Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    This could be a fun thread, if there weren't so many people in it. Unfortunately, I would have to think long and hard to find anything that could put a damper on GW2. Not playing the fanboy or anything, but Anet is doing a nearly flawless job.
    Here's one thing they did wrong:

Why is the game not in my fucking hands yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides.. GW2 will fail how? if the sell 3 or 4 million copies, and only 2million people play after 1 year, they wont have to shut down the servers because of it.
    Also remember that GW2 is designed around the idea that you can stop playing for 3 months, then come back and keep doing whatever you were doing without paying a single dollar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2 will succeed for the very reasons you say it will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

Agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post

ArenaNet is just teasing you.
    The truth is we all actually have the game secretly, and your only one who doesn't have it.

Sorry guys...I had to tell him.

The fact that there's are no healers makes me very interested in GW2's PvP. Healers suck virtually all of the fun out of PvP in WoW.

WvW will make this game successfull.

/thread

Uploaded by SoundStrategyNetwork on Nov 21, 2011

Yeah... no. This thread was funny and all, and you almost got me there for a second OP, but as they say, you don't have to play the game if you don't want to.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxcis View Post
    [Disclaimer: Taken for discussion. Not as a start for a flame war or a way to troll. Purely as a point of interest I'm very much so looking forward to GW2]

Taken from the Tales of Tyria podcast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_kVA...ailpage#t=913s
    15 Minutes in.
    Obviously this is for the sake of discussion and as explained in the video the oppinions shared in this thread may not directly reflect what that individual thinks.

I had to try to actually find something that would cause the downfall of gw2 and this is what I came up with. Its mainly due to me having a discussion with one of my friends who knows little about GW2 and sounded very disappointed that he could not play a paladin tank or healer as those are his favourite roles in previous MMOs (ofcourse I explained and pointed out the guardian)

"The abolition of the holy trinity will make the hardcore players of the key roles in said trinity feel left out and short changed, therefore turning them off the game as it will not fill the needs for those players to be appriciated for the roles they perform"

Lets hear your discussion and your "views" on how GW2 could fail
    For starters I'd recommend changing the thread name. It will eventually attract the people that see it and read last few posts and then wind up responding negatively without reading your original post. OT: I can certainly see the idea of why people might not feel so amazingly recognized etc. But the way i see it is this. If your a hardcore player whether it be tank healer or dps. Its your skill level thats appreciated and admired. With that in mind while not being able to perform said role I'm fairly confident that the skill differencial between good average great bad and the truly amazing players will be noticable.

PvP-wise i see no problems at all in competitive pvp'ers being left out the systems in place look so amazing and unfathomable. So PvE-wise as far as i see it a vast majority of hardcore players will already be established in guilds or communities of people that know of their skill level already. Ultimately i believe the amount of hardcore players that actually feel left out because they can't play their niche role of healing etc will be far far less than those hardcore players that just rip it up skill wise. Keep in mind there are still support based builds you can do for some classes / all classes. Dont forget that. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The fact that there's are no healers makes me very interested in GW2's PvP. Healers suck virtually all of the fun out of PvP in WoW.
    Why exactly?
    Oh!

Because you have the entire fucking team yelling in BG chat "KILL THE HEALERSSSSS" whenever the healers are healing the healers and those healers are healing the other healers. If your team has enough of healers, your screwed.

I completely agree with the video. They tout GW2 as the next e-sport/competitive harcore PvP MMO...which is great!
    But they need those tools to bolster that. I would love to host a tourney but that can't happen without those tools.
    The game likely won't fail, but the "competitive GW2 PvP" could very well fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    ArenaNet is just teasing you.
    The truth is we all actually have the game secretly, and your only one who doesn't have it.

Sorry guys...I had to tell him.
    Bro, you broke the one single rule of our organization....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    But they need those tools to bolster that. I would love to host a tourney but that can't happen without those tools.
    What "tools?"
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

so basically, its because no-one will be a special little snowflake because they dont play the most played role? do you know how stupid that is?

Actually, you can go full healer in GW2. Just need the right main hand / off hand combo.

Sorry maybe my true intention was a little ill presented.
    I tried to start up a thread in relation the the video linked but its become pretty apparent that many people just read the title then skim read the origional post.

Just to reiterate, I personally think GW2 will be amazing but the idea was to get a discussion going by purposely nit picking and what I found is there is barely anything to actually draw from the game thats negative. Seriously, I had to try really hard to even come up with that one and obviously people have proven that statement wrong already and its only been about an hour. I've searched high and low for negative feedback on any aspect of the game from beta testers and found nothing that actually turned people off the game, thats why I made the thread, to see if anyone else could actually come up with something cognative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Actually, you can go full healer in GW2. Just need the right main hand / off hand combo.
    No you can't.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    As a long time (good) tank, I'm not worried about any lack of recognition. Good players will still get noticed.
    True and now ppl can just blame the or the tank If they die.
    They have themselves to blame because they did not use the right spell or dodge.
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

Changed the name of the thread. People should probably read the OP and/or watch the video before they jump down the OP's throat.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Changed the name of the thread. People should probably read the OP and/or watch the video before they jump down the OP's throat.
    Thank you!