Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    I don't like AOE in GW2 all together, since it's pretty easy to dodge out of them. And ranged definitely has no problem with ground-based AOE.
    Only in WvW,with a crapton of people, I can see it as actually useful.
    Well some AoE's (like marks and traps) are kinda easy to hit people with because they don't see them, the other ones are REALLY nice for zoning areas (like capture points)
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlAvJ...ature=youtu.be

A guide to Condition PvP build. I don't get why I am finding it so hard to understand this profession, I guess its because I read a description of something and I have no idea what it means. While playing Thief its pretty easy to understand the tooltips.

I hope this beta to get over this and finally be able to wrap my head around Necro.

Edit: Seems to me he never uses attack 1, any thoughts?
    Last edited by Cempa; 2012-06-08 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Edit: Seems to me he never uses attack 1, any thoughts?
    I saw him use 1 plenty of times, he just was makeing use of his other skills. 1 on scepter in particular would get used somewhat frequently as a condition build as it stacks a bleed.

Who is John Galt?

Could some one point me to a resource that can answer my question regarding different build characteristics?

I read this profession can spec as:

Glass cannon
    Outlast
    Death Shroud build
    and more functions or characteristics.

Thanks
    Last edited by Cempa; 2012-06-08 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    Could some one point me to a resource that can answer my question regarding different build characteristics?

I read this profession can spec as:

Glass cannon
    Outlast
    Death Shroud build
    and more functions or characteristics.

Thanks
    A good "Glass-cannon" necro I have yet to see... Don't think it's that great outside of Lich Form tbh.
    There's (from what I'm aware of)
    * Outlast
    * Deathshroud
    * Support (With many different builds!)
    * Condition (DoT spec)
    * Minion Master

I'm the source of this (via 30h or more of sPvP in last BWE)

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    A good "Glass-cannon" necro I have yet to see... Don't think it's that great outside of Lich Form tbh.
    * Outlast
    * Deathshroud
    * Condition (DoT spec)
    * Minion Master

Thanks!

As far as I can gather:

Staff = Support and needs to be played with others
    Deathshroud = I have no info on it
    Outlast = I have no info on it
    Condition = The guide above linked in my post dagger+horn / axe+? Great youtube guide sums it up
    Minion = I have no info on it.

Condition = bleeds and poisons
    Boons = buffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks!

As far as I can gather:

Deathshroud = I have no info on it
    Outlast = I have no info on it
    Condition = The guide above linked in my post dagger+horn / axe+? Great youtube guide sums it up
    Minion = I have no info on it.

Condition = bleeds and poisons
    Boons = buffs
    Scepter/dagger was what i used for conditions, and i used staff a bit to create big aoe blasts on groups... i also saw someone using a staff with spite for just big single target damage with the 1 skill, you can really play each weapon however as long as you spec right and the such (well to an extent).
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    * Outlast
    * Deathshroud
    * Condition (DoT spec)
    * Minion Master

Can add to that a power axe build and a high crit axe build.

Definitely not. I spent most of my time last BWE using a staff, solo or in groups. The staff is a support weapon for some classes, but it is definitely not just a support weapon for a necromancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Definitely not. I spent most of my time last BWE using a staff, solo or in groups. The staff is a support weapon for some classes, but it is definitely not just a support weapon for a necromancer.
    actually... it -can- be support for the necromancers, it just depends on how you use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    actually... it -can- be support for the necromancers, it just depends on how you use it!
    That's like saying a 2handed sword -can- be support, if you pick the right utilities and traits. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That's like saying a 2handed sword -can- be support, if you pick the right utilities and traits. >.>
    so... i guess applying regeneration to your allies, removing conditions from your allies, fearing people about to kill your allies, and then snaring large groups of enemies can't be used as support very very easily -_-'

I use staff for support and DS building...

You can use staff offensively if you want, and ive gotten that to work somewhat. However, Axe and scepter are just so superior in terms of offense that you'll be using them most of the time due to the aoe marks having such a long cooldown.

I basically run like this. I drop markbombs at the start, then continue the rest of the fight using axe. Staff is a really amazing opener.

Also....minions are bugged and not attacking anyone?
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2012-06-09 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Stolen from another thread on the official beta forums)

The staff would be much more managable if only: http://i.imgur.com/tLJDE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    (Stolen from another thread on the official beta forums)

The staff would be much more managable if only: http://i.imgur.com/tLJDE.jpg
    Staff is easy to use. Honestly, it took me all of 2 minutes to memorize which AoE did what. It's not that hard, really

Ability 2 is a bleed
    Ability 3 is a slow
    Ability 4 puts conditions or transfers condition from ally players to mobs.
    Ability 5 is a AoE fear

Staff
    Axe / Septer

Any thoughts on this build?

Has anyone found a limit to the number of jagger horrors you can have? They don't die slowly overtime anymore so that's pretty nice especially for minion necros. I think the most I had at one time was maybe 5, definitely at least 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Has anyone found a limit to the number of jagger horrors you can have? They don't die slowly overtime anymore so that's pretty nice especially for minion necros. I think the most I had at one time was maybe 5, definitely at least 4.
    Someones charged me with 6 before (the 6th might've been a bone minion idk) so i'd say if there IS a cap it's either 5 or 10.

I find myself drawn more and more to maining a Necro, but minions just seem to die so easily. In the case of my self heal minion in particular, I hardly ever got to use it because mobs would just focus it and ignore me, it would die in no time, and then of course they'd turn to me. I just found fighting more than one mob a little more difficult than on the other classes I played, though I tried to keep it to one mob at a time, but that doesn't always happen. I freely admit I could have been doing something wrong, but that was just my experience. /shrugs

i only played with the starting axe and the offhand ya get.. didnt like it. can't judge it off that tho.. im sure other wep combos would be alot better