Page 39 of 133 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    So with the newly added blurred frenzy ability for sword mesmers, "Strike your foe with a flurry of strikes, distorting the space around you, making you evade attacks." I wonder what this is going to look like. Is it going to be like the warriors greatsword ability hundred blades where you just do a channeled flurry of strikes, and why you're channeling you get a buff that makes all attacks against you miss? Or is there going to be leaping and doding about involved?
    It is like greatswords ability. You stay stationary and channel it for like 2 seconds and evades attacks for the channel.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It is like greatswords ability. You stay stationary and channel it for like 2 seconds and evades attacks for the channel.
    That's pretty cool. It allows the mesmer to stay in melee range without getting obliterated due to his cloth armor. I was actually afraid of the dual sword mesmers viability until they added blurred frenzy in. Gahhh the mesmer is sounding more and more delicious.

It's not tactical if you can do it after the target is downed. erk
    Depends on how you are using the term tactical. If you are using it the correct way, then you can the clones to stop a enemies from getting rezzed by allies (I've seen plenty of videos where 2 or more enemies both go to a downed player to help him up ... that's a great time for an aoe explosion), to stun or burst a newly rallied enemy (before he can heal), to distort while you finish the downed player off, or to just keeps clones up a little longer for extra damage or heals (if traited).

I can't be held responsible for how you misuse words

Depends on how you are using the term tactical. If you are using it the correct way
    First of all its your way, meaning your own definition, don't try and be smart with your own definitions.

Second of all it isn't tactical if the only thing you have to do is click a button to kill a downed guy in one shot, that is just cheap and OP and becomes an impulse to every single mesmer. Its tactical to use shatter before they are downed because the questions arise:

Do I still need visual confusion via clones?
    Do I waste my shatter now?
    Is the damage currently worth it?

and plenty others I don't need to bother listing.

Do I still need visual confusion via clones?
    Do I waste my shatter now?
    Is the damage currently worth it?

and plenty others I don't need to bother listing.
    How are those tactical questions? If the player is downed and the illusions disappear anyways, all you'd be doing is putting 1 shatter on CD if you choose to use it while if you choose not to then you wasted 1 or more clones. Those very same questions you pose become much more meaningful if the clones stay up after the player is downed -- because then you really have to decide to use a shatter when an enemy is so close to death or save it to use TACTFULLY after he is downed. Using the damage from Mind Wrack over an elementalist's nuke on a downed player, or any other profession's attacks, are the same -- how is that more OP than any other ability used on a downed player? Plus that is just one of several tactful uses of a shatter when a target is downed.

It's much less a decision if the clones die when the enemy is downed ... might as well shatter them before they are useless. In fact, you'd just be a bad player to not shatter before a player is downed in almost all instances.

Also, as an aside, most words have standard, accepted definitions. For example:

Tactical

: of or relating to combat tactics: as a (1) : of or occurring at the battlefront <a tactical defense> <a tactical first strike> (2) : using or being weapons or forces employed at the battlefront <tactical missiles> b of an air force : of, relating to, or designed for air attack in close support of friendly ground forces

And since we all hate a definition that uses another undefined word in its definition:

Tactics

a : the science and art of disposing and maneuvering forces in combat b : the art or skill of employing available means to accomplish an end

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    snip
    Your original example doesn't follow by the definition of tactics either.

So in the end your statement is just subjective by your own opinion and so is mine.

Deleted
    Though I cant say for certain in the video if its target swapping, body blocking
    With all your talk about body blocking, I just gotta ask; you do know that models no longer physically block the space they occupy like they did in GW1, right?

Edit: nvm, you probably meant that the clone took the attack because it was standing in front of the Mesmer and thus being the model hit.
    Last edited by mmoc037083865a; 2012-04-17 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about it though. If a downed guy has 3 illusions wailing on him, it's impossible to use your heal spell because it breaks on damage, would kinda be OP.
    That heal skill is meant to pick you up when you're all alone and have nothing to kill and no one to rez you, not to help you get up in the middle of battle, and i've seen several videos of 3 mesmer clones running over and bashing some poor downed dudes face in because they frankly don't like him breathing xD.

The clones only break when the target DIES no is downed, same with rallying from a downed state you don't rally if you down another player you have to KILL them.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    With all your talk about body blocking, I just gotta ask; you do know that models no longer physically block the space they occupy like they did in GW1, right?

Edit: nvm, you probably meant that the clone took the attack because it was standing in front of the Mesmer and thus being the model hit.
    He was talking about body-blocking attacks bro.

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    The clones only break when the target DIES no is downed, same with rallying from a downed state you don't rally if you down another player you have to KILL them.
    I'm finding that to kinda defeat the purpose of the downed state, personally. The first person who's downed is more likely to die, imo, because he has less time to make a comeback.

It's much more likely that putting somebody into a downed state will rally you. Also note: the Thief Downed #2, unless it's changed, causes you to teleport randomly and then also stealth. Allowing you to use the heal skill to rez yourself in battle.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    He was talking about body-blocking attacks bro.

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 02:44 PM ----------

I'm finding that to kinda defeat the purpose of the downed state, personally. The first person who's downed is more likely to die, imo, because he has less time to make a comeback.

It's much more likely that putting somebody into a downed state will rally you. Also note: the Thief Downed #2, unless it's changed, causes you to teleport randomly and then also stealth. Allowing you to use the heal skill to rez yourself in battle.
    the thief and ranger are both aligned to be elusive and tough to kill though, that's why they both get back up on their feet pretty freaking easily once going into downed, the ranger just rezes their pet and goes "hey come rez me" where the thief teleports away and licks their wounds in stealth. And judging from EVERY pvp video we have putting someone into downed doesn't rally you, and you don't know that just cause you're in downed state that you're dead, someone could put a healing effect under you, or pop a utility or even just run over and hit F to rez you where the other person may not get ANY assistance.

The point of downed state isn't to guarantee that you'll get back on your feet, the downed state is there to give you a CHANCE to get back up, just because you get downed first doesn't mean you'll die first but there's a REALLY good chance you will...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are all mantras 3 seconds?

Are all mantras 3 seconds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. interesting. Also, are there any good videos or pictures showing the different masks you choose from your biography? Can't seem to find any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    the thief and ranger are both aligned to be elusive and tough to kill though, that's why they both get back up on their feet pretty freaking easily once going into downed, the ranger just rezes their pet and goes "hey come rez me" where the thief teleports away and licks their wounds in stealth. And judging from EVERY pvp video we have putting someone into downed doesn't rally you, and you don't know that just cause you're in downed state that you're dead, someone could put a healing effect under you, or pop a utility or even just run over and hit F to rez you where the other person may not get ANY assistance.

The point of downed state isn't to guarantee that you'll get back on your feet, the downed state is there to give you a CHANCE to get back up, just because you get downed first doesn't mean you'll die first but there's a REALLY good chance you will...
    Either way, it just seems like one of those things that will cause Downed to be much less useful in PvP. Which...sounds wrong to me. :S
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, it just seems like one of those things that will cause Downed to be much less useful in PvP. Which...sounds wrong to me. :S
    downed will be totally useful in pvp you kidding me? it's like getting a well placed rez sig in RA it can 100% change the tide of battle and turn what was a defeat into a victory, especially when you're running with someone like me whose going to have a nature spirit tagging behind me ready to insta rez everyone around me and laugh at the misfortune of the poor enemy who thought they were winning =D!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish mesmers had an ability where they could make a doppelganger of the targeted enemy. Functions like a phantasm, but it has the opponents appearance and abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish mesmers had an ability where they could make a doppelganger of the targeted enemy. Functions like a phantasm, but it has the opponents appearance and abilities.
    Hrm... new Elite Skill: Doppelganger?

Has tons of HP, and copies the weapon skills of the targeted enemy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm... new Elite Skill: Doppelganger?
    Yes, would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else praying somebody does a dual sword pvp this beta weekend?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else praying somebody does a dual sword pvp this beta weekend?
    I'm not sure I like the way Leap works, tbh, since the clone-swap part can only be used for 5 seconds... meaning it will typically take you back out of melee range.

I keep wishing Distortion would be replaced with a clone swap.