Page 46 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it isn't from the guardian because the guy in that thread said it came from his signet of inspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Grrr, this is infuriating. I HAVE TO KNOW!
    The shield comes from a random boon caused by the Signet of Inspiration.

I watched the video and the feather shield appears when the fist icon appears - This is the icon for the boon Retaliation
    Retaliation is a boon which does X damage to an opponent each time they hit you.
    Hope I have alleviated your frustration

10+ Year Old Account
    yayyyy finally. It was eating at me. thanks you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaidu View Post
    The shield comes from a random boon caused by the Signet of Inspiration.

I watched the video and the feather shield appears when the fist icon appears - This is the icon for the boon Retaliation

Hope I have alleviated your frustration
    Actually retaliation changed and now reflects all single target damage you take back to the attacker, however regardless of the fact it says REFLECT it didn't seem to actually prevent the damage from hurting you, it did however do the same damage that you took back to the attacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Actually retaliation changed and now reflects all single target damage you take back to the attacker, however regardless of the fact it says REFLECT it didn't seem to actually prevent the damage from hurting you, it did however do the same damage that you took back to the attacker.
    O_o

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retaliation

The wiki doesn't reflect that. Is that what the in-game tooltip said?
    I hope it's changed as you described, as it makes the boon significantly more effective.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I remember is a trait that makes distortion also reflect.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I remember is a trait that makes distortion also reflect.
    Yeah, that's Reflect, not Retaliation.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reflect
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I saw a phantasm doing the animation a ranger does when he's doing whirling defense. Is that the illusionary warden?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    O_o

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retaliation

The wiki doesn't reflect that. Is that what the in-game tooltip said?
    I hope it's changed as you described, as it makes the boon significantly more effective.
    Wiki is wrong, Beta told me what i posted lol, and from what i noticed it NEVER affected AoE abilities like dragon tooth, however it did always work on single target... (the damage not reflecting)
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I was pretty set on playing a Necromancer...now I'm not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wiki is wrong, Beta told me what i posted lol, and from what i noticed it NEVER affected AoE abilities like dragon tooth, however it did always work on single target... (the damage not reflecting)
    I repeat: Reflection is not Retaliation.

Reflecting is a technique used to block and return incoming projectile attacks to the source.
    Retaliation is a boon which does X damage to an opponent each time they hit you.
    If the wiki is wrong, fine, but this "reflect" thing y'all are talking about was already around, and is not the same thing in the slightest.

I would love to see Retaliation changed so that it reflects a percentage of the damage dealt to you, regardless of the type of the attack, because then it actually scales with something. But I'm convinced you two are confusing a boon with an effect.

Reflection has been around since, at worst, May 2011. Retaliation has only been around since this: http://www.arena.net/blog/beta-development-update
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-02 at 05:13 PM.

So I saw a phantasm doing the animation a ranger does when he's doing whirling defense. Is that the illusionary warden?
    It is, but from what I played warden isn't that good, its stationary unless you shatter it and trying to set it up to reflect projectiles is aggravating. Also I don't think it reflects 100% of projectiles or just ones being aimed at it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I repeat: Reflection is not Retaliation.

If the wiki is wrong, fine, but this "reflect" thing y'all are talking about was already around, and is not the same thing in the slightest.

I would love to see Retaliation changed so that it reflects a percentage of the damage dealt to you, regardless of the type of the attack, because then it actually scales with something. But I'm convinced you two are confusing a boon with an effect.

Reflection has been around since, at worst, May 2011. Retaliation has only been around since this: http://www.arena.net/blog/beta-development-update
    No, i'm NOT. if you highlight over the retaliation effect in game it says, and i quote, "Reflects all damage taken back to the source." however, it did not REFLECT the damage back, you still took damage and then they took the same amount of damage, however it did not work on AOEs (if the aoe was a ricochet then it worked but if it was like meteor shower it did not).

I know what the reflect effect is, and it's not what i'm talking about.

---------- Post added 2012-06-02 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It is, but from what I played warden isn't that good, its stationary unless you shatter it and trying to set it up to reflect projectiles is aggravating. Also I don't think it reflects 100% of projectiles or just ones being aimed at it.
    Actually, i used the warden religiously in the beta and it reflected any projectile thrown at it while he was flailing around, i put him down when i was fighting ranged enemies and then hid behind him as i deal with melee ones or fired at them from behind my warden shield xD. Btw, he will NOT move from his location once spawned, if he's not using whirling defense he'll just stand there and stare at the enemy menacingly until it gets off CD.
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-06-03 at 04:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, i'm NOT. if you highlight over the retaliation effect in game it says, and i quote, "Reflects all damage taken back to the source." however, it did not REFLECT the damage back, you still took damage and then they took the same amount of damage, however it did not work on AOEs (if the aoe was a ricochet then it worked but if it was like meteor shower it did not).
    As I said, I hope you're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have any guesses for what they might be changing about the mesmer next weekend? WE'LL MAKE A GAME OF IT!

Deleted
    Moths instead of butterflies. You heard it here first!

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have any guesses for what they might be changing about the mesmer next weekend? WE'LL MAKE A GAME OF IT!
    Mesmer has actually been entirerly scrapped because 8 is to large of a number and mesmer was to iconic to the GW series ;D.

On a more serious note, i have a feeling they'll either have MORE or some changed utility (and maybe elite) skills due to a lot of them, imo, being kinda lack luster.

I really hope we got some more interesting elite skills to replace the other 3.

I think we may get a tweak to Confusion or some confusing causing skills.

I also think the Scepter may get a change (for the better).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritz347 View Post
    I really hope we got some more interesting elite skills to replace the other 3.
    Your elite skills are more interesting than the Guardian ones, imo.

Your elite skills are more interesting than the Guardian ones, imo.
    IDK, the tomes are kind of neat. Fully healing up to 5 allies? That's badass. The Mesmer has nothing that good for elites.