Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The reason paladins want slow weapons is because of the nature of the way their attacks all work.
    Specifically, we want slow weapons because they have a higher damage range. Instant attacks like Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict ignore weapon swing speed because they're instant, so the slow speed won't matter but the higher damage will.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Specifically, we want slow weapons because they have a higher damage range. Instant attacks like Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict ignore weapon swing speed because they're instant, so the slow speed won't matter but the higher damage will.
    Actually, Crusader Strike is normalized, and TV and SoC-procs are non-normalized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I state anything about spells?

No.

I mentioned weapon speed and why the weapon speed shouldn't be fast. And yes, weapon speed is affected by haste.

My main weapon has a 2.20 sec weapon attack speed by default.

With +13.25% melee haste (1697 haste rating), attack speed has been reduced to 1.92 seconds.

A Retribution paladin can reduce his weapon attack speed to the point it'll get below optimum (3.40 to 3.60 seconds).

Mentioned nothing about spell haste at all.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Actually, Crusader Strike is normalized, and TV and SoC-procs are non-normalized.
    Unless my calculations are off, slower weapon speed still increases damage. Using the formula for normalized damage on Wowpedia:

normalized_damage = base_weapon_damage + (X * Attack Power / 14)
    Comparing 397 Experimental Specimen Slicer (3.6 speed) versus 397 Sulfuras (3.8 speed) with my paladin's current attack power, the Slicer's normalized damage comes out to 7654.63 while Sulfuras's comes out to 7867.63.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

No.

I mentioned weapon speed and why the weapon speed shouldn't be fast. And yes, weapon speed is affected by haste.

With +13.25% melee haste (1697 haste rating), attack speed has been reduced to 1.92 seconds.

A Retribution paladin can reduce his weapon attack speed to the point it'll get below optimum (3.40 to 3.60 seconds).

Again, you don't seem to understand melee haste. We want slow weapons, but that's not why we want slow weapons. Auto-attack speed is mostly irrelevant.

Kevyne, you really don't understand it. But I don't know how I should describe it to you.

You want to ignore spells like CS or TV, ok.

So let's look how you calculate the damage of your whitehits. You only use your Swing Speed on your weapon. Haste has no effect on that.
    It's just

(Average Weapon Damage) + (Weapon Speed)*(Attackpower/14).

This is where you're confused. For this calculation, all I use is the 3.8 or 3.6 or 3.5 that I find on my weapon. Not the hasted Attackspeed on the character panel.

Unless my calculations are off, slower weapon speed still increases damage. Using the formula for normalized damage on Wowpedia:

Comparing 397 Experimental Specimen Slicer (3.6 speed) versus 397 Sulfuras (3.8 speed) with my paladin's current attack power, the Slicer's normalized damage comes out to 7654.63 while Sulfuras's comes out to 7867.63.
    Yes, of course. A slower weapon will always produce higher damage, even with a normalized attack like CS.
    All I said was that attacks like TV or SoC-procs are not normalized, which means they directly use the weapon speed, which means that if you compare Sulfuras and Experimental, your sulfuras should produce even higher damage. More then the difference in CS-damage above.
    Last edited by Pope; 2012-02-20 at 09:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Except you clearly dont understand how haste affects mele weapon attacks.

Lets take http://www.wowhead.com/item=71352, Sulfuras Normal.

786.8 DPS, 2392-3589 Damage range, 3.8 attack speed.

That means with NO haste and no other bonuses (AP etc), you attack every 3.8 seconds, for between 2392-3589 damage equaling out to 786.8 dps.

If you increase your haste to the point where your mele auto attacks are swinging every 3 seconds, that means that you are swinging .8 seconds faster every time, for the SAME amount of damage (because as i mentioned earlier, the game does not recalculate the weapon's white min/max damage numbers on the fly to keep the DPS same as Haste goes up), which actually INCREASES your overall DPS. More haste will NEVER cause you to do less damage, the very idea is patently stupid to even consider.

No.

my weapon speed is 3.00, my damage is 5,000.
    I have 50% haste.
    My weapon speed is 1.50, my damage is still 5,000.
    Haste does not lower weapon damage, yes it will increase weapon speed, but it will not lower weapon damage.
    (theoretical numbers if you haven't caught on.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Yes, of course. A slower weapon will always produce higher damage, even with a normalized attack like CS.
    All I said was that attacks like TV or SoC-procs are not normalized, which means they directly use the weapon speed, which means that if you compare Sulfuras and Experimental, your sulfuras should produce even higher damage. More then the difference in CS-damage above.
    Ah, my bad. I thought you meant they'd do the same damage with normalized attacks.

Deleted
    am i still able to reduce my global cooldown as melee (rogue) via haste?
    And what is the actual cap for it?
    Couldnt find anything with google only 5 year old stuff which states spellhaste and this old thread ^^

Nice necro there. Anyway to answer your question, you can not reduce the global cooldown as a rogue, since the gcd by default is 1 sec, which is the cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Nice necro there. Anyway to answer your question, you can not reduce the global cooldown as a rogue, since the gcd by default is 1 sec, which is the cap.
    Thank you!