Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    A technique that will only work 1v1.
    1v1s that will happen quite often in a mid-sized 5v5 match.

10+ Year Old Account
    A technique that will only work 1v1.
    It seemed to work fine when it was 1v3* and a full stable of necro pets .. are we not watching the same video?

You could call it poor gameplay, but nobody in that mob of players tried or succeeded in removing the thief from stealth while he poked the necro every 4s.
    Last edited by Chaith; 2012-04-11 at 05:42 PM.

You can fight back, though. You can swing/shoot without a target, let alone it being counter-able in other ways. The necromancer in that video was clearly terrible, as were his allies.
    Also, why would you not bring any Hard CC to PvP?
    Anything above a 1v1 will make that Thief worthless for obvious reasons, and in a 1v1 situation, they will have full attention to that person.
    Again, that necromancer was terrible.

I think CnD spam is idiotic mechanic-wise, but I also think it is an idiotic "Tactic" (if you can call it that). I feel it should definitely be changed because it will make Thieves one of, if not the best 1v1 class in lower-level play, but it is very far from overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn xD View Post
    Probably because the longest hard CC in the game is like, a 4 second stun from the warriors 3/3 adrenaline ability. This isn't WoW, you can't play MLD and 3v2 every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Probably because the longest hard CC in the game is like, a 4 second stun from the warriors 3/3 adrenaline ability. This isn't WoW, you can't play MLD and 3v2 every game.
    Even 1-2 seconds of control will make a difference.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    That doesn't translate into avoiding Hard CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    In a fight that the enemy can do nothing to fight back, it doesn't matter how 'worthless' the damage is (though 2k every 3seconds out of a less than 20k health pool isn't that low, esp if you're not fighting back. Look how short the fight was. GW2 fights aren't 2second fights, 30seconds isn't that long.)

I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to re-stealth after their stealth runs out, I'm saying there should be some way to counter it.
    Currently, it's just a straight up perma stealth. It needs to be a perma stealth unless they fight back, or SOMETHING, because currently it's unfair.
    It shouldn't be dependent on knockdowns, because having no way to fight back against someone unless you brought a specific counter skill is hardly fair.
    Delias... you CAN fight back... stealthed people
    1) leave foot prints
    2) move the environment when they walk
    3) make footstep noises
    4) still have that big flashy CnD swing animation when they use it (you know that big grey smear in the sky?)

Not to mention that
    1) you can use any skill whenever with no target
    2) he's not doing ANY major damage, oh no... 2.5k out of +16k health every 3 seconds... that's assuming he's in range, and that you haven't gotten like any vitality points EVER and actually have that low of health -_-'
    3) that dude got wrecked the second he dropped stealth but had an ally to save him.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn xD View Post
    You can fight back, though. You can swing/shoot without a target, let alone it being counter-able in other ways. The necromancer in that video was clearly terrible, as were his allies.
    Anything above a 1v1 will make that Thief worthless for obvious reasons, and in a 1v1 situation, they will have full attention to that person.
    Again, that necromancer was terrible.

I think CnD spam is idiotic mechanic-wise, but I also think it is an idiotic "Tactic" (if you can call it that). I feel it should definitely be changed because it will make Thieves one of, if not the best 1v1 class in lower-level play, but it is very far from overpowered.

This x1000
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Delias... you CAN fight back... stealthed people
    1) leave foot prints
    2) move the environment when they walk
    3) make footstep noises
    4) still have that big flashy CnD swing animation when they use it (you know that big grey smear in the sky?)

Not to mention that
    1) you can use any skill whenever with no target
    2) he's not doing ANY major damage, oh no... 2.5k out of +16k health every 3 seconds... that's assuming he's in range, and that you haven't gotten like any vitality points EVER and actually have that low of health -_-'
    3) that dude got wrecked the second he dropped stealth but had an ally to save him
    I think I <3 you.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh... just thought of something...

If Venoms work the way they should, then Pistols and Shortbows can at least temporarily apply Chill and Immobilize from a distance...even if only temporarily.

10+ Year Old Account

If Venoms work the way they should, then Pistols and Shortbows can at least temporarily apply Chill and Immobilize from a distance...even if only temporarily.
    well seeing as how the elite venom works with those 2, i'm going to go out on a ledge here and assume the other ones work with them too xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account

erhm, yes, i think that's actually a major design intend of those

10+ Year Old Account

yup

should do the same with apply poison and poison tip signet plus they'd have to have them be global to make them useful
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Ice drake venom + Unload = the mother of all slows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    Ice drake venom + Unload = the mother of all slows!
    it'd just apply all it's stacks in one skill prob, it doesnt have how many strikes it lasts but i would assume 3-4 untraited

if anything it'd be easier to remove with unload :|
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    it'd just apply all it's stacks in one skill prob, it doesnt have how many strikes it lasts but i would assume 3-4 untraited
    ice drake venom currently lasts for 3 hits, the chilled-effect itself for 6 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    ice drake venom currently lasts for 3 hits, the chilled-effect itself for 6 seconds.
    so all hits stacking up to 18 seconds
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    so all hits stacking up to 18 seconds
    pretty sure it won't stack the duration, that would be too strong. i expect it to just overwrite itself.

that does not make the multiple-hits-effect useless though, as 'skilled' players can use it either defensively (meaning you stop attacking for a few seconds before applying the next stack. this could be useful when you are going to use utility and heal skills anyway, and/or when you are just trying to survive, without your own dps beeing important for the next 10 seconds or so) or to control multiple opponents through hitting every of those only once.

the same would be true for all venoms, although the actual dot-effect of spider venom would probably stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chill
    Chilled is a condition that causes those affected by it to acquire a blue tint and have a 66% movement speed reduction. While chilled, skills already recharging will recharge 66% slower. Stacks in duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    movement speed and all skill cooldowns down to 33% for 18 seconds (!), because of one on-hit ability that has 45 seconds cooldown? o_O

that sounds WAY op, to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or way awesome!

By comparison:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Disa...rtbow_skill%29

Crippled for 3 seconds every 4.