Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    games are still hard, if you buy the right ones that is

no. then again i didnt suck at video games
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by coreygeer View Post
    I remember Lion King for NES.. there's this one part where you're on the back of an Ostrige I think? I don't remember..

But there's one part where you have to Double Jump, I could never get past it.. that part made me rage like no tomorrow. That whole race scene was a PAIN IN THE ASS
    I wonder if it's related at all to the PC/DOS version? EDIT: Apparently it's the same game. In watching these youtube videos, I remember some parts vividly, like I remember being so frustrated by the sections where you had to use the ledge cling mechanic to jump up tons of little ledges to get to your destination. I used to play that one as a kid. I don't know if I ever got the last boss, but supposedly my father played it too and discovered you had to use some random key combination to flip Scar off the cliff. It was a completely undocumented move!

Ostrich Shenanigans at 0:35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww3fpKFgUec
    Last edited by Arrowspace; 2012-02-17 at 08:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowspace View Post
    I wonder if it's related at all to the PC/DOS version? I used to play that one as a kid, I recall it being hard. I don't know if I ever got the last boss, but supposedly my father played it and discovered you had to use some random key combination to flip Scar off the cliff. It was a completely undocumented move!

Ostrich Shenanigans at 0:35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww3fpKFgUec
    '

Oh man, I had this on my SNES - it was damn good.

I almost expected the title to be sarcasm. Games back then weren't "hard" in terms of intended difficulty. You were just younger, and the hardware was so incredibly limiting that THAT is what made games hard. Having to deal with those limitations added a lot of difficulty, and I doubt game developers tested thoroughly enough for that stuff back then or else those games would have been designed more intelligently around the disadvantages of the hardware and software.

Now that games can be so much more advanced and those same gamers have grown up and adapted over time to the evolving game platforms, most games nowadays are naturally always going to be easier.
    Last edited by Senka; 2012-02-17 at 08:21 AM.

Just because you choose to play hard games on easy mode doesn't make them less challenging.

Take WoW for example. Starting with wotlk every instance after naxx everything has been hard and challenging if you kill it when it comes out

Killing stuff 4-5 months after it comes out after you gear up and things get nerfed doesn't count, normal modes don't count.

Do the stuff that is a challenge and you will be challenged

Deleted
    If you want a hard game rpg style go buy darksouls , you might want to buy another controller or 2 aswell , if you know what i mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    MEGAMAN For real

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    Do the stuff that is a challenge and you will be challenged
    And for the common man, Dragon Soul heroics are fucking hard, outside of Morchok.

I don't remember games ever being hard, maybe you just got better at them.

Deleted
    there are games that I had on my spectrum that I never even got close to finishing!

Quote Originally Posted by coreygeer View Post
    I remember Lion King for NES.. there's this one part where you're on the back of an Ostrich I think? I don't remember..

But there's one part where you have to Double Jump, I could never get past it.. that part made me rage like no tomorrow. That whole race scene was a PAIN IN THE ASS
    I remember the exact part that you are talking about lol I played that when I was 7 years old but then I remember I got so good at the game that I didn't lose a life but yeah getting that good was a PAIN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Ever play the Impossible Game?
    iphone/xbla?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, dark souls... oh wait...

Echo the dolphin was pretty hard. Which is weird considering it has such a cutesy theme.

Deleted
    Try Kingdom hearts Birth by sleep on critical mode on lvl 1 challenge, THAT is hard. in the end, you will get 1 shot by everything.
    If that is not hard eunogh, try to beat Mysterious figure aswell, it took me 2 weeks of tries to take him down, and I have heard that ppl have broken their psp against him (don't ask me how).

Another brutal recent game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclessia. Easy mode is a pretty typical romp through a metroidvania game, until you get to the harder bosses, who will murder you relentlessly. Even those aren't that bad though. What's bad is hard mode. Capped level, everything 2-3 shots you, boss fights can take 5-10 minutes, healing items are few and far between, mobs are everywhere. If you die, back to the last save point, and there's not a ton of those either. Still stuck on the 4th stage :/

Uncharted 3

Maybe more cheap than hard but fuck that. Normal was horrible. Crushing can go to hell.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Water level for TNMT for Nintendo.

Battletoads with your idiot friend on the hoverbike stage.

Actually finishing MYST.

Of course, you can do them all now and they aren't so hard as you remember, either.
    Another vote for TMNT. The original Ninja Gaiden was also something else, though the terrible controls had a lot to do with that. I don't think I ever killed the last guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ninja Gaiden Black for xbox was the only game I found really difficult, but pushing through hours and hours of dying repeatedly, I got better, just enough for the next challenge to kick my ass only just that bit more. After normal mode, progressing onto hard mode the game was altered where the original enemies were replaced with enemies on par and exceedingly greater than endgame for normal mode. the "tutorial" level took a few hours.
    It's been too long, if I picked it back up now there's no way I could refocus back to the insane difficulty incline without completely starting over.

I tend to only play console games on the expert difficulty setting and find most games to be pretty easy to beat with focused effort, like guitar hero, cod, gears of war, oblivion etc. Ninja Gaiden Black is by far the hardest thing I've ever played.
    Last edited by LeClaires; 2012-02-17 at 09:45 AM.
    I have men kneeling at my feet, asking for my hand in heroics. ~Raechelle, Ysera

Armoury:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...echelle/simple