Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    whose trying to figure out how to dual boot their mac laptop for GWII so that his ass can play a Guardian...

THIS GUYYYYYY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Yes, but we don't know how good those stat increases are. For all we know, the boosts in raw power you get for going into that tree is only marginal.
    They're actually really good. They're supposed to be stronger than any one piece of gear.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Yes, but we don't know how good those stat increases are. For all we know, the boosts in raw power you get for going into that tree is only marginal.
    Well, as someone pointed out, they're pretty good, but even if they weren't, it would be a problem. If I'm going for a (semi)-offensive build, I'd want the Power (regardless of how much), but I wouldn't necessarily use (a lot of) Symbols.

I don't want to bitch about this too much, but saying it isn't a problem is just not true.

To compensate for the complaints I could make a list of what I do like about the Guardian.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Well, as someone pointed out, they're pretty good, but even if they weren't, it would be a problem. If I'm going for a (semi)-offensive build, I'd want the Power (regardless of how much), but I wouldn't necessarily use (a lot of) Symbols.

I don't want to bitch about this too much, but saying it isn't a problem is just not true.

To compensate for the complaints I could make a list of what I do like about the Guardian.
    Bah... we all know that as much as we bitch and moan we stilll gonna get the game, roll a guardian, and be like ZOMGWTFBBQSAUCE *DROOOOOLLL*

or at least that would be me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else feel like guardians lack ranged aoe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    They don't really need ranged AoE abilites. Guardians got wards, runes, marks or whatever you want to call them, that they can place on the ground. Sure they will appear where you stand, but you're still able to run around while the ward is still placed on the ground. And some of our utility skills lets us make some AoE, despite what weapon we choose.

The only weapon I think is staff that got ranged aoe.

But still, we got plenty of other AoE abilites, they are just not ranged, and the don't only do damage, they heal and apply boons to allies too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scepter and Staff do seem to have some... will need to actually see their gameplay to get a good feel for how good it is.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Scepter and Staff do seem to have some... will need to actually see their gameplay to get a good feel for how good it is.
    I don't see any on the scepter, and the staff only has a cone attack. It does have a symbol but it's really small.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any on the scepter
    Might be AoE, not sure: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orb_of_Wrath
    Definitely targeted ranged AoE: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smite

This one is on the Focus, and is more of a beam, but w/e: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ray_of_Judgment
    This one is on the Shield: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_of_Judgment
    This one is on the Torch, but is short range and better with Sword for teleporting: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Flame

Don't discount the off-hand attacks, Scepter doesn't exist in a void.

Zealot's Fire, unfortunately, appears to be ranged single-target, but oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say "lack". I think the profession can perfectly function without it. It would be nice to have, but not exactly necessary.
    Also, I'm unsure how much AoE is useful in terms of dealing damage, with the focus on movement.

But still, it's something to look out for when playing over the weekend.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranged AoE is going to prove VERY useful in big WvW fights.

Deleted
    Ranged AoE is going to prove VERY useful in big WvW fights.
    *Jump in, cast bubble, people are spread out*

Party pooper here :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    *Jump in, cast bubble, people are spread out*

Party pooper here :3
    *watches Guardian get focused on and die a few seconds later*

Inb4 mentioning defensive shields/bubbles: How long does it last? wink wink

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be AoE, not sure: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orb_of_Wrath
    Definitely targeted ranged AoE: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smite

This one is on the Focus, and is more of a beam, but w/e: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ray_of_Judgment
    This one is on the Shield: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_of_Judgment
    This one is on the Torch, but is short range and better with Sword for teleporting: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Flame

Don't discount the off-hand attacks, Scepter doesn't exist in a void.

Zealot's Fire, unfortunately, appears to be ranged single-target, but oh well.
    Most of those seem conal. I meant big reticule aoe. The only one I see doing that is smite, but from the videos I've seen it's really small.

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 07:25 PM ----------

Grr... guardians are proving to be frustrating. I want to be the magical warrior type class, but I'm not liking their design philosophy, and I still think the trait trees are god awful. There are way too many spirit weapon traits and in the wrong places, they should combine a few of the spirit weapon traits in to one trait. Radiance has an emphasis on burning conditions, but the only weapon set up that can reliably burn is scepter/torch. So 2handed melee guardians are partially screwed. I still think two handed mastery within honor is stupid, put it in at LEAST valor. For a trait line that has prowess in it, it sure as hell doesn't have much offensive traits. I just hope they make a lot of changes before release.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-04-23 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    *watches Guardian get focused on and die a few seconds later*

Inb4 mentioning defensive shields/bubbles: How long does it last? wink wink
    Oh I don't mind dying, it's just fun to jump in and do it

- and I think the shield off-hand skill bubble is up for 4 seconds, and the elite skill is up a little bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Oh I don't mind dying, it's just fun to jump in and do it

- and I think the shield off-hand skill bubble is up for 4 seconds, and the elite skill is up a little bit longer.
    Sanctuary lasts 10 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grr... guardians are proving to be frustrating. I want to be the magical warrior type class, but I'm not liking their design philosophy, and I still think the trait trees are god awful. There are way too many spirit weapon traits and in the wrong places, they should combine a few of the spirit weapon traits in to one trait. Radiance has an emphasis on burning conditions, but the only weapon set up that can reliably burn is scepter/torch. So 2-handed melee guardians are partially screwed. I still think two handed mastery within honor is stupid, put it in at LEAST valor. For a trait line that has prowess in it, it sure as hell doesn't have much offensive traits. I just hope they make a lot of changes before release.
    If you're in the Beta, be sure to tell this to Arenanet. I know it's annoying that some things have been (apparently) given little thought.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I will admit Guardians have less ranged AoE options than other classes, but that begs the question of whether or not Guardians, specifically, need the ranged AoE. They do have a lot of fancy tools in general. Perhaps Staff Guardians simply need to be tweaked? *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    If you're in the Beta, be sure to tell this to Arenanet. I know it's annoying that some things have been (apparently) given little thought.
    I wish I was, I'd be badgering them to no end.

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 09:36 PM ----------

I will admit Guardians have less ranged AoE options than other classes, but that begs the question of whether or not Guardians, specifically, need the ranged AoE. They do have a lot of fancy tools in general. Perhaps Staff Guardians simply need to be tweaked? *shrugs*
    I won't really care if they don't have ranged aoe if they just end up playing right. I want them to fix the traits before anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the Guardian traiting will be vastly improved by launch. What we've seen is a month old, isn't it? They've surely noticed this kind of feedback by now and tried to react to it. We'll have to see.