Holy Priest 25M Heroic Yor'saj

About to do some pulls on this tonight and just trying to get the most / best tips for healing this fight. My main question has to do with deep corruptions. What heals have worked for you? I did find this list.

Priest

Desperate Prayer gives no stacks.
    Echo of Light gives no stacks (Holy Priest Mastery).
    Guardian Spirit gives no stacks.
    Prayer of Mending gives no stacks.
    Vampiric Embrace gives no stacks (Shadow Spec).
    Power Word: Barrier gives no stacks.
    Divine Aegis gives no stacks.
    Devouring Plague gives no stacks.
    Holy Word: Serenity gives 1 stack.
    Prayer of Healing gives 1 stack.
    Lightwell gives 1 stack per click (not per tick).
    Penance gives 1 stack per channel (not per tick).
    Power Word: Shield gives 1 stack, even without Glyph of Power Word: Shield.
    Binding Heal gives 1 stack to the target and 1 stack to the caster.
    Circle of Healing gives 1 stack per target healed.
    Holy Word: Sanctuary gives 1 stack, and 1 extra stack each time a player leaves and re-enters the AoE heal.
    Renew gives 1 stack for initial cast only, no stacks for ticks and no extra stacks when lengthened by Serenity Chakra (although the direct heal used to extend it will add a stack).
    Holy Nova gives 1 stack per person healed.
    Atonement gives 1 stack per heal, including 1 stack per tick of Holy Fire (Raid Wiper!).
    Divine Hymn gives 1 stack per tick. (Raid Wiper!)

My question is, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, and Heal are all missing. Are they my go to heals for keeping people up during this and not putting stacks on?

Thanks a bunch

Flash heal/GHeal/Heal all give one stack of corruption. You can roll renews refreshing in serenity or use a mix of direct heals and PoH in sanc, it isnt extremely healing intensive. Make sure to PoM on cd through the tank and time GS to save the tank if hes @4stacks with void bolt ticking.

Deleted
    I think you will find they are missing from that list because the 3 generic heals are a given. They are going to give a stack.

Whilst I would recommend going disc for this fight, as Holy during purple using greater heal on people should be enough to keep them up if they are positioned correctly.

Ofc pre hot the tank and as previously stated, keep POMMING the tank on cd. :P

Step 1 ) go discipline.

Step 2) pre shield either with PWS or just spammed POH on your group to stack up ohhh those 50k in DA shields pre debuff.

Step 3) drop barrier when called for /needed

I do most of that place holy, prefer holy.... and ... go disc for yor'saj.

Deleted
    ^this
    i play holy as my main priest spec but holy is really bad for yor'sahj heroic and so im going disc there every time too. im not saying that is it not possible, but it is just suboptimal since painsupp and barrier are such strong cooldowns + mana void can easily countered as disc by going using 5x stacks of atonement stuff (cant remember name atm). disc is just overall better there i feel.

if you play holy, rolling renews seems they way to go for purple phases. pre hot and just refresh the hot by g-heal, flashheal, binding heal and heal the group up one at a time. 4pc is quite good too since you should be able to precast a healzone without causing any debuffs if done properly to do some extra healing.

thing you have to ask rather than 'what heals can I cast' is 'how many heals can I cast before I start causing explosions?'

If you're 5-healing you'll be healing a full group and yourself. Suppose you have 6 targets to babysit, and deep corruption lasts 25 seconds. It would take 24 heals to get all your assigned targets to 4 stacks, but if you chained FHeal the whole time you'd only generate... 19 stacks. That's an average of 3 stacks on your group if you spammed FHeal the whole time. The point I'm trying to get across is you don't get punished for being spammy with FHeal or Bind, you only get punished for overheal. Use GHeal when you're caught up, bind and FHeal when you fall behind. It's fine, trust me.

For all the 'go disc' talk, I did this as holy just fine, and it actually helped us significantly on certain combos we were having difficulty with. The only remotely challenging combo for purple is purple/red/black which some people skip for RNG reasons, in which case you have another burst phase. If you're good at holy, be holy. Deep corruption isn't a compelling enough reason to force you into disc.

And.... I'm not sure about pre-stacking DA. at 40k mana to DA 2 groups, for 3 HPM, it's just not so amazing. Granted, mana batteries etc, but it's not like the blue bubble makes your manabar go back to full every time it pops. Being superfluous with mana usage like that could break you with phase RNG. I'm not sold on DA stacking, on any fight since alysrazor. Bubblespam is usually better (and it's difficult to combine the two / trying to steals throughput from bubblespam). But I'm positive a large portion of the community feels differently.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-02-24 at 07:44 AM.

Yall are over analyzing Yorsahj as holy. If your in charge of a single party, simple Gheal spam is more than plenty. As Zakula said, youd never reach the cap on stacks. Only real difficulty comes from tank healing, and only then on a 10 man if you don't have a Holy pally with all the super cheeses they can do during purple. And I tank heal on 10H as Holy and have no damn problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickss View Post
    Prayer of Healing gives 1 stack.
    havent tested it for ages, just got used to not using it on purple, but wasnt it also adding stack per each tick, if glyphed?

ignore ppl telling you to go discipline, this fight is easy as holy, and youre not going for worlds first, so just play spec which you enjoy most.
    not to mention that holy can push on this fight on 25man far better hps then disc

* make sure you assign healing targets for puple phases (for example by groups) to minimize cross-healing (and overhealing)
    * just use gheals (can also use fheals) on purple phase, put pom on tank every time its off cd and try not to overheal (no need to heal up dpsers who are at 80% hp, wait for them to drop to 50-60% and heal them then).
    * get used to phases and then experiment a bit with healing on purple, this fight can be very fun for healers, like real triage

Yeah, I also don't understand the discipline love for this fight. I go disc on a few fights but a heavy mastery holy build works perfect for me on Yor'sahj. The comments about the 5% regen from AA are particularly amusing. If you play the fight properly, you have zero mana issues (mana cd's -all priest hymns, SF, MTT, etc- after first blue mana bar depletion then kill the previous mana void after every next void. Easy). I'm sure the 15% healing helps, but I prefer serendipity since mana is almost a non-issue meaning I can abuse Bheal or Fheal and follow up with a hasted Gheal - all of which have 25% extra healing done from EoL with my mastery. I tend to Fheal when they're on 80% though instead of playing the waiting game and letting them drop to 50%. Soon as they're on 60% I'm using my serendipity stacked Gheals. I found keeping on top of the purple debuff was helpful and not solely relying on Gheals so that there's no supprise spike damage deaths. Like I said, mana is a non-issue mostly and allows this playstyle. You regen alot mid fight anyway with all the movement to/from oozes.

If you really want, you could go AA build for holy anyway and only lose out on 3% haste and 1min off your SF (which isn't a big issue given the length of most fights still only allows 2x casts anyway - really overrated talent imo).

Even bubble isn't as strong on this fight. The biggest CD for saving the raid when shit hits the pan is a shaman's SLT since you can just ignore people on high corruption stacks and leach heals onto them by healing another. All tanks have useful CDs with 4piece which are just as strong as a bubble or aura mastery.

Two more things: Be ready to chakra switch alot. Serenity for purple (but still use Prom on CD of course, usually bounced off a tank but should use on your group if tank is fine) and sanctuary otherwise. Use movement time to/from oozes to figured out what you need to be in. Guardian spirit adds no stacks and can be used to save tanks or people in the raid who can't be healed any more due to stacks.

Holy is fine.

I use allot of greater heal during purple phase, while in the single target chakrah.