Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else not believe in theory crafting until they play it for themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    With you 100%. There are too many variables in the fights to even have something as a rotation, or a perfect setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    With you 100%. There are too many variables in the fights to even have something as a rotation, or a perfect setup.
    Exactly, you don't get a feel for what's what until you get your hands on it.

Deleted
    Agreed, said it in another thread. To hard to know what to get since you really don't know what everything does/how strong it is. Like conditions, could be really stron and may not be. Might be better to build on condition long term (long bosses etc) or not etc.

Deleted
    I don't take this theorycrafting, I don't try to look for the best damage, or defense. I just use these tools for fun, so I can see what the traits do and what weapon combinations I could use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to use the traits tool posted the other day, and it was really hard to even set up a build that even looked remotely tied together, mainly because I dont know how some of the abilities will even work.

So in the end, the tool is nice to get a feel for the profession, but it is nowhere near an actual toolkit to help you build your preferred spec.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I'll take whatever traits allow me to pop up the incredibly awesome looking shield bubbles more often, and more powerful. Definitely going to go at least 10 points into Virtues just to make my sanctuary last a few seconds longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    I don't take this theorycrafting, I don't try to look for the best damage, or defense. I just use these tools for fun, so I can see what the traits do and what weapon combinations I could use.
    That's theorycrafting, minus all the math.

Who cares what it is? None of it is even set in stone, it's just something interesting to do while we wait. Nobody's forcing you to do it so I don't know why you feel the need to argue your opinion about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me. Add that to the fact this game isn't really about min/maxing and it kinda frustrates me people have all these builds on here before the games even out. I'll be trying a bunch of things out once I get my hands on the game!
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Who cares what it is? None of it is even set in stone, it's just something interesting to do while we wait. Nobody's forcing you to do it so I don't know why you feel the need to argue your opinion about it.
    I'm not arguing anything. I'm expressing and defining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    Me. Add that to the fact this game isn't really about min/maxing and it kinda frustrates me people have all these builds on here before the games even out. I'll be trying a bunch of things out once I get my hands on the game!
    People who theorycraft before experiencing content are the folks who want to optimize themselves as fast as possible for the time when they DO have the content in hand, its a method of keeping ahead of the curve by getting a head start before even arriving at the starting line.

I myself hate theorycrafting, but if you are someone who wants to be competitive it almost is absolutely necessary to do your best on figuring out a good spec and combination of talents before the content actually even launches, regardless if the build will be changed or not.

And remember: A good Warrior trains off the battlefield, so that he reduces his chance of being killed on it.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing that's really keeping me away from the guardian is the lack of range abilities they have. It's the only profession that seems to be primarily melee.
    Well we have plenty of anti-ranged shields and walls so I think those more than make up for the fact that we don't have a ranged weapon. Oh, and we also have three possible teleports.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    Well we have plenty of anti-ranged shields and walls so I think those more than make up for the fact that we don't have a ranged weapon. Oh, and we also have three possible teleports.
    That was something I noticed as I started to look at the class more, and I found this video...I think it's amazing that we'll be able to do something like this...(go to 2:10)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't Scepter and Staff have ranged capabilities?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Don't Scepter and Staff have ranged capabilities?
    I guess I just needed to look at it more.

Staff has 3, scepter has 2, and then each of the 3 off-hands each provide 1. It looks like the torch might have 2 with the follow up attack, but a 40s cd.

The 2h sword has a ranged ability with a death grip type follow up ability plus a leap.

The 1h sword has a ranged ability plus a leap.

So there is more available than I thought, but still less than any other prof.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-02 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the primary attacks are the main ones you'd need to worry about when standing at range.

If it actually became a balancing problem, I imagine ANet would tweak things.

Also: I think the third Staff move can be used offensively.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-02 at 05:46 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    I'm just going to quote this, but it's to address all the other people who think likewise.
    Yes, theorycrafting before knowing the playstyle and environment is a bit silly. But there's no harm in it. By looking at possible builds we just get enjoyment out of a game before it's even out. I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Also, by picking my favorite weapons, I'll know what rewards and skills I'll have to pick while leveling.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided upon a rather offense-focused Guardian build. Originally didn't really like the conjured spirit weapon thing, but... eh, maybe I'll just give it a shot and see what happens. Hopefully I can still survive things fairly well with such a build.

10+ Year Old Account
    /snip
    They've nerfed that ability to a "teleport to lowest health ally" ability. No more uber teleport
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."