Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm not a big fan of targeted teleports, it just takes too long as a escape mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    l2 fastcast.
    Unless your clicking your skills, it shouldn't take long at all. :P
    wut if my mouse is on the side of a wall :x
    Teleport through the wall!
    You're right, that's one flaw of targeted teleports. But with fast casting and smart casting, those type of teleports are going to be quite popular.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Teleport through the wall!
    You're right, that's one flaw of targeted teleports. But with fast casting and smart casting, those type of teleports are going to be quite popular.
    Explain fast casting a little more, It auto casts the spell your mouse is over right? What if my mouse is pointed in the air in the direction I want to go in instead of the ground? Would it just go the farthest it can in that direction?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Explain fast casting a little more, It auto casts the spell your mouse is over right? What if my mouse is pointed in the air in the direction I want to go in instead of the ground? Would it just go the farthest it can in that direction?
    I don't know. I don't know any MMOs that make use this concept. If anything, you would be correct unless you aim over a wall it would most likely stop you at the wall (unless the ability let you go through walls).

You move your mouse to where you want the skill to land THEN you hit the skill.
    It just removes the need to click, which increases your reaction speed.
    And with the 'cursor on the wall' issue.. it will do the EXACT same thing that would happen if you pressed the button and clicked on the wall..
    because.. uhh.. it's the exact same, just without the click. :P

You move your mouse to where you want the skill to land THEN you hit the skill.
    It just removes the need to click, which increases your reaction speed.
    And with the 'cursor on the wall' issue.. it will do the EXACT same thing that would happen if you pressed the button and clicked on the wall..
    because.. uhh.. it's the exact same, just without the click. :P
    I'm aware of that, read the question again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Wow, that's a really short CD for a heal that good. Now I might just have to change my heal spell

Equally impressive, the Scepter fight at 3m~. Did you see how locked down his opponent was? Barely did any attacks with 5 stacks of confusion but still taking a beating. Scepter/Torch ftw
    It is short, but my god that preparation cast in combat can get you killed -_-' personally, i'm going to stick with the one that heals you for more per clone, but that's just me =D!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I already answered your question.
    The answer is "it will do whatever it would do if you clicked there without fast casting enabled."
    So whatever it would do if you clicked the air or the wall, it will do.

10+ Year Old Account
    no one can answer that question yet because so far (i think) no mmos have had fast casting in their games... i'd imagine it'd just shoot you as far as you could in that direction but i can't say for certain.

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 09:53 AM ----------

The answer is "it will do whatever it would do if you clicked there without fast casting enabled."
    Zito's question was what would happen if the cursor was in the air in a direction.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

My question was, what happens if your mouse was not over the spot on the ground you would click instead it was up in the air above the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    no one can answer that question yet because so far (i think) no mmos have had fast casting in their games... i'd imagine it'd just shoot you as far as you could in that direction but i can't say for certain.
    It's the same as making a keyboard macro for WoW that makes you use the skill then left click automatically..
    It will do whatever would happen if you simply hit the skill and left clicked, so if you can't use an ability somewhere it will simply say that you can't use that there or whatever.
    Like if you hit the charrzooka's last skill with your mouse too close to your character.

It is short, but my god that preparation cast in combat can get you killed -_-' personally, i'm going to stick with the one that heals you for more per clone, but that's just me =D!
    You can prepare it before combat, if you get the trait you can use it twice before you have to recharge, and 3 seconds for a spell that heals you that much for such a low CD is pretty good.
    Zito's question was what would happen if the cursor was in the air in a direction.
    That was his question.
    [...] What if my mouse is pointed in the air in the direction I want to go in instead of the ground? Would it just go the farthest it can in that direction?

My question was, what happens if your mouse was not over the spot on the ground you would click instead it was up in the air above the ground.
    The same thing as would happen if you clicked on the air.
    The exact. Same. Thing. As I've now said.. four times.

How am I supposed to answer exactly how clicking the air would react when I haven't played the game?

The same thing as would happen if you clicked on the air.
    The exact. Same. Thing. As I've now said.. four times.

How am I supposed to answer exactly how clicking the air would react when I haven't played the game?
    I think what he means is, if you're looking out at the horizon and use an ability on the horizon line, what would happen? Meaning there is no relative spot on the ground where your cursor is. But yes, the ability will most likely go the furthest the spell can travel.

I think what he means is, if you're looking out at the horizon and use an ability on the horizon line, what would happen? Meaning there is no relative spot on the ground where your cursor is. But yes, the ability will most likely go the furthest the spell can travel.
    This, it also makes complications for chaos storm :'(

You can prepare it before combat, if you get the trait you can use it twice before you have to recharge, and 3 seconds for a spell that heals you that much for such a low CD is pretty good.
    Watching a video of empathy now, heals for 6.8k with no clones.

So if you want mantras to be useful you have to get that trait.

:/
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-30 at 03:01 PM.

And, as I've said, we can't know without trying it ourselves.
    I ASSUMED his question had something to do with what we were actually talking about, which was the differences between fast casting and normal casting.
    So I ASSUMED that my answer of 'it will do whatever you would do if you hit your skill and clicked in the air" was sufficient.
    Seeing as the actual question itself of "how will the game react when I hit a skill then click the air?" is not answerable by anyone who hasn't either tried it or worked at anet.

And, as I've said, we can't know without trying it ourselves.
    I ASSUMED his question had something to do with what we were actually talking about, which was the differences between fast casting and normal casting.
    So I ASSUMED that my answer of 'it will do whatever you would do if you hit your skill and clicked in the air" was sufficient.
    Seeing as the actual question itself of "how will the game react when I hit a skill then click the air?" is not answerable by anyone who hasn't either tried it or worked at anet.
    Yea and it's a god damn fucking question, if we don't know yet just state it. Don't get your pantys in a bunch. I was just trying to reword it to sound what allanon rephrased for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, it also makes complications for chaos storm :'(

Watching a video of empathy now, heals for 6.8k with no clones.

So if you want mantras to be useful you have to get that trait.

:/
    nah, mantras will be useful, 11 sec CD (including the prep cast), that can be popped AT ANY TIME instantly, it'll totally have its uses and then traited it'd be pretty sexy too. It'll be down to personal preference, do you want an instant cast heal on a short CD? or do you want a fairly large heal on a bigger CD?

nah, mantras will be useful, 11 sec CD (including the prep cast), that can be popped AT ANY TIME instantly, it'll totally have its uses and then traited it'd be pretty sexy too. It'll be down to personal preference, do you want an instant cast heal on a short CD? or do you want a fairly large heal on a bigger CD?
    I'll be going with mantra :x.

Ima go with a mass invis build so I can always hide and cast mantra, I'LL NEVER DIE MUAHAHAHA

Yea and it's a god damn fucking question, if we don't know yet just state it. Don't get your pantys in a bunch.
    I don't like being told to re-read a question and treated like an idiot when I have already answered the question.
    Not my fault you decided to change it after.
    What you said was "Explain fast casting a little more, It auto casts the spell your mouse is over right? What if my mouse is pointed in the air in the direction I want to go in instead of the ground?"
    You asked what FAST CASTING specifically does in that situation, so I answered with - the same thing that hitting an ability and clicking there would do.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-03-30 at 03:11 PM.

I don't like being told to re-read a question and treated like an idiot when I have already answered the question.
    Not my fault you decided to change it after.
    What you said was "Explain fast casting a little more, It auto casts the spell your mouse is over right? What if my mouse is pointed in the air in the direction I want to go in instead of the ground?"
    You asked what FAST CASTING specifically does in that situation, so I answered with "The exact same thing that hitting an ability and clicking there would do."
    And I stated I'm aware of that, however I wasn't talking about targeting failures. Which was then detailed better by someone else.

answer = we have to play it
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-30 at 03:14 PM.