But yea, it is probably easy getting Wrecking ball at the lower levels, but 70-74 in PVP gear is another good range to try and get it at. You need a good burst class for that, i would recommend a Disc Priest, Hunter, Mage(only at higher levels, toooo squish to survive at the lower levels) and probably a rogue. I earlier got Wrecking Ball on my Disc Priest at level 19. Disc Priests are pretty OP levels 10-19 in heirlooms.

But in regards to PVP achievements, almost half of them that I have achieved, I got them without ever going all out for them or not even knowing that there was one for it and most times by pure coincidence, like Not in My house or whatever that thing is called.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jadessia View Post
    did 100k HK on my lvl 1 gnome female mage bank :P that was before I found out 250k achieve would come! DAMN YOU IGNORANCE!

Should have gone for 1mill while it was possible
    How did you manage to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    How did you manage to do that?
    Something about having a few friends all create lvl 1 alts of the opposite faction....not sure exactly how it worked, but it pretty much involved zero pvp.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    I did it for the chicks man.

Out at the bar, I'm all like....'Sup baby, I got realm first priest'

And they're all like 'ooooh baby'

Ahahahahahah! So much win!

My biggest pointless achievement has been leveling an alt without any kind of heirloom.
    That can still take quite long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Ahahahahahah! So much win!

My biggest pointless achievement has been leveling an alt without any kind of heirloom.
    That can still take quite long.
    I did that by creating a toon on a different server, took me about 3 weeks to do 1-85, but i wasn't leveling very actively (I think I even did explorer while I was leveling).

Deleted
    I did the fishing achievement whose name i forgot (the title for winning both fishing contests and tons of fishing achievements).
    But the most disturbing part for me was that i enjoyed it. I loved to stand there and play this mindless minigame for hours. And above all i remember the contests i won vividly until today, because i was extremely nervous and focused on winning x)
    I guess everyone has dark secrets, this is mine

Deleted
    I did the Insane title on my main, even tho I never use titles.
    Why I did it, because I am a rep whore [still need to fix Steamwheedle rep]