Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    For anyone who played GW1, were the only content updates from the expansion packs or were there content patches as well?
    They released several free content patches just to please the players something that is rare these days

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    I cant without dropping a Spoiler. But Totalbiscuit has an episode about what they did. All i can say is, they cut content from the game and are releasing it as DLC for which you need to pay extra. This content is already finished and available from launch.

What is features in this content is a pretty big deal to the story of ME.

edit: already linked. :P "Enjoy".
    Probably never going to buy another EA game probably then. Already been ripped off enough with WoW's in game store and other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Probably never going to buy another EA game probably then. Already been ripped off enough with WoW's in game store and other games.
    It saddens me, but i will not buy Mass Effect 3. I was looking forward to finding it out, but i have my principals. And i cannot in good conscience buy that game knowing it motivates and rewards such a money grabbing behavior.

Maybe a year or two from now when Steam offers it for 10$ with DLC included.

As of late I have been playing a lot of singelplayer games and I always think to myself "why the hell have I paid Blizzard so much money?". If you look at the content you get released in Cataclysm for example. Great, thats a game that cost you 250$.
    Now lets look at the content in Skyrim. That game cost 70$.
    If you dont replay anything more then once in Cataclysm do you really think its worth 250$?
    I see some people writing "I think its really cheap entertainment". Is a chatbox entertainment worth 15$ a month? Every singelplayer game lets you replay the content as many times you want for free.

Deleted
    Personly me ( and i gues manny others) will try out GW2 JUST becouse it hase no monthly fee.

Quote Originally Posted by TommmyBoy View Post
    Personly me ( and i gues manny others) will try out GW2 JUST becouse it hase no monthly fee.
    And that's where they catch you, and you can never be free again >)

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    I cant without dropping a Spoiler. But Totalbiscuit has an episode about what they did. All i can say is, they cut content from the game and are releasing it as DLC for which you need to pay extra. This content is already finished and available from launch.

What is features in this content is a pretty big deal to the story of ME.

edit: already linked. :P "Enjoy".
    EA isnt the 1st to do so. Take Halo Reach for example... >_>. They had their 1st DLC finished before the game even launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, the monthly fee model is an entry barrier to cut at least some idiots from the game.
    (If you think WoW has a lot of them, check D2 instead, you will be surprised).

I really hope that ArenaNet staff will be able to manage and resolve all the issues adequately.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    EA isnt the 1st to do so. Take Halo Reach for example... >_>. They had their 1st DLC finished before the game even launched.
    I stopped playing Halo after the one release where you were in a squad of Spartans. Was that Reach?

Quote Originally Posted by Craind View Post
    WoW is P2P because of Activision.
    Activision = greedy
    They don't -need- to get a monthly income from their game in order to make content. Many players will be using the cash shop anyway.
    WoW came as a P2P before Blizzard got bought by Activision.

Your argument is invalid.

not sure how I feel about it, WoW is p2p and these days it gives a lot less back for all the money they receive, every quarter keeps showing major profits, but so far in cata, every patch has given less and less. so more money does not equal a better efficient game. if anything it will make them try as hard as they can with the money they are given, and not get spoiled like big blue has become.

It is also sad to hear from blizzard on a couple of points about raiding and questing and leveling, that they say they are unable to do certain things because it takes up resources. come on DS the least mechanic heavy raid next to MC from years and years ago, required "many resources" ??? and making class specific quest, requires too many resources? what the heck is all the money going to? For them to have less resources than previous, when they aren't capable of doing things they were able to do years ago.

GW2 looks promising, real promising for a F2p game, I don't think a community has ever been this excited about a F2P game.
    Last edited by Biggiej; 2012-02-27 at 01:00 PM.

well Guild wars 1 was F2P, you had content but rarely, Guild wars 2 has some PvE content but the game is mainly for PvP content, so a PvP game it's easy to make PvP content, a lot less time consuming then PvE content, beside expansions there will be no PvE content added with patch. Unless they put extra work.
    Personally the monthly fee is nothing, it actually help, and an MMO, it's the kind of game you want to play for years, a game like guild wars is just not that engaging for PvE.Guild Wars 2 looks really interesting, but it won't do anything new or better then it's predecessor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by franckgod View Post
    well Guild wars 1 was F2P, you had content but rarely, Guild wars 2 has some PvE content but the game is mainly for PvP content, so a PvP game it's easy to make PvP content, a lot less time consuming then PvE content, beside expansions there will be no PvE content added with patch. Unless they put extra work.
    Personally the monthly fee is nothing, it actually help, and an MMO, it's the kind of game you want to play for years, a game like guild wars is just not that engaging for PvE.Guild Wars 2 looks really interesting, but it won't do anything new or better then it's predecessor.
    I won't even try to correct everything that's wrong in this post

There's a very nice sticky in this forum here, I suggest you read it.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Personally the monthly fee is nothing, it actually help, and an MMO, it's the kind of game you want to play for years, a game like guild wars is just not that engaging for PvE.
    GW2 wont be mainly a PvE game, and it's not any easier to make PvP content compared to PvE content.

Guild Wars 2 looks really interesting, but it won't do anything new or better then it's predecessor.
    It has already done.
    Hi

In all honesty, I think you may need to do a little research - without wanting to offend, but just about everything in this post... no, scratch that... every single thing you post here is wrong information. The stickies at the top of this forum should give you some good info to absorb and have a think about

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How does a monthly fee help? Not hating I just like to know your reasoning for saying this.

It wasn't F2P. And everything above me has posted.

Deleted
    I am so glad that arenanet are sticking with the B2P format for Guild Wars

I played wow for around 6 years and decided to work out approximately how much i spent on subscriptions and the boxed sets and the total is around £675 which is scary to say the least.

And no i am not going to slag WoW off, its just had its time and i want something different

But do i feel like my £675 went into "improving the game" no not really

Bring on Guild Wars 2

Deleted
    I found this post on Guild Wars 2 Guru Forum, and I pretty much agree with it.

I can think of one reason for them to keep playing WoW.

Pride.

Leaving WoW now is akin (to many) to saying you wasted all that money. Almost like admitting that you were wrong. The little pride monster inside everyone brain does not like being wrong. It definitely does not like being wrong to the tune of a few hundred dollars. Not at all. Why do you think people defend subs so much? the little pride monster is freaking the hell out at GW2 and the F2P games that are actually pretty damn good now. It's close to feeling like it's been wrong, and the pride monster hates being wrong. It's where the second monster comes in, the delusion one.
    Now I don't say it's like that for everyone, but for many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StoDaBest View Post
    WoW came as a P2P before Blizzard got bought by Activision.
    Your argument is invalid.
    Also, Blizzard wasn't bought by Activision. Both were already owned by Vivendi, so it was just a meger to have a single gaming business unit rather than 2.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-