Deleted

Questions about Hall of monuments

I'm currently thinking about buying Guild Wars 1 in order to get some rewards from the Halls of monuments. Now, I have never played Guild Wars before and I'm wondering how long it would take to unlock 30 out of the 50 rewards. And also, does the rewards change with which character you choose to play? E.g if I choose a light armor profession, will that have any effect on the rewards?

If you played pretty diligently you could get near or to 30 in about a month. Maybe 2 or 3 months of more casual play. My roommate plays a few hours a day and is 25/50 after a month. A lot of the titles come from money, so i suggest maybe looking at some farming builds here: http://www.gwpvx.com/PvX_wiki

If any of those look interesting I'd pick that profession, then play through all the campaigns first, then work on farming. To be honest, with a little more effort any profession can farm somewhere in the game effectively, and don't let people tell you otherwise.

For your last question, your profession won't have hardly any impact on the rewards. It is true that elementalist and rangers have the cheapest armors, but the difference is maybe an hour's worth of farming extra. Pick a class that you think you will enjoy. Any class can be successful, and it's super important to enjoy what you're doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    The reward doesn't care which character you play. It will however take considerable amount of time to unlock them all if you start from scratch.

2 months of play~ for 30 points if you start fresh and follow a set pattern going : Nightfall - Faction - prophecies - EotN, theres tons of great guides around to follow for the newcommer.

Your profession will not affect rewards on the hall of monuments but it will affect the amount of time you will spend on acquiring materials for armors.
    (Heavy armors have more expensive armors than for example: Rangers or Elementalists)

And on that note! Go ranger, it is a easy class to play, cheap armors and you can just tame the rare pets as you come across them!

Deleted
    I just bought the trilogy, do I need to buy EoTN immediately? or can I just buy it once I get closer to 30/50?

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    I just bought the trilogy, do I need to buy EoTN immediately? or can I just buy it once I get closer to 30/50?
    You must have it to get any HoM rewards. However, you can still complete many of the "tasks" that would give you the reward without it. It's up to you really. The heroes and skills provided by it can make things easier and you'll need to get it in the end. It's up to you as to when.

No you don't need it immediately. However it's very useful to unlock EoTN so you can gain access to more heroes and skill trainers. All the major cities have skill trainers that will give you access to a lot of skills from that expansion. A good skill composition for your heroes will make going through the campaigns much easier.

You can begin playing and making progress now. You will need EotN to get to the Hall of Monuments, and you will need to be level 10 to get there. You do not need to "register" anything in the HoM as soon as you get it, you can make as much progress on things as you like now, and once buying EotN, then go there and "register" anything you're entitled to display.