Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No tokens for me ever but I only started pvping last week and did not get weeklies done so it is understandable. MY only gripe is with the dailies weeklies, I wish they would be win 3 warzones OR complete 6. This morning won like two out of 4 or so than lost five in a row before I had to go to class, kind be semi frustrating.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahorius View Post
    This week I opened like 25 of them or so , got no Tokens. But that is okay, do you know why? Becasuse with 25 bags I got 175 Champ comms and 375 Cent comms. Keep following my logic : With 175 champ comms, I was able to buy 2, almost 3 pieces of Champ gear, which is the 2nd strongest gear in the game and deck myself out with Centurion gear, which is the third best there is (For PvP, I'm not sure if Columi evens out with overall stats on Cent, but the exp is where cent would kick in).

So do you see what happened there? If I were to set myself as example being a fresh 50, I would have in 1 week, doing all my dailys and all my weekly, a pretty much Full PvP gear, that IS enough to PvP on level 50 bracket while still having a good utility for your team.

So, yes if you ask me I will gladly say that I prefer to have Comms and little odds with gear tokens on bags than having to rely on RNG entirely.
    You would have to compare Columi to Champ, which is every case Columi is better (minus the exp). It has more main stat and more end. Your cent is comparable to Tionese gear, which are roughly equal.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by viciouss View Post
    No tokens for me ever but I only started pvping last week and did not get weeklies done so it is understandable. MY only gripe is with the dailies weeklies, I wish they would be win 3 warzones OR complete 6. This morning won like two out of 4 or so than lost five in a row before I had to go to class, kind be semi frustrating.
    LOL I hear that!
    Yesterday I won my first game then lost the next 8 in a row before I won again. Then it took 4 more games to win again. So, 13 games to get my daily done.. very frustrating some times.

On a side note.. opened 2 more bags last night with no luck. BUT, 3 more bags and I can afford my MH lightsaber.

12 bags opened, 0 tokens!

However, with all the Centurion tokens we get, all my companions are soon fully decked out in purple!

I say make it complete 5 for daily and 15 for weekly, the reward for winning shouldn't be in the daily anyway, should be there to promote participation. Would also help with the problem of people leaving games early.

10+ Year Old Account
    That works I am not set on the numbers but shouldn't be reliant on winning when some people have limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    You would have to compare Columi to Champ, which is every case Columi is better (minus the exp). It has more main stat and more end. Your cent is comparable to Tionese gear, which are roughly equal.
    When you factor in the % gains from expertise Centurion gear will have a much higher output than even columi in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugitivelama View Post
    When you factor in the % gains from expertise Centurion gear will have a much higher output than even columi in PvP.
    Off topic, but do you happen to play on canderous ordo?

Quote Originally Posted by Fugitivelama View Post
    I suppose I shouldn't have replied to a pvp thread when someone makes a blanket statement for it being the best gear. For pvp, cent would outweigh columi because of exp. I was talking in terms of general stats I guess :P
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I do, actually.

I prefer the new system, it should have always been like that.

Playing since launch, I have played through the original method and although I got pretty much, with my first 6 bags I got 3 pieces of Champ gear, then proceeded to open another 12 with nothing, not even Champion commendations (or maybe 3.. can't remember).

In the current style, it will be far less frustating to gear up an alt in pvp gear as it is not based on RNG (atleast as much, now a piece of gear from bags will be a bonus rather then expected)

I am grinding my way to Valor 60 (56 atm) but then the grind really starts for gear again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuz View Post
    I do, actually.
    Meant fugitivelama because I've seen that name ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I say make it complete 5 for daily and 15 for weekly, the reward for winning shouldn't be in the daily anyway, should be there to promote participation. Would also help with the problem of people leaving games early.
    The only thing it would promote is lazy people getting in the game and afking at the side until it was over.

I've probably opened at least 20-30 bags since that patch and no gear tokens at all.

Just commendations and lots and lots of credits.

Edit: Also, if you find yourself on a losing streak with warzones. Wait a minute or two before you queue again so you won't get stuck with a bunch of the same people on your team in the next warzone. Most people just leave requeue on so your essentially just queuing back up as a group after the warzone is done. I find that works for me for the rare times I get a 3-4 losing streak.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-02-17 at 03:44 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I too play on canderos Ordo, fun server for killin some imps

10+ Year Old Account
    I've ran into two really good pubs to try and fail to kill on Ordo because of lack of gear and skill. Trooper named zeweed and sentinel named atlan or something close. He's like the Liu bu of warzones

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The only thing it would promote is lazy people getting in the game and afking at the side until it was over.
    You might be right, it's hard to fix (or think of for that matter) all issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    You might be right, it's hard to fix (or think of for that matter) all issues.
    Add a report AFK function. And enforce it. Get enough reports and be locked from WZs for a day. I don't mean five people reporting you, it would have to be enough for it to be obvious that the person is a repeat offender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    I suppose I shouldn't have replied to a pvp thread when someone makes a blanket statement for it being the best gear. For pvp, cent would outweigh columi because of exp. I was talking in terms of general stats I guess :P
    You should reply, because you did answer out something that I never took the time to see, given the fact I don't PvE...not at all. But you see, I did mention the part where I was including EXP of the gear to make it overall better.

For PvP, champ is the 2nd best, and cent is the 3rd best.

I've ran into two really good pubs to try and fail to kill on Ordo because of lack of gear and skill. Trooper named zeweed and sentinel named atlan or something close. He's like the Liu bu of warzones
    LOL!

There are few people in Lethal Dose Fifty that are pretty hard to kill. Not only do they have all the gear, they have healers that refuse to let team mates die.