10+ Year Old Account

New Laptop Speakers Are Crackling.

So I bought this laptop (Asus G73SW-A1), received it mid-January. The speakers were great, worked fine, listened to music / games on them quite a few times, but never that loud. Lately, beginning about 2 days ago (first time I noticed it) the speakers have started crackling when listening to music at a very normal level. Not sure exactly what to do. I definitely didn't stress them out very much, so I'm upset that they would be crackling, and after only about 40-50 days of use.

Suggestions? Fixes? Should I try and get it replaced? I have a warranty on it, not entirely sure if that covers shit speakers. At work right now, so I can't check.

Deleted
    if you have a warranty, use it wont hurt. use another place to story your files (i advise erasing any embarasing/personal data on the pc b4 bringing it in). if its fixable, let them fix, otherwise replace it. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsilver View Post
    if you have a warranty, use it wont hurt. use another place to story your files (i advise erasing any embarasing/personal data on the pc b4 bringing it in). if its fixable, let them fix, otherwise replace it. :P
    Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. Really shitty, though. I hate the idea of not having my laptop for 3-4 weeks (at least). I don't even use the speakers that much aside from pretty quiet music occasionally while I sleep, and it doesn't crackle when it's that quiet. I might just suck it up, and deal for now. The warranty on it is 2 years, with 1 year accidental protection, so I should be fine for now at least.

I think a lot fo people with the same laptop have had the same problem, all were returned. If your warrenty is up or you dont have one/voided speakers are very easy to replace.

Really the only thing you can do is update your drivers. But I'm not sure how that would help. Usually when speakers are starting to crackle, it's a sign that they're shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzer View Post
    I think a lot fo people with the same laptop have had the same problem, all were returned. If your warrenty is up or you dont have one/voided speakers are very easy to replace.
    Yeah I went on a forum specifically for this computer and they said it has a bit of a reputation for the speakers going bad quickly. Unfortunate. Not sure if a month or so without my computer is worth it with as little as I use my computer speakers for music, though. I'll try the drivers real quick, but it definitely sounds like a shit speaker crackle....Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gnomage View Post
    Yeah I went on a forum specifically for this computer and they said it has a bit of a reputation for the speakers going bad quickly. Unfortunate. Not sure if a month or so without my computer is worth it with as little as I use my computer speakers for music, though. I'll try the drivers real quick, but it definitely sounds like a shit speaker crackle....Annoying.
    Heat can damage speakers, and hasten the death. Another thing is sometimes even tho you can't hear it the speakers are being severely damaged by dirty signals.

Use the warranty while you have it. Putting things off leads to putting them off again and again and again.

While I love Asus, their low and mid range laptops all have crap speakers. My girlfriend bought one a year ago and I had to go back to the store and listen to their display just to make sure it wasn't broken. I also listened to the others they had and same thing. My stepmom even has the same issue with hers.