Page 84 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol that subpar shatter is the one i used religiously, it applied 6 stacks of confusion on all enemies in the area of the illusions when they shatter (at 3 illusions) as well as throwing retaliation on all allies within range for a wopping 9 seconds if i shattered 3... and every single thing you do in this game is an attack/ability, so if they're not using any of those you know what that means? You and your allies aren't taking any damage!! That's a win win to me!!
    As I suck with theorycrafting: mind posting your build with stat priorities? It sounds hilarious!

lol that subpar shatter is the one i used religiously, it applied 6 stacks of confusion on all enemies in the area of the illusions when they shatter (at 3 illusions) as well as throwing retaliation on all allies within range for a wopping 9 seconds if i shattered 3... and every single thing you do in this game is an attack/ability, so if they're not using any of those you know what that means? You and your allies aren't taking any damage!! That's a win win to me!!
    are those with traits though? I thought it was just like 1 stack per illusion, no retaliation on allies, and only for like 6-7 seconds
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    are those with traits though? I thought it was just like 1 stack per illusion, no retaliation on allies, and only for like 6-7 seconds
    If you trait confusion applying on all shatters the confusion shatter now applies 2 stacks per illusion instead of 1.

I wish PvP items had more customize able stats. It is really limited atm.

Confusion is an amazing status IMO.
    I've been running sPvP with a Staff / Scepter + Pistol and using Confusion a LOT and it has been awesome so far.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...Lmxa00xomcVMVs

Sources of Confusion:

1. Confusing Images - Channeled, awesome damage and the confusion really helps. Usually i will use this just after i used Magic Bullet.
    2. Cry of Frustration - My Shatter. AoE Confusion, Vulnerability and Retaliation.
    3. Null Field - AoE Confusion and debuff. Awesome.
    4. Counterspell - Blind and Confusion in a line, love to use this in Warriors charging me.

The staff is specially useful due to Chaos Storm, Phantasmal Warlock and Winds of Chaos.

I don't know how this would work in a tournament, but in random sPvP matches i'm having a lot of fun. If someone doesn't want to suicide by Confusion he will be shut down for a few seconds. Win / win in my book. Also, Phantasmal Warlock is a beast. Gotta love how people usually don't target him. And Mirror Image is awesome to get some quick illusions to fuel your shatters.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    is mind wrack damage just boosted by power? or power + weapon damage? or anything else?
    Based On attack which is determined both by weapon(s) and power
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    Based On attack which is determined both by weapon(s) and power
    Hmm... I'll have to keep that in mind while using dual sword. Has anyone figured out (pve) how to keep maximum uptime on illusions yet? I was thinking pop them on a veteran or something (assuming I can) so it stays up longer. But that runs into the issue of illusions not target swapping, something that I think would be fantastic so we could have a little more control over what they do, instead of them freaking out if a target does something weird.

That keeps happening to me as well. My illusions like to refuse to attack sometimes when surrounded by enemies. Only noticed it on the sword 3,4,5 skills so far, but it's really annoying.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too use mind wrack everytime it's off cooldown (although I do not use signet of illusions as there are several other traits I find more useful). I run a mind wrack build with the +dmg and +crit traits. Maybe I have a weird playstyle, but I use my illusions as damage and confusion "bombs" rather than pets and go through at least 6 per mob.
    Tarnished Coast [CRZY]
    Kumorii - 80 Mesmer
    Chärity - 80 Guardian
    Calinë - 80 Elementalist

but I use my illusions as damage and confusion "bombs" rather than pets
    Finally

Somebody understands...

Quote Originally Posted by ayimera View Post
    I too use mind wrack everytime it's off cooldown (although I do not use signet of illusions as there are several other traits I find more useful). I run a mind wrack build with the +dmg and +crit traits. Maybe I have a weird playstyle, but I use my illusions as damage and confusion "bombs" rather than pets and go through at least 6 per mob.
    I might have to try that out, maybe it'll make them useful with the dual sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Hmm... I'll have to keep that in mind while using dual sword. Has anyone figured out (pve) how to keep maximum uptime on illusions yet? I was thinking pop them on a veteran or something (assuming I can) so it stays up longer. But that runs into the issue of illusions not target swapping, something that I think would be fantastic so we could have a little more control over what they do, instead of them freaking out if a target does something weird.

That keeps happening to me as well. My illusions like to refuse to attack sometimes when surrounded by enemies. Only noticed it on the sword 3,4,5 skills so far, but it's really annoying.
    All weapons gave some amount of weapon damage on them even war horns and shields

Pretty certain they add all that together, add power on top of that and that's your attack

Now how attack directly affects you abilities is still under debate

Con damage and healing power don't modify any base stat however
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Finally

Somebody understands...
    What makes you think the rest of us don't understand it? I just want to make them into better bombs.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted

Portal is meh IF YOU ASK ME, all it does is let you teleport between the two locations, it can be good in situations, especially for escape, but idk what it'd be good for other then that...
    jumping puzzles, not only to make up for mistakes, but one good mesmer can take a whole group throuhg most puzzles easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    All weapons gave some amount of weapon damage on them even war horns and shields

Pretty certain they add all that together, add power on top of that and that's your attack

Now how attack directly affects you abilities is still under debate

Con damage and healing power don't modify any base stat however
    I don't think the sword skills scale anywhere near 1:1 then. I have a sword that does (sake of arguement here) 600-700 and none of my skills do anywhere near that. Maybe we just lose a bit of damage for the sheer amount of control we can have with conditions and all that. Or I might just feel under paced with damage compared to Ele and necro (do stuff with those all the time). They do tons more damage, but I have better control over a pack of mobs, or even an entire room in a dungeon.

On the topic of better bombs, does the distortion? ( think it's distortion, the last shatter) effect seem like it doesn't last very long at all to anyone? I haven't seen a way to boost up times on the boon/conditions that they do, and I don't think that it's possible. But now that we've seen everything in release, I think that we need to have more control over our illusions, as I feel that the AI kind of sucks at anything besides standing there. Maybe it's a technical limitation, but I think one way to improve would be to let us have the means to shatter illusions individually, on different targets, instead of them all shattering at once on the same target. Sure we'd have more micro kind of feeling to the class, but it might be a serious qol change for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I don't think the sword skills scale anywhere near 1:1 then. I have a sword that does (sake of arguement here) 600-700 and none of my skills do anywhere near that. Maybe we just lose a bit of damage for the sheer amount of control we can have with conditions and all that. Or I might just feel under paced with damage compared to Ele and necro (do stuff with those all the time). They do tons more damage, but I have better control over a pack of mobs, or even an entire room in a dungeon.

On the topic of better bombs, does the distortion? ( think it's distortion, the last shatter) effect seem like it doesn't last very long at all to anyone? I haven't seen a way to boost up times on the boon/conditions that they do, and I don't think that it's possible. But now that we've seen everything in release, I think that we need to have more control over our illusions, as I feel that the AI kind of sucks at anything besides standing there. Maybe it's a technical limitation, but I think one way to improve would be to let us have the means to shatter illusions individually, on different targets, instead of them all shattering at once on the same target. Sure we'd have more micro kind of feeling to the class, but it might be a serious qol change for us.
    Skills most likely use coefficients to modify attack somewhere in the formula
    The Original Ganksta

How do you guys deal with Thieves and Warriors in sPvP ? :S
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

So I made a new build for all you offhand sword loving freaks. (That means you kel)

This is a MELEE build, pure melee get use to it ho's!

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul....0.10.20.20.20

Time to explain a little... I think Iwarden is bugged because with phantasmal haste it has a 1 sec attack cd. Meaning basiclly there will only be a 1 sec window where ranged attacks will get threw to the warden. Meaning before this is fixed, you milk the hell out of this because this makes it better then feedback on a shorter cd. Curtain is also a nice pull and a reflect and conditon cleansing.

/nerdgasum...

Ok now you are wondering why double sword sword/focus? Well Main hand sword is good, really good. Like stfu don't mess with me good. With blade training it is even better with 8 sec blurred frenzy instead of 10. The main trick on getting npcs is to dodge backwards, unleash leap and then teleport. This actually for some reason fucks with the npcs genetic code of who to attack and gives some window of freedom.

Now Idefender. I love this guy. I will marry him if gay marriage was legal but since its just a clone of yourself you can marry it! this reduces half the damage you take TO HIM. With 20% increased health for phantasms and signet of illusions omg if he isn't physically targeted he will last awhile. Get 2 up and your golden!.

Now what you don't see at the first eye is the regeneration/protection minor trait combo. Basiclly regeneration gives protection from your phantasms? The problem? It's range is small like 600 range or something, the good news is YOU ARE MELEE! You should be actively near your phantasms unless otherwise.

You can mess around with other traits but I feel this is the best set up. Stats you want to stack are power and toughness with the last one being your choice. My personal preferred is healing power to increase ether feasts and regeneration healing.

You could also go Idisenchanter I don't like him much, your condition cleansers bounce is short ranged only bounces twice on allies. Eventhough its short cd it's less control over nullfield and nullfield will remove more boons in a burst fashion.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-09-06 at 02:19 AM.

Deleted
    Nice post. But the link leads to a Sword/Pistol + Staff build, not Sword/Sword+Sword/Focus

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Nice post. But the link leads to a Sword/Pistol + Staff build, not Sword/Sword+Sword/Focus
    For some reason it is not saving sword/sword sword/focus

So until it gets fixed its sword/sword sword/focus people

Also I forgot to mention but Phantasmal defender... yea he knocksdown foes. I love him.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 02:15 AM ----------

It is also not saving traits hold on let me use another site

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 02:19 AM ----------

Link is now fixed:

So I made a new build for all you offhand sword loving freaks. (That means you kel)

This is a MELEE build, pure melee get use to it ho's!

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul....0.10.20.20.20

Time to explain a little... I think Iwarden is bugged because with phantasmal haste it has a 1 sec attack cd. Meaning basiclly there will only be a 1 sec window where ranged attacks will get threw to the warden. Meaning before this is fixed, you milk the hell out of this because this makes it better then feedback on a shorter cd. Curtain is also a nice pull and a reflect and conditon cleansing.

/nerdgasum...

Ok now you are wondering why double sword sword/focus? Well Main hand sword is good, really good. Like stfu don't mess with me good. With blade training it is even better with 8 sec blurred frenzy instead of 10. The main trick on getting npcs is to dodge backwards, unleash leap and then teleport. This actually for some reason fucks with the npcs genetic code of who to attack and gives some window of freedom.

Now Idefender. I love this guy. I will marry him if gay marriage was legal but since its just a clone of yourself you can marry it! this reduces half the damage you take TO HIM. With 20% increased health for phantasms and signet of illusions omg if he isn't physically targeted he will last awhile. Get 2 up and your golden!.

Now what you don't see at the first eye is the regeneration/protection minor trait combo. Basiclly regeneration gives protection from your phantasms? The problem? It's range is small like 600 range or something, the good news is YOU ARE MELEE! You should be actively near your phantasms unless otherwise.

You can mess around with other traits but I feel this is the best set up. Stats you want to stack are power and toughness with the last one being your choice. My personal preferred is healing power to increase ether feasts and regeneration healing.

You could also go Idisenchanter I don't like him much, your condition cleansers bounce is short ranged only bounces twice on allies. Eventhough its short cd it's less control over nullfield and nullfield will remove more boons in a burst fashion.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-09-06 at 02:21 AM.

Quick question I am hoping somebody can help me with.

New to the game and Mesmer. As I understand it Power is a stat that more just straight boosts your hitting power (Damage), while +Condition damage effects the strength of your DoTs.

I was wondering which of the Mesmer spells do these effect? In particular Condition Damage as I was thinking of heading in that route.

Illusion damage like the Pistol off hand illusion and the Warlock illusion, their damage, is that changed due to Condition or Power? (Or neither / both).

Just trying to wrap my head around it, sorry for the possibly silly question.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptical View Post
    Quick question I am hoping somebody can help me with.

New to the game and Mesmer. As I understand it Power is a stat that more just straight boosts your hitting power (Damage), while +Condition damage effects the strength of your DoTs.

I was wondering which of the Mesmer spells do these effect? In particular Condition Damage as I was thinking of heading in that route.

Illusion damage like the Pistol off hand illusion and the Warlock illusion, their damage, is that changed due to Condition or Power? (Or neither / both).

Just trying to wrap my head around it, sorry for the possibly silly question.
    Condtion damage increase dot damage. Does the phantasm you summon apply a dot? If the answer is no then condition damage does nothing. Power increases the strength of an attack if your phantasm inflicts a dot power does nothing for it.

It's really straightforward.