Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I honestly hope another class Is not added... Look at all the problems adding the DK in wow caused.. And its going to happen all over again with a monk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    I honestly hope another class Is not added... Look at all the problems adding the DK in wow caused.. And its going to happen all over again with a monk.
    There aren't the same amount of spells and skills as in World of Warcraft, and there aren't talent trees either. They made skill-tied weapons so it would be easier to balance, which they have done great. I don't think there would be a problem for them adding another class and balance it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    Well seeing as how blizz is just flat out bad at balancing.... that's where the whole DK thing went wrong... AND GW1 added a total of 4 profs and they all seem pretty balanced to me...

---------- Post added 2012-02-26 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I still think it would be an explorable area. I don't feel very strongly about it, so I won't argue to strongly about it, either. But the conjured weapons are only temporary, so I still feel they're very different archetypes.
    Ya i'm kinda in the same boat as you lol, if they add battle mages meh, idc that much, and if they don't i wont care that much either, just pointing out the whole conjuration thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah muh gawd. Games not even out yet and we're already thinking about other professions. We're doomed.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    Ah muh gawd. Games not even out yet and we're already thinking about other professions. We're doomed.
    It's just fun speculation. : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Engineer should have been the 3rd Soldier profession, and they should of put a Druid-like shapeshifting profession for the 3rd Adventure profession.
    This and more. And a Bard could be the "cloth wearer".

Reading through the thread I think a more offensive Wizard/Mage might be a pretty good idea. It would be different from a Guardian by having a lot less defensive capabilities (such as making it unable to wear a Shield) and also giving it access to a Ranged weapon (Longbow, Shortbow, Rifle). I have no clue about Guild Wars lore, so I don't know how well if would fit in or what its visual style would be, although to differentiate it from an Elementalist, it might be a good idea to focus on one element only (maybe fire, since it's perceived more aggressive than other elements).
    See, that's the best part about GW2, they can write any Lore right now, and it'd be their canon Lore. They have a fresh new slab to work with, and so far it's going very well.
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2012-02-26 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Typed that wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading through the thread I think a more offensive Wizard/Mage might be a pretty good idea. It would be different from a Guardian by having a lot less defensive capabilities (such as making it unable to wear a Shield) and also giving it access to a Ranged weapon (Longbow, Shortbow, Rifle). I have no clue about Guild Wars lore, so I don't know how well if would fit in or what its visual style would be, although to differentiate it from an Elementalist, it might be a good idea to focus on one element only (maybe fire, since it's perceived more aggressive than other elements).
    The problem is that the elementist can be a battle mage if you give it the daggers. If anything, they can just, as someone else said, give the elementist more weapons and that would cover the battle mage. I can see a bard-type class, a mixture of elemental, light and close-combat, but that usually does not count as a plate wearer (even if my friends play that in skyrim).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see a sort of Lancer, yeah, but that sounds awfully similar to what a Warrior is (just without the spears/javelins).

You could just make the Dervish into soldier, but... well how similar would the playstyle be to what Guardians already do, beyond adding a scythe? What other weapons would they have?
    What sort of magic would they wield?

What about another class that wields the elements, but isn't a caster so much as a... well, like everybody here suggested... battle-mage. In other words, the "soldier" version of the Elementalist, much as the Thief and the Mesmer both do the same thing with different approaches?
    Or could that be the Dervish?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-27 at 01:12 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    The problem is that the elementist can be a battle mage if you give it the daggers. If anything, they can just, as someone else said, give the elementist more weapons and that would cover the battle mage. I can see a bard-type class, a mixture of elemental, light and close-combat, but that usually does not count as a plate wearer (even if my friends play that in skyrim).
    I'm not going to repeat myself, but as I said above, I still think they're very different archetypes. An Elementalist in melee range, isn't a melee fighter.
    Resurrected Holy Priest